Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.12

With this update we are no longer able to know which mod is giving an error on the server.

Bohemia, are you crazy? Why is it impossible to kill zombies at all?!!!

Game now just unplayable...

You kill the game more and more every day ...

Edited by Nytlenc-dc17ef1128156271
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Nytlenc-dc17ef1128156271 said:

Noob detected 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Boroda Thug said:

Noob detected 

Joke all you want for attention, but the dude has a point, Zombies are now a time consuming grind making the game a bore to play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guy, I am running a private dedicated server, with Expansion.ChernarusPlusGloom. I am in no way running or own Livonia, however since this recent update my server is kicking all client with a missing mod message and that mod is the LIVONIA DLC.

Which again in not running on my server.

11 hours ago, Surfjayce said:

Joke all you want for attention, but the dude has a point, Zombies are now a time consuming grind making the game a bore to play

a consuming grind and makes the game a bore to play? what you talking about fool. if you want a hack and slash fest then play dynasty warriors lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

When 60 FPS for ps5???

No official date yet.

18 hours ago, TheRealTwoeyedshooter said:

What’s the night of witches about? 

You can check this link. For the actual game event - you will need to wait. 😉 

16 hours ago, eiri2021 said:

With this update we are no longer able to know which mod is giving an error on the server.

We are currently looking into some issues with mods. 

16 hours ago, Nytlenc-dc17ef1128156271 said:

I think some players might have issues now but some might enjoy it more. We will be monitoring the situation and tweak it if needed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, Kyiara said:

No official date yet.

You can check this link. For the actual game event - you will need to wait. 😉 

We are currently looking into some issues with mods. 

I think some players might have issues now but some might enjoy it more. We will be monitoring the situation and tweak it if needed.

Any ETA for fixes for the rampant duping exploits on consoles? 

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:

I like them tough - anyone who has read my posts in the past knows I want the zeds to be a proper challenge - but making them tank heavy attacks to their head by the heaviest melee weapons available in the game is NOT  the right way to go. With the way they attack faster and are no longer stun locked by repeated attacks, I think it would be safe to allow the heavier melee weapons to be more efficient. Also increase the numbers of infected just a wee bit, about 50-100% more would make things a lot more interesting without melting servers.

As was pointed out earlier, heavy fist attack is now equal to a regular axe attack... These numbers simply don't make any sense.

I also miss being able to do a sprinting attack with a big two-hander and just see them fall to the ground without so much as a grunt, that was soooo satisfying!

Edit: I located the damage reduction to zombie heads and adjusted my old headshot tweak mod to remove it. So a strong melee attack with decent melee weapons will again knock out an infected. They will still tank multiple normal swings depending on how well you hit them. Feels much much better and natural - and with multiple zeds after you it quickly becomes dangerous anyway. I'll keep an eye on possible hotfixes and tweaks from the devs, but for now the mod does the job.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

Honestly I really like the patch, this is going in the right direction 🙂 The heavy melee weapons should get a tweak though as many suggested. But what I really would love to see is unarmed melee making no damage at all to zeds but give you only some space to escape by pushing them back or down to the ground.

The stealth and aggro mechanics ( zed sences) are a lot better now ! To see infected loosing interest and wandering off was amazing when tested !!

The icing on the cake would be a small chance of getting a really bad infection if getting to close to the infected. Oh and some more infected are always welcome xD. 

As far as it goes for nutrition and hydration, I also like the changes made in the last two patches, it is still a bit hillarious to have to eat constantly but well I personally can live with the way it is right now. The hydration though, still makes no sense...there is still no need to drink water at all as long as  you are eating constantly....please lower the amount of hydration from eating fruits and stuff, this will looking for fresg water more important again!

I really hope this patch stands for the direction you are going now but I fear the majority of casual and PVP gameplay orientated players will not like it...

cheers

PS:  fighting zeds using melee should be mainly a last way out  or a stealth option , or maybe to kill a single stray otherwise it should ring the dinner bell as it should do pew pew

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I usually check watch towers for loot at NWAF. There was always something in every tower. After the update, I hit about ten towers and there was nothing in them. Is this intended? Are towers no longer going to have loot, or is it just more scarce?

I like the idea to make zombies harder to kill but the idea of that they can attack you when you attacking them is absurdly stupid... I am player who play only vanilla dayz and fighting with news zombies is uber frustrating. You hit them and thye hit you every fuckin time, you bleed, they destroy your clothes Jesus...

Please give us option to stun lock them like it was before. I dont care about more zombie health, just make them stagger when they got hit by any weapon...

Also please add mechanic "Go behind zombie > press F on zombie > there is animation when your character grab zombie and kill it silently". I know there is now option to one shot zombie from behind but its not fluid and feels clunky

Edited by ZBA
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

a consuming grind and makes the game a bore to play? what you talking about fool. if you want a hack and slash fest then play dynasty warriors lol

your comments are idiotic, it was clearly not a hack n slash in its previous state before this update, you just wanna jump on anyone with a negative opinion about the update

• Thanks 1

Since the last update on my xbox one console, I can hardly grow and keep the garden going. Some plots I plant, after a few minutes says nothing is there, or they grow and then rotten before my very eyes. Then next day I log in no garden at all! This is miserable as heck! Anyone else having this problem?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

The hydration though, still makes no sense...there is still no need to drink water at all as long as  you are eating constantly....please lower the amount of hydration from eating fruits and stuff, this will looking for fresg water more important again!

In fairness, you do actually get most of your hydration needs from the food you eat. Most of our foods contain a lot of liquid that hydrates our bodies.

But aside from that, yes, the constantly eating thing is absurd to say the least. My toon can put away some amount of nosh. In fact, with the sheer amount of stuffing that goes on every toon should be waddling around like Jabba the Hutt.

• Thanks 1

@Kyiara

Was there anything done to the backend of the game that would be more processor hungry? Since 1.12 my PC's fans have been whirring like crazy when I'm playing. They haven't done that before.

Infected combat changes are amazing. People are bitter because they just want to mash M1 to kill them. There are other games like Minecraft Easy Mode where they can do that. Now you gotta actually time your shots and block, be stealthy, or use a gun for increased lethality (especially against multiple infected). The M1 mashers will end up back on the coast where they belong, which means more military weapons for me up North. Win Win.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

In fairness, you do actually get most of your hydration needs from the food you eat. Most of our foods contain a lot of liquid that hydrates our bodies.

But aside from that, yes, the constantly eating thing is absurd to say the least. My toon can put away some amount of nosh. In fact, with the sheer amount of stuffing that goes on every toon should be waddling around like Jabba the Hutt.

That's right but if we are talking gameplay/survival mechanics then it should be clear that staying hydrated by constantly eating fruits and vegetables completely counters the thirst/hydration gameplay loop.This includes not only the need of water but also the need of finding purification tabs, canteens or plastic bottles.....so if we keep the hydration amount of food for the sake of realism but also want a proper ballance between hunger and thirst mechanics, we have to make sure the hydration level goes down a bit faster than now. I am playing now for about 9 hours with my current char and all I had on liquids was 2 or 3 cans of Kvass and Spite, seeing my thirst level never leaving the white icon.

You can tell what was changed with the user interface system, we did not find information in the patch note, but our modification suffered a lot because of this in 1.12. What changes have you made to the engine.

11 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Infected combat changes are amazing. People are bitter because they just want to mash M1 to kill them. There are other games like Minecraft Easy Mode where they can do that. Now you gotta actually time your shots and block, be stealthy, or use a gun for increased lethality (especially against multiple infected). The M1 mashers will end up back on the coast where they belong, which means more military weapons for me up North. Win Win.

People are bitter because a regular axe attack does the same damage as power attack with fists.... freaking FISTS (unless it got changed since 1.12 release).

You can't even block attacks from zeds reliably, half the time they do power attacks which still go through your block, making it worthless. The only good solution is running away for a bit, but that won't get you far since one heavy punch costs like quarter of your stamina or more.
Bleeding can still be insane from zeds, which I don't get why is it even possible in the first place since players can't make players bleed with fists. 

Remove bleeding from zeds, make blocking actually worthwhile, make zed attacks do more damage, buff the large melee weapons at least and nerf the fists a bit. Also nerf their aggro, they get pissed off way too easily now.
I'm not asking for 1.11 damage values, I'm asking for a buff, so that an AXE could at least takeout a zed in 2 nice hits, Hatchet should be 3, the rest is maybe fine, idk. I would make changes to stamina use from power attacks, big heavy weapons = more stamina use. Same could apply to guns, holding breath with big heavy weapons = more stamina use.

Axe power attack should put zeds to very low hp, but not kill them, but that's fine, because they get staggered from power attacks. Regular attacks shouldn't cancel zed attacks at all. You should either do: power attack, normal attack, block or run. Not do normal attacks while simultaneously canceling their attacks.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

That's right but if we are talking gameplay/survival mechanics then it should be clear that staying hydrated by constantly eating fruits and vegetables completely counters the thirst/hydration gameplay loop.This includes not only the need of water but also the need of finding purification tabs, canteens or plastic bottles.....so if we keep the hydration amount of food for the sake of realism but also want a proper ballance between hunger and thirst mechanics, we have to make sure the hydration level goes down a bit faster than now. I am playing now for about 9 hours with my current char and all I had on liquids was 2 or 3 cans of Kvass and Spite, seeing my thirst level never leaving the white icon.

I would rather say that mushrooms and fruits should not give you as much hydration, if you want to change something. There was a time where you could survive on those alone because they spawned fast and kept you both fed and hydrated. However; now they are quite rare because you have to be on a location for considerable amount of time, they rot away and they may hydrate you ok but do not feed you. 

Because honestly, the speed at which you become thirsty and hungry  again it just stupid at the moment. You spawn in and immediately go to being thirsty and hungry. Heat is completely off balance, all you need is one layer that is not best insulation and you're constantly cold no matter what you do, in turn your food goes down rapidly. 

On the other hand, how many bottles of water a day do you need to drink to avoid being thirsty? Drinking 4-5 cans of liquid is definitely more than enough to keep you hydrated. It's actually quite weird that you can drink 4-5 cans one after another and your thirst meter is like ... yeah maybe I can go up now. 

3 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

On the other hand, how many bottles of water a day do you need to drink to avoid being thirsty? Drinking 4-5 cans of liquid is definitely more than enough to keep you hydrated. It's actually quite weird that you can drink 4-5 cans one after another and your thirst meter is like ... yeah maybe I can go up now. 

So good change would be to limit max hydration, and make it go down a bit quicker? This would make us have to space it out a bit more instead of just chugging an entire canteen and being alright for a few hours of playtime.

I never have food or thirst issues when I'm inland and I feel like it's way too easy to stay alive inland, so any change that makes inland survival harder (food/water, not cold) is good for me.

• Sad 1