Sorrowkat

Please fix gardening and weather

Realism and fun 2 main reasons people are drawn to your game I understand that rain is a danger and the stop n start again rain trap is realistic...but 3 times in a row and rain fer over an hour in real life isn't very realistic or fun..it causes people to leave and go play something else...I also understand that food should be tricky but the takes an hour to grow with fertalizer is a bit much you can starve trying to grow food and that long of wait falls into the rain catagory of I'll play something else while I wait only to come back to a garden that produced and died and ends in loseing supplies and gaining nothing at all....that's not a fun or realistic surprise...now that gardener has no seeds and just a empty garden plot..please don't wreck this game...as a ps4 player I don't have the option to try b4 you do stuff.....thanks for your time and efforts..

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sorrowkat said:

3 times in a row and rain fer over an hour in real life isn't very realistic 

Never been to England then?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Sorrowkat said:

3 times in a row and rain fer over an hour in real life isn't very realistic

Never been to Vancouver then?!

• Like 1

considering most of the world an hour of rain is not uncommon (i don't know where you live?) it is a real possibility to have it happen in game

also i don't think you have ever gardened in real life.  it takes months, so waiting an hour is nothing.   and if your that bad for food, go find mushrooms or an animal

Just now, dsue1962 said:

Garden has major issues after last update. Please fix

Helpful...and? 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Helpful...and? 

the garden plots are floating over the ground - u can crawl under them.

having longer growtimes is a good change. 5 minutes from seed to harvest was a bit too much.

Edited by etwas
  • Thanks 1

Growing your food isn't an efficient way to get food, however getting food now is pretty easy, they actually buff food in the coast if i remember correctly in 1.12. But if you don't get canned food, there are usually chickens around towns/cities. If you are rly unlucky you can also fish, usually there are dead bodies in the coast to get bones from, and rope is crafted with rags. If all else fails kill infecteds with one shot sneak attacks. After the coast just hunt some animals. 

Also if it rains and you get wet and cold just lit a fire and dry your clothes. 

On 4/21/2021 at 8:39 PM, Sorrowkat said:

... 3 times in a row and rain fer over an hour in real life isn't very realistic or fun.

Ever been to The Netherlands? Or Czech Republic (depending on the season)? 😉

How long it takes for the food to grow is not the issue because in real life it takes months....

The issue I have with the new update is that the food despawns.

I also have an issue with me gathering all those supplies building a fireplace and then it despawns.

• Thanks 1