operatox11

BattleEye banning 2 accounts for changing harddrive serial number.

Hi guys,

Little bit of background info. I've played DayZ standalone since 2013, have over 1500 hours on my main account , participated in many trading events in the past. Never used / intended to use hacks as I love the thrill that dayz gives me and I cannot find it in any other game.

Anyway, I've been playing DayZ regularly for the past few weeks and everything was fine. However I tried to be cheap and get access to paid software that my girlfriend had bought before but the software was locked to a harddrive serial number. Without much thought I downloaded some sketchy serial number changer that didn't work so I bailed on that and moved on to play DayZ. A few minutes after I got kicked and global banned. I've appealed my ban with battleye but from what I read they take months to get back to you. I removed the program from my computer and tried to login with my girlfriends steam account , just to play for 5 mins and have her account global banned too. 

I seen dayZ devs active on here so I'm seeking some help. I've supported the game for so long , I'd appreciate the support back :) Thanks 

I stopped reading after sketchy.

Dont take short cuts in life when it Comes to things you Just have to buy or follow rules, procedures.

You tried to play the system. You lost.

@McWendy  The issue being that one doesn't have anything to do with the other. If you robbed a store and your cat died the next day I wouldn't associate the two either lol. I see you have a lot of posts and are active on the forums and thats really nice, but don't be a smart ass ...

Im not being a Smart ass. You yourself said you tried to be cheap and downloaded some sketchy software. That's 2 red flags right there.  Which led to your ban. 

Also when your not open to replies of any sort then just dont come to an open forum. 

Also 2; you are one in a few dozen that come here with beautifull stories of weird stuff leading to a ban.

The main point is: not doing weird things doesn't lead to bans.

Bottom Line ; you yourself took some form of Risk which didn't pan out. Dont blame me for pointing it out to you. 

Edited by McWendy
Forgot smth

Fair I understand what you're trying to say. However what I was doing had nothing to do with the game. All software including BattleEye has flaws, bugs and false positives. I'd treat this more as feedback and support rather than crying about a ban 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, operatox11 said:

Fair I understand what you're trying to say. However what I was doing had nothing to do with the game. All software including BattleEye has flaws, bugs and false positives. I'd treat this more as feedback and support rather than crying about a ban 🙂

That i agree and Read in your posts. 

There was a Guy earlier who kept on rebuying accounts on steam and DayZ and reinstalling of his pc but got banned left and right regardless of what he tried to do. So there could indeed be smth seriously wrong with battleye.

On a more Friendlier and helpfull note, try to use DMs for devs and contact Bohemia and battleye itself. Posting here has no use but some exposure under players. Mods and devs left this building long ago. (In a response matter that is)

• Thanks 1

Thanks ! Ill give that a shot. Nice to end this topic on a friendly note . Have a good one 👍

50 minutes ago, operatox11 said:

Thanks ! Ill give that a shot. Nice to end this topic on a friendly note . Have a good one 👍

You too mate and good luck with solving the issues.

Sorry if I appear hostile buddy but I doubt that you've been playing DayZ for long time. All those profiles that usually post something related to ban appeal on these forums have one thing in common, which is that they joined forums recently. Now, you might argue that people don't bother to make forums account unless they need to, but if you spent any time looking at the rules you might see that devs do not have any influence whatsoever about BattleEye bans. Those are two completely separate companies.

If I'm mistaken, I surely wish you to return to playing DayZ as soon as possible.

• Like 1

A mentioned in our Guidelines, DayZ Staff can not and do not have access to game bans, and can not revoke them in any way possible. You MUST contact the BattlEye support to appeal game bans.

• Like 1