Not sure where to post this but..... The new 1.12 update on the experimental servers it's amazing just wanna say that first but, the zombies are now way to OP. I'm fine with making them harder to kill but c'mon. When one zombie gets agroad it will agro all zombies around I'm fine with that too but for the fact that I can use a sledgehammer and it takes more then 6 hits to take just one down, really. They are way to OP now. I understand if you guys trying to go for different weapon damage towards them but it feels like it's the same for every weapon now. Needs to fix before 1.12 update goes lives on main servers please.

I'm not sure how i feel about the zombies. The experience is different having them harder to kill but i find myself not going into areas just because i dont want to deal with them. I have snuck up on them to one shot kill them with a knife or axe but crouching up to them is so slow you get seen by another and they hear you if you crouch sprint. Not to mention it's a 50/50 chance your character locks up when you go to kill them with a sneak attack. 

Im just hoping they can figure out a better balance for zombie combat. 

I really like the new zombies, it feels a bit like the original DayZ mod.

There were so many cool moments where my friends and me were overrun and just barely made it out by working together in 1.12.

I haven't had this much fun in the game outside of player interactions since it was released, it is actual fun now to loot a place and sneak around the zombies, fight them one by one or get cornered by a horde and have to shoot your way out.

Previously all they did is destroy my clothing and make me bandage from time to time (annoying as hell), now they are an actual threat and proper gameplay element (thrilling fun).

It is also pretty immersive in my eyes how they don't straight up drop from one slice from a knife or axe, they are crazed infected people after all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zalic said:

The experience is different having them harder to kill but i find myself not going into areas just because i dont want to deal with them.

So basically, what I’m hearing is the game has become more strategic, because you now place greater emphasis on risk and reward, but your interpretation is that it’s a nuisance because it’s not as easy as it used to be for you?

@Homeschooliazon : I must say, I was not receptive to the infected changes at first, but everything you said is true! I fully agree this is a positive shift for the state of PvE.

The infected are not OP, but a solid threat in numbers.

I’ve noticed when you are 1v1 with infected that you can hit them, back away blocking (evading an attack), then repeat with little to no damage taken; if you take your time to learn their attack sequences, it is more strategic than before instead of straight-up button mashing. The fact that they don’t ruin your clothing as quickly is a perfect balance.

• Beans 1

I'm liking the additional challenge. The need to plan movement more when on towns enriches the game for me personally. 

• Beans 1

On 4/30/2021 at 6:16 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

So basically, what I’m hearing is the game has become more strategic, because you now place greater emphasis on risk and reward, but your interpretation is that it’s a nuisance because it’s not as easy as it used to be for you?

I will admit it's harder. My pal and I seem to get into more zombie trouble. It can be fun until you accidentally shoot your partner. As for not going into places it's more of a matter of not wanting to waste supplies like sharpening stones, sewing kits, duct tape and even ammo. My hand to hand could use improvement im sure of that and that's probably why im constantly repairing clothes and stuff. 

Im just kinda hoping they'll tweek it around. You know , play with it a bit.

• Like 1