Asmondian

DayZ | +45 QoL suggestions | Part 2

On 6/4/2021 at 10:50 AM, Derleth said:

The point is not to make it frustratingly slow though, just to make weapon types matter. Currently there is little or no difference between raising a Mosin and an IJ70. Long guns are heavy and unwieldy, there needs to be more inertia to them. (Not just to ADS, the way players can spin around with a rifle raised is silly). You can definitely raise your rifle quickly - especially if carried half raised - but doing so and immediately getting off an accurate shot is another matter. So sure, let the ads animation be quick - but focusing in and getting control of the sway should be slower the longer/heavier the weapon is. Then you can get off a desperate and inaccurate shot in a clinch.

Different ads speed for weapon types/weight is defo a good idea. I was never a fan of the old aim inertia tho, it felt really clunky and more frustrating than anything else, given how the player you are trying to kill is not affected by any inertia at all while doing his little zig zag dodge dance.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:50 AM, Derleth said:

focusing in and getting control of the sway should be slower the longer/heavier the weapon is. Then you can get off a desperate and inaccurate shot in a clinch.

not sure but you probably shouldnt be able to aim and focus in as fast when on low stamina for example.

What a great, informative post - awesome work. Can appreciate the time it must have taken to put together.

On item 39 - loot in the Apartment buildings. I believe they have said that loot spawning in all the Apartment impacts the CLE by taking out loot of the rest of the areas due the number of potential spawns inside the buildings. That makes sense though it seems to work ok in Namalsk.

It also makes game-world sense to expect loot in the large apartment blocks as they're a natural POI - as a new player I always wondered why I never found anything in them.

It's part of a wider theme where I think the in game POIs should have appropriate loot spawns. There's some awesome locations but if they don’t spawn anything no-one spends any time there, or actively avoids them.  

I am fairly new to the game,  when I realized after searching through a few buildings that the apartments were empty, it dawned on me that this automatically makes them a great place to hide crates and barrels.  You do not need to build gates with locks if all the other players realize that it could potentially take  them hours to just happen to find the apartment where someone may be hiding something, meanwhile no spawned loot is there to pass the time.   If loot did spawn in the apartments that would end the usefullness as  a good storage area for stashes as players would have more incentive to go through each and every apartment and thus easily find your stash.  Empty apartments make for a better stash spot than building a base in my opinion.  Just remember your apartment location, and don't let anyone see you going in or going out.  (having to scope out surroundings adds to the excitement) 

Another change that could improve the game is the realistic inventory. Survivors should not be a walking arsenal, and they should choose the most necessary things. This will also prevent situations where some large caliber weapons are hidden in pants and jackets. However, this will require resizing some things. People are already implementing this idea in mods.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

Excellent suggestions in this post, most of them easy to implement and would add much QoL to the game. Kudos Asmondian & Devs! Make it happen ;)