Sign in to follow this  
Buakaw

Recoil behaviour (asking for clarification)

Hey

so currently if you shoot an AKM the behavior while fully auto is pretty realistic, bullets go where you aim in a cone, but there is plenty of kick horizontal and vertical.same with M4.

FAL and UMP on the other hand, the bullets just go anywhere BUT the crosshair when you full auto, including wierd pseudo csgo recoil patterns.

I believe all guns should act like the AKM but the only difference should be strenth and severity of recoil. it just seems entirely pointless to have a full auto function otherwise, its unreliable and makes for dogshit gameplay where winning a CQB fight comes down to just luck and nothing else.

does anyone know how this is controlled in the configuration and if its possible to have spray behaviour like the AKM but with more recoil on top, as to make it harder to control (similar to older versions like 0.54)?
I assume it's the dispersion stat? or is it hardcored behaviour that can't be modded and depends on the base gun you choose for your modded weapon?

Would greatly appreciate some enlightenment

also paging @-Gews- you would probaybly know all about this. I was planning to ask you in private but your PMs are closed 😭

I think what you are looking at is weapon sway + increased recoil horizontal and vertical. The crosshair jumps with the recoil a bit but doesn't show the weapon sway which can be substantial, unlike using sights you can't see and correct for it with only crosshair. AKM doesn't kick out as far so its sway stays closer to centre. AFAIK there's not an increased random cone with crosshair (was plan at one point) and definitely no patterns.

A lot of the weapons can use adjusting for sure because their recoils relative to other weapons don't make sense. 

Never drop an MP5K for a UMP45, for example. The difference is rather extreme:

• Like 4