Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.12

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Agreed, I still don't get why zeds can so easily see me during pitch black night time, the time where visibility is non existant should be the ideal time to go looting. Zeds are humans after all, so why do they get Superman vision?

I'm not sure if this is the case?

Last night I was wandering around a large military base and night fell. I ran into a barrack and I was nearly face to face with a zed and he didn't react. I was squatting though. He still got a bullet in the face.

hello, I give you my opinion about this update and I find that your update should change especially for the pvp it is possible to play well, you take a ball and you can not move it is impossible. (it's not just me who thinks the same thing a great deal. cordially

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I'm not sure if this is the case?

Last night I was wandering around a large military base and night fell. I ran into a barrack and I was nearly face to face with a zed and he didn't react. I was squatting though. He still got a bullet in the face.

Their perception is definitely affected by weather - in storms you can move with much less care around them, but I don't think light affects them at all, or if it does not enough. They can definitely see me long before I can see them, regardless of what light source I use. Walking around with a torch in a town I hear the familiar "heeuh?!?" long before I see them come running at me out of the dark. And that happens even if I'm not using a light source...

Edited by Derleth

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

And that happens even if I'm not using a light source...

Yeah, this exactly. I'm literally moving in the dark, not even seeing my own feet because it's so dark on vanilla (talking about proper dark nights), yet zeds manage to aggro onto me. Yes, crouching helps... but come on... am I really required to crouch to not be seen by Superman vision zeds during the night? Just defeats the purpose of night time which should restrict vision of players (which it does very well on dark night servers) so it should do the same to zeds.

Nights should be perfect for quickly dipping in and out of towns without causing too much trouble, if any. If I'm blind during night time, so should zeds be.

I wouldn't mind if they would follow my footsteps a bit, but to aggro them fully is a bit questionable since they shouldn't be able to see where I am, therefore they shouldn't be able to aggro onto me. Ideally lights should aggro them/ players that are near light.

If it does get implemented, they should aggro onto you if they see you, but as soon as you turn off the light (or you go away from the light) they should stop going full aggro if it's dark, and start listening for footsteps and just follow them slowly till you manage to run away.

TLDR: character is in dark = no aggro, they should be as blind as players during the night, lights = aggro, player turns off said light, no longer aggro (aggroing to last known position).

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 2

Mod suggestion: to add an mg attachment on the hatch in the military truck. So it is easier to defend and you can climb into the hatch and shoot out as being inside the truck is defenceless to attackers as they can go up front and cut you off. Would make the truck more useful in road blockades and robberies. It could be either very rare or expensive though as it would be overpowered. The weapon could also have a lot of muzzle flash and could be extremely loud to make it more balanced as players will come and try to oppose to gain the weapon for themselves 

Edited by atomic-cement69

Feel like zeds need their response to gunshots more like v1.11. I'm noticing now you can fire say a mosin or tundra, and it only draws very nearby zeds. You can actually watch zeds within sight range initially respond to the sound but after a few steps just stop and loose interest. I know they want to make it so you can give zeds the slip, but a loud unsilenced round should draw them all to the source of that noise. 

• Like 1

This recent update's definitely made it harder with the zeds which isn't a bad thing - I feel like they're never carrying anything though now?

Sickness needs to be nerfed though, literally makes the game just a constant search for pills... 

20 minutes ago, al_1 said:

This recent update's definitely made it harder with the zeds which isn't a bad thing - I feel like they're never carrying anything though now?

Sickness needs to be nerfed though, literally makes the game just a constant search for pills... 

Full stats (food, water, blood and health) and you will get through any sickness - maxed immune system (maybe except for food poisoning from drinking gasoline and eating burnt food, you can even eat raw food and drink from ponds if you have max immune system).

Pills seem to have been nerfed, and they are now only an added bonus to your immune system, instead of being a 100% cure like it used to be.

On 4/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, Nytlenc-dc17ef1128156271 said:

Bohemia, are you crazy? Why is it impossible to kill zombies at all?!!!

Game now just unplayable...

You kill the game more and more every day ...                                                    Bohemia fix the fucking game it's been long enough feels like you released the broken game of all time happy to have taken everyone's money and now left us with a broken ass game refund everyone take it off console platforms till you all can actually make a working game!! Had enough of daily bugs can't even log onto my own console servers anymore because of bugs takes piss cars fly like planes can't even hit zombies without taking cuts anymore and rendering is dreadful instead of releasing shitty Easter eggs and bonfires making it worst fox what's already there jeez development team is the worst and moving onto other games is damn right rude seeming you're happy to have released the game for money! Sort it out had long enough now!

On 4/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, Surfjayce said:

Joke all you want for attention, but the dude has a point, Zombies are now a time consuming grind making the game a bore to play

I stopped playing, not only for that reason, unfortunately, I think that if they wanted to keep me in the game they would have to update the game every week.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:21 AM, Kyiara said:

No official date yet.

You can check this link. For the actual game event - you will need to wait. 😉 

We are currently looking into some issues with mods. 

I think some players might have issues now but some might enjoy it more. We will be monitoring the situation and tweak it if needed.

bohemia, if I wanted to play scum I would buy that shit, I didn't want one game imitating the other, you do whatever you want and I'm going to leave this game, there are always some "fan boys" players who will always agree with you want a more challenge put more zombies, there are LOT of places that don't have zombies, forests etc, there are mods that fix this, my pc sucks I play at 30 fps and this mod with more infected everywhere doesn't make any difference the same shit, so fuck it, you do this shit job because you want to..

On 4/22/2021 at 2:33 PM, DefectiveWater said:

So good change would be to limit max hydration, and make it go down a bit quicker? This would make us have to space it out a bit more instead of just chugging an entire canteen and being alright for a few hours of playtime.

I never have food or thirst issues when I'm inland and I feel like it's way too easy to stay alive inland, so any change that makes inland survival harder (food/water, not cold) is good for me.

I noticed when playing 0.62 that overheating was a real problem when carrying lots of stuff and running a lot - and it made hydration drop like a stone. Currently I don't think heat affects hydration loss in the few cases you manage to get hot (the tunnel vision focus on constantly freezing our butts off kinda stops this from happening...). Anyone who has done military service or a bit of hiking in cold weather knows that even when it is freezing outside, the combination of warm clothing + physical exertion will make you very warm and thirsty. Sprinting greatly increases energy drain in DayZ, but doesn't affect hydration at all. That is just wrong and needs to be fixed.

The whole stamina system could do with a major overhaul to be honest. The system 0.62 used instead of stamina was actually superior to how stamina is implemented in current DayZ, even though you could sprint non stop in 0.62. Sprinting was slower to begin with, carrying a weapon in your hands slowed you down even more and you were slowed down when running uphill (although not in a good way, could be done better). Even jogging made you winded when carrying a lot of gear, and catching your breath after getting winded took longer - and weapon sway was violent during that time. To be perfectly honest, current DayZ's stamina is pretty crap by comparison. Sprinting is absurdly fast and you can hold breath and lay down accurate fire instantly even after a long rush. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

even more and you were slowed down when running uphill (although not in a good way, could be done better)

Oh god, I remember this, it was not fun at all, but current system looks dumb when somebody just sprints up a hill with no issues, needs to have some sliding down mechanics when it's too steep, and probably some more things.

I agree with a lot of things you said and I too think there needs to be a stamina overhaul, ideally movement overhaul too (inertia, weight, running acceleration)

Regarding jogging/sprinting using stamina, I would make jogging drain stamina only to a certain point, like 25% of your stamina, or less. Otherwise long distance travel would be a pain in the ass.
So for example, you have 100% stamina, you start jogging, it's draining your stamina slowly and stops at 75%. Now you get additional gun sway, but your stamina won't drop more than that while jogging.

It could have a linear scale where 100-0% stamina have 0 to X amount of additional sway depending on your missing stamina, so jogging only you would get to 75% stamina, which would give you some additional sway, but not too much (hold breath should still be as is, no additional sway).

We should be able to sprint when we are out of stamina with severe gun sway and a longer stamina regen delay, and a slight reduction to movement speed since you are exhausted (kinda like stamina overuse, good for long distance travel, bad for gunfights), AND with body heat increase that causes more dehydration.

Edited by DefectiveWater

14 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Oh god, I remember this, it was not fun at all, but current system looks dumb when somebody just sprints up a hill with no issues, needs to have some sliding down mechanics when it's too steep, and probably some more things.

I agree with a lot of things you said and I too think there needs to be a stamina overhaul, ideally movement overhaul too (inertia, weight, running acceleration)

Regarding jogging/sprinting using stamina, I would make jogging drain stamina only to a certain point, like 25% of your stamina, or less. Otherwise long distance travel would be a pain in the ass.
So for example, you have 100% stamina, you start jogging, it's draining your stamina slowly and stops at 75%. Now you get additional gun sway, but your stamina won't drop more than that while jogging.

It could have a linear scale where 100-0% stamina have 0 to X amount of additional sway depending on your missing stamina, so jogging only you would get to 75% stamina, which would give you some additional sway, but not too much (hold breath should still be as is, no additional sway).

We should be able to sprint when we are out of stamina with severe gun sway and a longer stamina regen delay, and a slight reduction to movement speed since you are exhausted (kinda like stamina overuse, good for long distance travel, bad for gunfights), AND with body heat increase that causes more dehydration.

Yeah. I don't think jogging needs to tap into stamina at all - except when running uphill perhaps - but it definitely should make you warmer than it does now, and some kind of fatigue over time depending on weight carried, that affects weapon sway until you have caught your breath.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Derleth said:

Yeah. I don't think jogging needs to tap into stamina at all - except when running uphill perhaps - but it definitely should make you warmer than it does now, and some kind of fatigue over time depending on weight carried, that affects weapon sway until you have caught your breath.

I still wonder if we could get a proper walking speed and thus not jog all the time. Use stamina for sprinting and heavy actions. 

8 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

I still wonder if we could get a proper walking speed and thus not jog all the time. Use stamina for sprinting and heavy actions. 

TBH, tarkov-like system where you can choose like 10 steps of speed increments would be cool for going just the right walking speed. Fast/slow walking would be possible with that implementation.

Player in image below is moving (jogging, just holding W) at approx 75-80% movement speed. You can slide that arrow up/down one by one, and each being slower and quieter or vice versa.
(the dotted thingy just above the green line, left is very very slow, right is fast)

But.... IDK how overcrowded the controls are on controllers, so this might be too much.

Or at least holding a walk button WHILE crouching should be even slower and much quieter, good for sneaking up on people.

1.jpg.85304f74aa9de1d1901353b253d6d50a.jpg

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 2

are the fish trap's going to be reintroduced in upcoming patches? and if so will they be able to be used in both fresh and salt water or just salt?

3 hours ago, desolate-master said:

are the fish trap's going to be reintroduced in upcoming patches? and if so will they be able to be used in both fresh and salt water or just salt?

All traps and hunting mechanics should get some attention by now. Gives more or even some more food options to players. Plus more mechanics which is always a good thing 🙂

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

This new update y'all did with infected was cool as far as stealth but funwise me vs Infected because I miss my "wait for the zombie to charge finishing move" with my pickaxe....lol

I see what y'all were trying to do making them take more hits, but my advice is you didn't make the zombies harder you made them more annoying & time consuming.

If you really want to make the infected a threat, (I know the players are going to be mad at me for saying this but) Make it to where if they scratch you enough times they can infect you and you have to take pills or you'll be sick....That's how you make people fear the zombies.

There is really nothing else for me because I love the fairness of the game....It's simple you survive or die ha ha I just hate the Physic wolves, makes me not want to adventure knowing they know exactly where I'm at! 

I also hate that Fireplaces despawn & most of all the new garden update....I don't care about the growth time but I hate the garden despawns also....

Edited by Raphael_RJ2
Learning how to work this website, took things out to make my own post instead of replying in someone's post

On 4/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, DefectiveWater said:

Yeah, this exactly. I'm literally moving in the dark, not even seeing my own feet because it's so dark on vanilla (talking about proper dark nights), yet zeds manage to aggro onto me. Yes, crouching helps... but come on... am I really required to crouch to not be seen by Superman vision zeds during the night? Just defeats the purpose of night time which should restrict vision of players (which it does very well on dark night servers) so it should do the same to zeds.

Nights should be perfect for quickly dipping in and out of towns without causing too much trouble, if any. If I'm blind during night time, so should zeds be.

I wouldn't mind if they would follow my footsteps a bit, but to aggro them fully is a bit questionable since they shouldn't be able to see where I am, therefore they shouldn't be able to aggro onto me. Ideally lights should aggro them/ players that are near light.

If it does get implemented, they should aggro onto you if they see you, but as soon as you turn off the light (or you go away from the light) they should stop going full aggro if it's dark, and start listening for footsteps and just follow them slowly till you manage to run away.

TLDR: character is in dark = no aggro, they should be as blind as players during the night, lights = aggro, player turns off said light, no longer aggro (aggroing to last known position).

I Agree! If we can't see at night, the Zeds shouldn't be able to see as well unless they see a light source! Lets be real, when it's night time I see people logging off because of this sometimes! I love how this game is fair, but things like this kill it for me! I pray they fix that because I'd love to play at night!

I remember my first time playing this game before I got good & understood the game mechanics being Thirsty/hungry was a death sentence lmao

Being that said, In real life I Fast for days with no food, So What if you patched it to where if you are Hungry / Thirsty you don't die when your health reaches zero, you walk like a Zed because your overall staniman is down, Pass out ect ect but after a few game days you then die?

1 hour ago, Raphael_RJ2 said:

1.Wolves aggroing from miles away right to the players and not attacking the Infected during their psychic journey to me (vice versa the infected don't attack them also lol)

Example: I was literally laying down on top of a building looking through the scope, watching wolves come right to me from miles away from a direction I've never been in & It kind of killed the immersion for me....This happened me than once! I mean, Even if it's something in the coding that you can't fix, at least them fighting the zombies also and not just me would add to the immersion & interesting game play!

Wolves and Zombies fighting each other used to be a thing but was disabled in 1.06 without mention in the patch notes. Devs have never stated why this was done, but I suspect that it was partly to improve server performance and partly because of the wonky collision physics with AI. AI collliding with each other will occasionally send one or both fly high up in the air. Looks absolutely ridiculous, and it happened more when wolves and zombies would fight one another. Now you still see it when zeds chase cattle around, or when you have a horde outside a house trying to get to a player inside. I hope wolves vs zeds is re-enabled once they have the physics issues ironed out.

2.This new update y'all did with infected was cool as far as stealth but funwise me vs Infected because I miss my "wait for the zombie to charge finishing move" with my pickaxe....lol

I see what y'all were trying to do making them take more hits, but my advice is you didn't make the zombies harder you made them more annoying & time consuming.

If you really want to make the infected a threat, (I know the players are going to be mad at me for saying this but) Make it to where if they scratch you enough times they can infect you and you have to take pills or you'll be sick....That's how you make people fear the zombies.

Agreed. Tanky zeds is not fun, it just gets annoying. There needs to be more of them, and a little more danger from their attacks. In legacy you'd get infected wounds, but this has not been functional since 0.62, I have no idea why such a simple thing is still not back in the game. It has been in the Medical Attention mod for ages, along with zombie scratches also causing a variant of Salmonella (dubbed "Zombienella" by players).

In addition to Medical Attention I run a tiny mod that reduces the damage reduction of melee damage to zombies' head hitbox just enough so that a heavy splitting/fire axe or pickaxe attack will again down them with one hit. This, along with a 2-5x increase of zombie population, makes zeds a very real but also interesting threat.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:04 PM, Derleth said:

Wolves and Zombies fighting each other used to be a thing but was disabled in 1.06 without mention in the patch notes. Devs have never stated why this was done, but I suspect that it was partly to improve server performance and partly because of the wonky collision physics with AI.

Oh? Damn ... I loved those infights. 

On 5/27/2021 at 11:17 AM, Raphael_RJ2 said:

I remember my first time playing this game before I got good & understood the game mechanics being Thirsty/hungry was a death sentence lmao

Being that said, In real life I Fast for days with no food, So What if you patched it to where if you are Hungry / Thirsty you don't die when your health reaches zero, you walk like a Zed because your overall staniman is down, Pass out ect ect but after a few game days you then die?

This would be quiet simple...they would have just to extend the time of "dying from starvation or dehydration" .You would suffer all the things like colour loss, low stamina and passing out but would have at least a longer time to maybe survive. This has been suggested over and over again like so many other things...but since the devs do not show up here anymore for years, there is no real disussion about what the community and the playerbase really do want.