ericdude88

Stary Sobor : Sniper Haven

Not once have I not been shot at while visiting this hellhole...I've always refused to server hop and farm and etc., trying to loot this place legit. Dying many times after good runs while trying to do this (but I took it like a man and just restarted) today I successfully acquired my loot after popping a group of bandits in the forest with my winchester. Both of them had sniper rifles which I took.

Then I run out to the field in the North East of the town and I hear CONSTANT popping of loud snipers from a distance and bullets landing all around me (there were at least 2 snipers firing at once). From the sound they were M107s. However, thanks to my zigzagging after around 60 or so shots (I was literally counting the "pews" landing around me..), and I MEAN LITERALLY 60 shots I escaped into the forest.. (btw, nice fail at shooting some guy who is literally in the open with over 60 shots from a sniper and not getting a single hit xD)

Do you guys even think Stary is worth it on populated servers.. I mean the mlitary tents are literally in the open and surrounded by nice ambush positions too. Looks like I'll have to low pop. farm soon as well...

In any case I'm starting to feel like Berezino is much more worth my while than Stary now.. And NW Airfield.. forget it. Though I had my fun on the previous life where I dropped quite a few very well armed bandits with my AK-74 Kobra

planed to loot this area but now im not sure....

Danger is what the game is all about. If you're going to low pop servers to get 'loot' you might as well not even play the game.

Wow you're unlucky, I've been here a lot and never been shot. I must admit I have ambushed one guy here myself, however. Pro tip: don't use a flashlight at night in the Stary while looting the military camp ;)

The entire game is sniper haven. CQC doesn't exist at all past your initial journey to elektro or cherno. You just have to hope you find a sniper rifle before you get sniped.

If you go to Stary, the only reason to do it is to camp the hills overlooking the mil tents for easy kills. Never enter yourself unless you have others to cover you while you loot the tents/your player kills

Why did you run in the open field if you knew there were snipers? You're lucky most of the "bandits" out there have a twitchy trigger.

Why did you run in the open field if you knew there were snipers? You're lucky most of the "bandits" out there have a twitchy trigger.

Yeah especially when you'd just looted a sniper yourself... you probably could've scanned the area with binos and spotted them before they saw you.

We usually loot the tents with 2-4 players usally 1 or 2 snipers covering and 1 or 2 people going in for the loot, never died this way. But as a lone wolf it can be pretty hard, but you have to take your time and spot for players, check the bushes around the tents and sit there a while just to watch if there is anybody near the tents. Once you have watched a couple of minutes you can decide if you really want to go in there. Once you've got your stuff just run into the forest as fast as you can don't care about the zombies chasing you.

The entire game is sniper haven. CQC doesn't exist at all past your initial journey to elektro or cherno. You just have to hope you find a sniper rifle before you get sniped.

If you go to Stary' date=' the only reason to do it is to camp the hills overlooking the mil tents for easy kills. Never enter yourself unless you have others to cover you while you loot the tents/your player kills

[/quote']

this guy is right.

i suggest you find a ghillie suit, a sniper rifle you fancy, and make love to the grass like everyone else (it's not fun)

I rarely get shot there because I always check around the camp before going in. Yesterday I met some guy in the tents so I shot him, and later somw guy on the hill, shot.him as well.

My crew and I go there specifically to find survivors/bandits to kill. Usually approach from the SE side of the town and scan the hill/town with my L85. Rangefinder + AS50 = dead tent camping snipers.

the problem with Stary Sobor is that the people that glitch dayz, can see through the tents, as in they arent showing up at all, thats why they snipe you so easy...

Other players in areas with decent loot?

WHAT IS THIS FOUL SORCERY.

Yeah especially when you'd just looted a sniper yourself... you probably could've scanned the area with binos and spotted them before they saw you.

I actually did scan' date=' but you have to have been in my position to know what was going on. The forest which I suspect the fire came from was pretty far from the forest across the field from which I scanned from, so it's really hard to see well camo'd snipers from a distance where half of the bushes in the forest don't even show up on my screen..

Only when I got to mid-field did I take fire.

[hr']

I rarely get shot there because I always check around the camp before going in. Yesterday I met some guy in the tents so I shot him' date=' and later somw guy on the hill, shot.him as well.

[/quote']

You just got lucky. I'm not a bad player at all. Usually I go down with around 4-5 kills on my count from my Cherno/Balota adventures. I took out an entire clan at once. I tend to hang around Stary and scout the crap out of it before I go in as well. The thing is though the population is just so dense and the tents are just so in the open and surroudned by nice spots that the only good reason to go there now is to snipe others. The risk is greater than the reward now..

Well that is kind of hard considering that I am a lone wolf and I never get good equipment since I never go to farm NW airfield.

Snipers are really hard to come by now...Even the CZ550 is hard to find. Most people who have snipers (especially the ones above the CZ, like M24, DMR, M107, AS50 etc.) are NW low pop. farmers. Notice I said MOST. Not all, but about 95%...

Yeah you're definitely right. Pretty much the only way to get a sniper rifle as solo is to farm on low pop, get lucky in a deer stand, get lucky and find an untouched and unwatched crashed heli, or farm barns and hope you get a CZ. #1 I'm not doing, #2 is very unlikely, #3 is even more unlikely, and #4 is probably the easiest way, but still unlikely.

Hell when i'm playing solo I practically feel like the goal of the game is to avoid everyone until I get amazingly lucky and find one, because thats just how the game is. Snipe or be sniped.

Even going into Stary at night is dangerous. I've been there a few times at night and even had encounters. Some guy was using a military flashlight (I had NVGs) and flashed it right on me. Of course, I popped him in the face with my M4A1. Another time, I scanned the area with my binos just as some guy wired up the back entrance to the tents, then proceeded inside of one. I tried to be sneaky and crawl into a tent and wait, but aggro'd one zombie on the way in. Funny thing is, the zombie kept swinging at me, but missed every time. I just laid there while this happened, but the guy didn't do anything and I heard him popping zombies with a silenced weapon. After laying in that tent for, literally, 12 minutes, I got up, ran away from the zombies and proceeded inside of a tent. Ironically, the very tent that guy was in. He unloaded on me, broke my leg, caused me to bleed and caused shock, but I ended up the victor in that fight with 1800 blood left over, just enough to take out pursuing zombies, afterwards passing out, then immediately giving myself medical aid with 1200 blood left and running like a mofo to the nearest animal I could find so I could have a victory dinner.

Thanks to the sniper who sniped me while I was sniping people at the tents.. I was up in that building overlooking the tents and got shot from behind.. I almost think they spawned inside and killed me..

I have gotten a lot and I mean A LOT of kills in SS while sniping. I would never try to loot this area...

Man I must be incredibly lucky. I've always made Stary my post coast military run. I think I've only ever seen other people there 3 times. And each time I saw them I was able to loot in peace after letting them run off for a while.

my first time going to stary i got shot by some auotmatic. i scanned the area and didnt see anyone at all so i thought it was "safe" (silly me). i proceeded to loot 2 tents till i found a fresh unlooted body. at the time i didnt think nothing of it cuz i litteraly sat outside the hills for 10 or 15 mins with binoculars and i didnt see anyone going in or out of the tents. when i was checking his body some derp ass came up to the side of me and unloaded. i have no idea where the fuck he was, but the shots were extremly close so he had to have been litteraly right next to me. (it wasnt a sniper, it was a automatic weapon)

it took me like 2 hours to travel to stary from vysota (this includes me finding 2 ppl at the barn also on the road going to vysota. i killed them both, but the zombies finished me off somehow and i had to regear in order to travel back there). so basically 2 hours just to go to stary to die by some retard camping INSIDE one of the tents for all eternity.

I dont know what the hell you people are talking about, i went atleast 10 times there on servers with 50 people no problems at all.

... so basically 2 hours just to go to stary to die by some retard camping INSIDE one of the tents for all eternity.

This reminds me of when my group was once looting Stary Sobor. We had the town on lockdown, so we had everything covered. We saw a survivor crawling around. He kept popping up and disappearing behind buildings. And so we patiently waited for him to expose himself. We waited and waited... and then we realized it took so long because the guy was CRAWLING everywhere! We then spotted him heading towards the tents, so we all went on hold, including two of our guys in the tents. It took the survivor forever, we must've waited for another 5 minutes, but finally the survivor crawled in front of one of the tents that was occupied by one of our guys. The survivor got taken care of, he never had a chance. I remember feeling bad for the guy, he crawled for ages and all for nothing.

Thanks to the sniper who sniped me while I was sniping people at the tents.. I was up in that building overlooking the tents and got shot from behind.. I almost think they spawned inside and killed me..

On the catwalk in the rusty warehouse?

Literally on a cat walk with no cover?

You can see straight through that building, you could've been shot from anywhere.