MaxxMadness

Add money- banknotes to DayZ (PS4)

On 8/20/2022 at 8:36 AM, Girth Brooks said:

Lmao no mods or admins in this forum. They bailed ages ago

No.  They are still around.  Both of them.  It's just that they don't really do anything here.  The devs have full time jobs and moderating these forums isn't it.   Which is fine, of course.  You'd think, as a business entity, they could provide some sort of perk, that doesn't cost them anything, in order to have volunteers moderate their forums, or even administrate official servers, but no.    Maybe an in-game skin just for official volunteer help.   Maybe some sort of endorsement of streamers.  Throw out some T-shirts.   Maybe they should hire a non-fictional brand manager.   It's really amazing how much the company wants itself to fail.

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

No.  They are still around.  Both of them.  It's just that they don't really do anything here.  The devs have full time jobs and moderating these forums isn't it.   Which is fine, of course.  You'd think, as a business entity, they could provide some sort of perk, that doesn't cost them anything, in order to have volunteers moderate their forums, or even administrate official servers, but no.    Maybe an in-game skin just for official volunteer help.   Maybe some sort of endorsement of streamers.  Throw out some T-shirts.   Maybe they should hire a non-fictional brand manager.   It's really amazing how much the company wants itself to fail.

Careful Parazite.  You will quickly find yourself in DayZ Jail as I have several times here for stating any truth (ie CRITICISM) of the establishment here. 

• Thanks 1

I figured people would be pissed off at the fact there are no vehicles still in this game. I mean, 7 months should be enough right? Since it was teased in Feb of 2022 and its almost September. 

Bohemia suit #1: "Nah fam, we'll release it to a paid tech demo that no one plays anymore and modders have basically already abandoned."

Bohemia suit #2 "It's cool, they'll be too salty about getting killed to worry about all the missing features, not that I have any idea what is going on, since I'm so far removed from the dev process and only S the Dees of the stakeholders. Why would we give reach arounds to the people who actually paid for this lmao??!!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea. It’s not slander if it’s true, right?  There’s constant spam and garbage FOR WEEKS but no one to filter it. 

They know that these forums are a dumpster fire, despite the main page being the ‘official’ source of information. The main page is all community content!  Wtf!  Their official information is community content.  That is absolutely mental. 

I call a spade, a spade. 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Yea. It’s not slander if it’s true, right?  There’s constant spam and garbage FOR WEEKS but no one to filter it. 

They know that these forums are a dumpster fire, despite the main page being the ‘official’ source of information. The main page is all community content!  Wtf!  Their official information is community content.  That is absolutely mental. 

I call a spade, a spade. 

They can't get to all the spam messages because they are too busy silencing dissenters and those not drinking the BI Koolaid.  I was in BI Jail for quite awhile, and it wasn't the first time either.  They do not like me calling them out on the vehicle debacle they created.  At first, I wasn't going to post, but I messaged Impulse about a vehicle that turned out to be bogus and he "graciously" allowed me to post again.  The rules on this forum are the worst joke ever, almost as bad as the acting in their Reforger launch video.  God, that was embarrasing.  Literally, our local podunk theater group could have done a better job.  So the forum is cluttered with people name calling and spam, and I get put in jail for reminding BI at every turn how shitty their car physics are and the fact that server exploit STILL exists in the game.  Some servers are still getting shit on via this stupidly simple exploit.  Nice going guys.   It makes so much sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

They can't get to all the spam messages because they are too busy silencing dissenters and those not drinking the BI Koolaid.  I was in BI Jail for quite awhile, and it wasn't the first time either.  They do not like me calling them out on the vehicle debacle they created.  At first, I wasn't going to post, but I messaged Impulse about a vehicle that turned out to be bogus and he "graciously" allowed me to post again.  The rules on this forum are the worst joke ever, almost as bad as the acting in their Reforger launch video.  God, that was embarrasing.  Literally, our local podunk theater group could have done a better job.  So the forum is cluttered with people name calling and spam, and I get put in jail for reminding BI at every turn how shitty their car physics are and the fact that server exploit STILL exists in the game.  Some servers are still getting shit on via this stupidly simple exploit.  Nice going guys.   It makes so much sense.

yea I've just heard that the devs might not be releasing this vehicle stability fix they have been talking about since 1.18 pretty crap if they don't have it done by the time 1.19 is scheduled. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

yea I've just heard that the devs might not be releasing this vehicle stability fix they have been talking about since 1.18 pretty crap if they don't have it done by the time 1.19 is scheduled. 

Oh? Could you provide a link to where you heard this, please?

On 8/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, Girth Brooks said:

Wow.... then why are there spam messages left for days on end then... weird..

Hi, If you see any, please, report them. We also have a working filter for past few weeks but extra work is still needed.
THX

10 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Hi, If you see any, please, report them. We also have a working filter for past few weeks but extra work is still needed.
THX

Is this working filter a human being or are we pretending that you have some code to do the job?  Please share that technology with the rest of the world.  Why not entice a single volunteer to do the job?

On 8/23/2022 at 4:28 AM, rackinglad27 said:

(link to video)

Okay, I watched the video.   Go ahead and watch it again.  All they say is that they're working on problems, and that it's difficult.  Regarding vehicle physics, they simply state that they're working on these same band-aid fixes and not actually dealing with the root problem.  They said they're tweaking the suspension.  lol.   They're never going to fix cars. 

Also, it seems like those two nerds don't actually work on the critical parts of these fixes.  They also make the excuse that devs go on vacation during the summer instead of realizing that this is a business organization who should be able to plan for such things.   If I told my CEO that profits are down because people go on vacation then the management would be replaced, rightfully.  It was 10 minutes of not answering any relevant questions, IMO.   Nothing was said about 1.19.  Only "devs are working on stuff".  Just another random youtube video trying to make noise and not really say anything.

Is this working filter a human being or are we pretending that you have some code to do the job?  Please share that technology with the rest of the world.  Why not entice a single volunteer to do the job?

Sorry, I wont go into details as that would just help people to go around it ;).
All I can say is that we are not looking for volunteers anymore due to particular reasons. Which you will get to know when the time comes.

Btw... people need vacation and for devs, it really doesn´t matter If more of them leave during summer or any other time, they are always missed in a way because the development continues regardless. The business is doing just fine even when letting people rest a bit.
They can´t really give better answers, not until the update is actually out. 

Okay, I watched the video.   Go ahead and watch it again.  All they say is that they're working on problems, and that it's difficult.  Regarding vehicle physics, they simply state that they're working on these same band-aid fixes and not actually dealing with the root problem.  They said they're tweaking the suspension.  lol.   They're never going to fix cars. 

Also, it seems like those two nerds don't actually work on the critical parts of these fixes.  They also make the excuse that devs go on vacation during the summer instead of realizing that this is a business organization who should be able to plan for such things.   If I told my CEO that profits are down because people go on vacation then the management would be replaced, rightfully.  It was 10 minutes of not answering any relevant questions, IMO.   Nothing was said about 1.19.  Only "devs are working on stuff".  Just another random youtube video trying to make noise and not really say anything.

I have to agree with Parazight here.  But my argument is that if you can't make your game secure with the most BASIC of security checks (ie make sure a client and ONLY a client can connect to your server), then how in the world are we to expect you to fix complex physics and calculations involved in such.  I mean we have gone BEYOND meme status, joke status at this point.

All of this speculation come from Bi going silent since going Beta.  They have essentially stopped communicating with their fans and now only do these livestreams that few people even know about.  Again, I point out Hello Games as the defacto ultimate example of what EVERY game company should strive for, ESPECIALLY when your product turns into a shit sandwich.  After a stupendously horrible launch with No Man's Sky, they not only delivered on their early promises, they are OVER DELIVERING.  They had a shit sandwich and now it's the finest piece of Wagyu steak for gamers to enjoy.  BI has yet to hold a candle to them.  All we get are cryptic responses from DayZ community people and non-announcement announcements from the devs.

Look, I want DayZ to be amazing, I want it to succeed, but if I want in one hand and crap in the other, all I'm left with is a gooey shit-covered hand.  Only BI can fix this debacle.  They haven't done it since 2014, I'm hoping they will at least offer us a towel to wipe this mess off.  Until then, we get to enjoy the stink excreted for us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Btw... people need vacation and for devs, it really doesn´t matter If more of them leave during summer or any other time, they are always missed in a way because the development continues regardless. The business is doing just fine even when letting people rest a bit.

Exactly. So we agree then. The two people in the video that rackinglad posted do not seem to understand that, as evidenced by them listing vacation time as a reason for a halt in development. This is how successful companies operate. 

29 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

No answer is better than wrong answer.  Why not just say “I don’t know” instead of making things up?  

better to say “we have no plan for a roadmap” (this dev says production stops because of vacation time) wtf. How possible is it to make anything like a road map with this as an issue?” Also,  KNOWING your fake brand manger said “weeks, not months” and that was 6 months ago. 

be straightforward with your customers. Don’t insult us with this current nonsense. 

please. 

8 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Exactly. So we agree then. The two people in the video that rackinglad posted do not seem to understand that, as evidenced by them listing vacation time as a reason for a halt in development. This is how successful companies operate. 

The development continues but different people work on different things. Its not like the game in "on hold" due to vacations. There is plenty to work on even if certain people take days off.
If people who are working on something are gone, there are other things that needs tobe done and the team is working on. 
I worked in 4 gaming companies and summer time was always quiet. Its not only devs taking more days off, its also the players spending their time differently. Every game has months when people play less and when they play more.

15 minutes ago, Parazight said:

No answer is better than wrong answer.  Why not just say “I don’t know” instead of making things up?  

better to say “we have no plan for a roadmap” (this dev says production stops because of vacation time) wtf. How possible is it to make anything like a road map with this as an issue?” Also,  KNOWING your fake brand manger said “weeks, not months” and that was 6 months ago. 

be straightforward with your customers. Don’t insult us with this current nonsense. 

please. 

But they do know 😉 They have a roadmap - the development plan counts even with summer months. 
See, and that is exactly the reason why devs don´t want to say much. Cause you say weeks, than its changed to months (and that is totaly normal in gaming development, actually in any development more or less - roadmap is a plan, but plans can change based on needs) and people go mad. If you don´t say any dates, people are mad that you dont communicate - If you say your current plan, they are upset If the plan changes. Why do you think so many releases are being postponed? And its not just games, its also movies etc. Plan is a one thing, realisation is other thing.
We try to communicate as much as we can and even not saying much or details is communication. I replied to so many people "I have no info regarding that"...and even that is communication. Being silent is no communication.

16 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

But they do know 😉 They have a roadmap - the development plan counts even with summer months. 
See, and that is exactly the reason why devs don´t want to say much. Cause you say weeks, than its changed to months (and that is totaly normal in gaming development, actually in any development more or less - roadmap is a plan, but plans can change based on needs) and people go mad. If you don´t say any dates, people are mad that you dont communicate - If you say your current plan, they are upset If the plan changes. Why do you think so many releases are being postponed? And its not just games, its also movies etc. Plan is a one thing, realisation is other thing.
We try to communicate as much as we can and even not saying much or details is communication. I replied to so many people "I have no info regarding that"...and even that is communication. Being silent is no communication.

I worked in software development for years and did project management a number of those years, and I can assure you, you CAN engage with your customer on a daily or even weekly basis and KEEP THEM INFORMED of what is going on.  People do realize that shit happens.  The problem with BI over the years is that they ran their mouth and didn't deliver much of what they said, THEN they took the opposite road of not saying anything and delivering very little.

I appreciate you engaging with us, but you really should read the old threads on this forum for a full of understanding of how things have been compared to now.  BI is virtually neglecting it's fan base.  Livestreams that few people even know about don't count.  The non-update update announcements we get don't cut it.  We are in the dark and no one there gives two shits at this point because there is no accountability.  Oh I'm sure the suits hold people accountable, but I mean accountability to the people that support and buy your product.  You guys are yiour own worst enemies at this point and nobody there gives a damn about it because why should they.  You made a ton of money and that's it.   Look at Hello Games, they screwed the pooch on their launch so bad, I mean it was one of the worst launches in video game history, and look at them now.  Are you guys just not capable of demanding more of yourselves?  Are you not capable of weekly communications with players outside the influencer bubble that you have continually been counting on?

Why can't the devs explain why the client/server security is so lax?  Why can't they let community server owners know they are working on fixing it?  Why can't they give updates on their progress on all aspects weekly?  An update on progress is not the same as making promises or even saying release dates.  Hello Games turned out to be masters at doing that and engaging with the fan base CONTINUALLY and that is a small company.

We expect better of you guys, and you continually let us down.  We love this game, but as a development company, BI is simply not anything special at this point.  Please DO BETTER.  AND FIX THE SECURITY EXPLOITS AND VEHICLES.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

Typical development process involves transparency wherever possible.  Typical successful development means not just bandaid fixing critical components. Cars being moved server side for security reasons, despite BI hiring a security team is abnormal. Normal development is to optimize code first, then deal with security

Your development is very backwards, at least to the rest of the industry and the several multi-million dollar companies I’ve personally helped manage. 

This is all on Spanel. Because it has to be. Tell him to visit the forums and explain why we won’t be getting a fair product that we agreed to pay for. Thanks for your time. . 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:55 AM, Kyiara said:

Sorry, I wont go into details as that would just help people to go around it ;).
All I can say is that we are not looking for volunteers anymore due to particular reasons. Which you will get to know when the time comes.

Rest from what? Not fixing what people have screamed for, the yhings they promised, or reskinning gun, how about putting aside resources for LORE then fixing the game?

That whole video was cringe. Look i play the game, host two servers, and base a youtbe channel around it. But they act like what we have zero clue about what is going on.