Sign in to follow this  
EzyStriderPS4

Improve and Simplify Console Free-Look

Please, switch the zoom controls with 1pp/3pp controls. What I propose would allow the player to free-look by holding L1/RB and simultaneously zoom in and out by pressing R3 once, instead of double pressing the free-look button—again.  On PC, this mechanism is achieved with exceptional fluidity.

In conclusion, this easy-to-implement change will simplify and vastly improve controller handling for console players.

Please consider this change, @ImpulZ.  

To all: Thank you for your time if you have read this.

• Beans 2

Good luck with this one,  I suggested it back when the game first came out on Xbox. The controls a woefully bad for Console DayZ, pretty insane that you cant free look & then zoom in & out with a separate button. also the controller options, such as sensitivity are very lacking. Without separate sense sliders for different scope zoom levels, once zoomed in aiming is painfully slow, even with Sensitivity turned to max. Also I don't think there's even a decent M&K key bind change option or mouse sensitivity slider yet. Pretty shameful, love this game & respect the Dev team a lot but theyve really shit the bed with how long this hasn't had an overhaul

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it would be great if we could map our own controls, and get better sensitivity, acceleration, and dead zone adjustments, @TheYetiBum. But that’s too much to ask. This request seems highly reasonable and couldn’t be hard to change.....