Sign in to follow this  
Buakaw

Getting killed with bodyshots no longer instantly turns screen black

instead you slowly fade out 1-2s and it gives potential for one last interaction

headshots however are still instant blackscreen

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

11 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

instead you slowly fade out 1-2s and it gives potential for one last interaction

headshots however are still instant blackscreen

What kind of last interactions were you thinking about? 

For me would be dropping of my backpack or vest or smth. Maybe unpin a grenade? 

• Haha 1

For me, it would be cool to at least let me hear the gun shot... (if it wasn't a headshot).

They could make it even play the same or similar animation as dropping uncon, but without the immediate blackscreen. Let it slowly fade out over a period of few seconds (this would also add to the uncertainty if you are going to die or go uncon from "pain" (shock damage)).

I don't know if I would allow players to interact with items like unpinning a grenade, or using their sidearm as a last resort to take out the dude, but it sure would be nice to sometimes yell out "nice words of encouragement" to the other dude that betrayed me, or to hear if I got shot from far away so I can at least know if that was a good shot from like 300 meters.

It seems like it would be a neat feature, and it definitely will have uses for RPing too, if people are into that.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, McWendy said:

What kind of last interactions were you thinking about? 

For me would be dropping of my backpack or vest or smth. Maybe unpin a grenade? 

I was thinking more along the lines of telling the killer to go fuck himself

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

Just now, Buakaw said:

I was thinking more along the lines of telling the killer to go fuck himself

That would be very satisfactory

Aside from cursing the enemy, this wouldn't really fit in DayZ. I'd much more rather have 2 chest bullets kill me so I can atleast have small chance to respond to the attack instead of dying from one bullet. I'm always for realism but one bullet kill seems a bit too hardcore, atleast for me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Aside from cursing the enemy, this wouldn't really fit in DayZ. I'd much more rather have 2 chest bullets kill me so I can atleast have small chance to respond to the attack instead of dying from one bullet. I'm always for realism but one bullet kill seems a bit too hardcore, atleast for me.

Im not saying i want a martyr Perk 🙂

But would be a Nice addition if you could access your inventory/hotbar

I just wanna hear who shot me, with what and from where before I die at least, it would just be so much better and more realistic if it's a bodyshot and most kills are bodyshots.