999white999

Offline raiding

Off line raid can the devs please do something about this iv seen 100s of players on official and never play again because of offline raider . Can u please do something about this why can you not set a timer for a 8 hours rest of ya base so when ya on then people can raid and before you say go to committee no thank they fuck up the severe s and wipe to much there needs to be a rest point to stop this offline raiding . 

I think it's just one of those things that can't really be protected against. Same as most games with base building such as Ark. 

I'm not really a base builder, never saw the point in this game. And there are so many ways to protect loot without a base it seems unnecessary. 

See wot your saying but ark u can on private sever on ark set it so no one can raid ya base just the game is so long iv got over 2000 hour on console now but we they could do more with the base side of it . Its nice to have somewhere to chill with the team tbh

Play a community server that has base raid rules. Some even have discord notices when someone is near your base so someone on your team has a chance to log on and defend.

I agree 100%. I play ONLY vanilla / official servers and offline raid is probably the worst mechanic that exist in this game. And dont even try to say "oh this game suppose to be hard so you are weak" please shut the hell up. Hard =/= fun.

In "real life zombie apocalypse" you can "always" defend your base because you are almost always around, repairing, scavenging etc. but in game you just disappear from existence and your base stay unprotected.

My solution is here:

After base owner logout all structures that he build are free to raid in next 48h - in other words after owner logout nothing is diffrent what is now in DayZ. But. After 48h all structures have 100% protection from incoming damage for the next 7 days OR until base owner (or base other base member) will login again. However. If base owner or member wont login, after 7 days of protection base is again free to raid permanently and if base owner want another 7 days of protection he need to login > go offline for 48h > base is again under 7 days protection.

On 5/12/2021 at 4:41 PM, 999white999 said:

Off line raid can the devs please do something about this iv seen 100s of players on official and never play again because of offline raider . Can u please do something about this why can you not set a timer for a 8 hours rest of ya base so when ya on then people can raid and before you say go to committee no thank they fuck up the severe s and wipe to much there needs to be a rest point to stop this offline raiding . 

36 minutes ago, ZBA said:

My solution is here:

After base owner logout all structures that he build are free to raid in next 48h - in other words after owner logout nothing is diffrent what is now in DayZ. But. After 48h all structures have 100% protection from incoming damage for the next 7 days OR until base owner (or base other base member) will login again. However. If base owner or member wont login, after 7 days of protection base is again free to raid permanently and if base owner want another 7 days of protection he need to login > go offline for 48h > base is again under 7 days protection.

lol no

Bases are implemented for active players, if you aren't able to defend it all the time, then don't bother with bases. Simple as that.

Make stashes or hidden small shelters in the woods.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

Bases are implemented for active players, if you aren't able to defend it all the time, then don't bother with bases. Simple as that

People have life and cannot spend every day in dayz. I want to login like 2-3 times in week and still keep my progress without be frustrated because 15yo kid can spend all day in front of game and raid however he want.

Thats why we need system that prevent this unfair status quo.

1 minute ago, ZBA said:

People have life and cannot spend every day in dayz. I want to login like 2-3 times in week and still keep my progress without be frustrated because 15yo kid can spend all day in front of game and raid however he want.

Thats why we need system that prevent this unfair status quo.

Again... lol no.

14 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Again... lol no.

Any arguments?

12 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

shouldn't it be obvious why it's a bad suggestion?

no, thats why I waiting for proper arguments from your side

7 minutes ago, ZBA said:

It's just a bad suggestion since it gives too much advantage (artificial advantage that doesn't reward gathering better materials) to base building folk.
It shouldn't be a must have part of the game, and making base indestructible while somebody is offline would make hoarding an even worse issue.

Now imagine on consoles, hoarding + duping + indestructible bases while they are offline...

Again, people have already suggested more materials for bases, and I'm all for that, but indestructible bases sound like a bad idea.
Metal gates should get a HP buff for the time being, since same amount grenades will destroy metal gate as wooden gates.

I tried base raiding like handful of times, and I never managed to do it. I had like 6 grenades and 200 rounds of x39, but it's just not enough... Even 5 grenades and like almost 100 rounds of x39 wasn't enough for one wall, somehow.
Bases aren't too weak.

My suggestion if you can't defend your base is: make a stash, and make an empty base with opened door. that way people won't ever destroy your fence, and you will always have loot nearby, and you also have a kinda safezone inside your base.

anyway, I'm a little tipsy right now, so if it doesn't make sense, i'm sorry.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Sorry but 15 gates its nothing to raid for 3-4 people. I build a lot of bases with 6-8 gates and each one of them was raided after few days.

1 hour ago, ZBA said:

Sorry but 15 gates its nothing to raid for 3-4 people. I build a lot of bases with 6-8 gates and each one of them was raided after few days.

15 gates takes like 90 grenades though.... that's not "nothing"

1 gate needs 6 grenades if wooden, 7 if metal.

It takes 602 7.62x39s to take down the lower portion of one gate (wall and frame included, but lower portion) so you can crawl through.

So in total it would take 36-48 grenades for 6-8 wooden gates or 3612-4816 7.62x39 rounds. FAAAAAAAR from too easy.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 hour ago, ZBA said:

No.  It's not on the rest of the community to explain why your idea sucks.  You came up with an idea, called it a solution, and then basically said "here is a solution, prove that it's bad."   Which is bad.

Your solution, based on property lines, which can never exist in Dayz, is bad because the concept of property ownership is nonsensical.

Building a base is, for me, maybe something I would do if I was bored. But building a base to protect loot seems bizarre to me. Just a big sign saying "Rob me". Burying loot or stashing in ponds or rivers is the only way to ensure safe stash (and even then it might be found). The general consensus here is that indestructible bases are a bad idea, and for good reason. There is no argument in favour of it. In reality, you wouldn't always be home, you'd be out and about looting. Nothing is forever in dayz and people really struggle with this game unless they truly understand that. 

• Thanks 1

If you are not always online but like to build a nice base try this server. Base damage is disabled so it is very hard and time consuming to raid a base. Sometimes it is nearly impossible.

[EU] Cheranus | no base damage | Loot+ | Vanilla | IKEA
5.83.170.48:19000

Like official servers but without damage on fences and towers.