Raphael_RJ2

Psychic Wolves miles away that Aggro me & ignore the infected.

What I love about this game Vs other Survival games is there is no handholding & it's pretty fair except for Wolves aggroing from miles away right to the players and not attacking the Infected during their psychic journey to me (vice versa the infected don't attack them also lol)

Example: I was literally laying down on top of a building looking through the scope, watching wolves come right to me from miles away from a direction I've never been in & It kind of killed the immersion for me....This happened to me more than once! 

I mean, Even if it's something in the coding that you can't fix, at least them fighting the zombies also and not just me would add to the immersion & interesting game play!

i loved being stuck in a building, unable to sort out the wolves, 

i love the wolf interactions, they snook up on me last time, attacked, i shot 2, then shot 2 infected, then glitched my shotgun, grabbed my magnum and shot the last 2. bandaged, lost alot of blood, almost zero, passed out many times (about 10) trying to survive. 

ran off, totally had to adapt to take them on. 

Yeh, I like the wolves as they are. In fact, I think I'd make the packs larger. One of the most intense experiences I ever had in the game was with a couple of packs of wolves and me with just a mosin. Not easy to deal with them with that type of weapon. Ended up having to hide in one of those hunter trailers and trying to pick them off, while passing out from lack of blood.

LOL

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Yeh, I like the wolves as they are. In fact, I think I'd make the packs larger. One of the most intense experiences I ever had in the game was with a couple of packs of wolves and me with just a mosin. Not easy to deal with them with that type of weapon. Ended up having to hide in one of those hunter trailers and trying to pick them off, while passing out from lack of blood.

LOL

I like the wolves as they are also I just don't like that their psychic....

I love how terrifying they are but I still want a fair game like if they get me they actually get me not because they psychically know where I'm at.

If I'm on top of a building miles away how do they aggro right to me?

That's the only thing I don't like other than that this game is pretty fair either you live or you die But at least I want to know I got killed fairly if that makes sense....

It's supposed to simulating scent I reckon.

IRL a wolf can pick up the scent of prey from a couple of miles away and they'll make a straight line toward it.

But you can get away from them. Once you hear that first arrooo, run in the opposite direction.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:51 PM, Raphael_RJ2 said:

I mean, Even if it's something in the coding that you can't fix, at least them fighting the zombies also and not just me would add to the immersion & interesting game play!

They fight infected regularly. It is not uncommon to come an area and see them fighting. Also, remember that they go after all players, so it's not always you who triggers them 😉 

EDIT: ok, so I stand corrected apparently wolves fighting infected was turned off some while ago. 

Edited by William Sternritter

They are set to an event trigger. Step into the event circle/radius and it will trigger the wolves/bear. 

They are quite easy to take out. Just get on smth high. Deer stands work beautifully for this. 

We Just see Them as food that Comes to us. 🙂

You can even melee Them. Altho i wouldnt advise starting with melee. But if you're down on ammo. Shoot 1 or two and take the third out with melee. The fourth ,if present, will scooch out. 

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

They are set to an event trigger. Step into the event circle/radius and it will trigger the wolves/bear. 

They are quite easy to take out. Just get on smth high. Deer stands work beautifully for this. 

We Just see Them as food that Comes to us. 🙂

You can even melee Them. Altho i wouldnt advise starting with melee. But if you're down on ammo. Shoot 1 or two and take the third out with melee. The fourth ,if present, will scooch out. 

The event trigger thing is how dynamic infected work - if a player comes within the spawn radius the event triggers and spawn the set amount of zeds in a zone defined in the configs. Animal spawns do not work the same, they are events that spawn regardless of player movement. So wolves and other animals are continuously roaming the map around their defined territories. Then if the wolves catch the scent of a player (=player wanders inside their radius) they'll sound the hoot and go for the player. Same thing happens if another animal (except bears) comes close - then they'll hunt them - but players take priority. Previously they would also hunt infected, but as I said in some other thread that was taken out in 1.06.

I have re-enabled predator vs infected fighting on my servers, so I have had plenty of opportunity to observe this behaviour. 😄 I'll often drive by a major battle between zeds and one or two wolf packs. Drawback of this - possibly part of the reason devs disabled the feature - is that players are rarely bothered by wolves near villages, since they tend to get taken out by infected instead. Makes sense, but I like being able to "summon" infected to distract a pack of wolves so I can run away..

Btw bears will also attack infected when the feature is enabled.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Derleth said:

The event trigger thing is how dynamic infected work - if a player comes within the spawn radius the event triggers and spawn the set amount of zeds in a zone defined in the configs. Animal spawns do not work the same, they are events that spawn regardless of player movement. So wolves and other animals are continuously roaming the map around their defined territories. Then if the wolves catch the scent of a player (=player wanders inside their radius) they'll sound the hoot and go for the player. Same thing happens if another animal (except bears) comes close - then they'll hunt them - but players take priority. Previously they would also hunt infected, but as I said in some other thread that was taken out in 1.06.

I have re-enabled predator vs infected fighting on my servers, so I have had plenty of opportunity to observe this behaviour. 😄 I'll often drive by a major battle between zeds and one or two wolf packs. Drawback of this - possibly part of the reason devs disable the feature - is tjat players are rarely bothered by wolves near villages since they tend to get taken out by infected instead. Makes sense, but I like being able to "summon" infected to distract a pack of wolves so I can run away..

Btw bears will also attack infected when the feature is enabled.

Didn't know that. Ty 🙂

still ,the set foot in the radius triggers the wolves on you, stands 😉

• Like 1

There is a mod for Wolves (and Bears) fighting with Zombies.  It's called ZombiesvsWolves (and includes Bears).  It's a very small mod that works fine.  Sorry for you 'console' players, but then again, why are you playing this game on such a ridiculous platform for a complicated game?