Gadly

Vehicle Bug/s

Question

I’ve been playing on Xbox one for about 5 days now. I am having issues with the vehicles. Any time I add a tire to try and “build” or repair the vehicle, it just takes off driving and flying around on its own. I searched for days to find a truck battery, finally found one, put it in the truck and the truck took off flying through the air and killed me so high up I couldn’t retrieve my body. Now the cars are doing the same thing. 

is there a fix? I’m sure these are known bugs, right? Since the map is so large, not being able to drive or repair a car is game breaking for me. I’m not interested In a never ending run. 

• Thanks 1

16 answers to this question

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sometimes, the journey is more important than the destination. 

Not when you have 120 items in your pack, zero stamina, 4 miles to go and you just ate your last chicken steak. Hahahahah. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, cars and trucks are a gamble every time you get in one. Even more so if a server is modded or running a bit funky. I tend to try a bunch of different servers (official and private) to find a few that run smooth. A solid running server really makes this game...

On a side note, if the cars are not working, pvp is going to be just as bad on that server.  

• Thanks 1

I rented my own server. It’s pretty laggy when driving through cities. Crashed a few cars just from lagging out and ramming into stuff. But it was the closest server location to me. 

9 hours ago, Gadly said:

I rented my own server. It’s pretty laggy when driving through cities. Crashed a few cars just from lagging out and ramming into stuff. But it was the closest server location to me. 

Best thing I've found for driving thru towns is slow down and listen for the sound to cut out. When it does hold the brakes and pray...another thing is to try and keep the car in the middle of the road and going fairly straight. That way when it stops lagging you should still be cruising along all safe and sound.  With a bit of practice you can drive on most servers without crashing. Getting into a car and having it kill you by flying around will still happen thou. 

Edited by Therealkillerofdayz

5 hours ago, Therealkillerofdayz said:

Best thing I've found for driving thru towns is slow down and listen for the sound to cut out. When it does hold the brakes and pray...another thing is to try and keep the car in the middle of the road and going fairly straight. That way when it stops lagging you should still be cruising along all safe and sound.  With a bit of practice you can drive on most servers without crashing. Getting into a car and having it kill you by flying around will still happen thou. 

Yea, I’m getting pretty good at driving with the lag. It’s the killing when I get in that’s bs. Can’t control it lol. 

17 hours ago, Gadly said:

Not when you have 120 items in your pack, zero stamina, 4 miles to go and you just ate your last chicken steak. Hahahahah. 

True. Cars are very handy for base building of you're in a remote location. I don't build bases so I don't really find much use for cars. I guess I've been pretty lucky with cars. Never had a flying one yet. Trucks seem pretty resilient though. Crashed a few and they didn't seem to take any damage! 

15 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

True. Cars are very handy for base building of you're in a remote location. I don't build bases so I don't really find much use for cars. I guess I've been pretty lucky with cars. Never had a flying one yet. Trucks seem pretty resilient though. Crashed a few and they didn't seem to take any damage! 

Lucky you!!! Nothing like hopping in a car or truck with big dreams of a quick ticket to NWAF or tisy only to get a one way ticket back to the coast...lol.

17 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Very lucky you. I’ve died no less than 6 times from flying trucks and another 3-4 times from flying cars. But all I really do is loot and build bases lol. 

On 1/26/2021 at 4:16 AM, Therealkillerofdayz said:

Yeah, cars and trucks are a gamble every time you get in one. Even more so if a server is modded or running a bit funky. I tend to try a bunch of different servers (official and private) to find a few that run smooth. A solid running server really makes this game...

On a side note, if the cars are not working, pvp is going to be just as bad on that server.  

any good servers that runs well? I'm playing on KarmaKrew, DayOne and RunningmanZ. Are those good?

On 1/30/2021 at 7:02 PM, kevo1414 said:

any good servers that runs well? I'm playing on KarmaKrew, DayOne and RunningmanZ. Are those good?

Those sound like PC servers...are you playing on xbox?

9 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

PC.

Thought so!

This is the Xbox section of the forum, best to ask in the pc section. But all those servers are top notch for PC. Dayone and Karmakrew are servers that set the bar for what modded dayz is all about. Runningmans is a+ as well. Not sure how they are running these days as I've been on xbox for quite awhile now...

My first encounter with a car was being run over by another player. Funny clip, like a Wile E Coyote moment. Thought I heard a car, turned around looking down an empty highway along the coast. Turned back around and continued jogging and got hit and runned two seconds later. Things that make you go hmmm. Trying to find an actually working car, it's like the tales and myths of M4's in tier 4 locations. Came across one that died 2 mins of driving a couple a month ago. Then I'd been playing a fresh character for about 3 days, got sniped,  but bandaged and SERE'd myself out of that situation. Then I got wolved 3 times and bear'd in a hunting stand, who wouldn't help give me a head shot angle. Then I found what seemed like a freshly spawned Ada, only needed a battery, rad and spark plug. Schwing! So excited!  A couple dayz and nightz in game and found all I needed. But,  I had taken a wheel off and stashed it away for safekeeping. Instead of installing everythingand then trying it out, I climbed in to check the fuel level and it started shaking violently and flew up in the air, with a diving technical difficulty of at least 4.5. Then our favorite screen You are dead! Lol, fun times. At least I get a piece of fruit for my troubles. 

19 hours ago, ONE EY3D ENGINE said:

My first encounter with a car was being run over by another player. Funny clip, like a Wile E Coyote moment. Thought I heard a car, turned around looking down an empty highway along the coast. Turned back around and continued jogging and got hit and runned two seconds later. Things that make you go hmmm. Trying to find an actually working car, it's like the tales and myths of M4's in tier 4 locations. Came across one that died 2 mins of driving a couple a month ago. Then I'd been playing a fresh character for about 3 days, got sniped,  but bandaged and SERE'd myself out of that situation. Then I got wolved 3 times and bear'd in a hunting stand, who wouldn't help give me a head shot angle. Then I found what seemed like a freshly spawned Ada, only needed a battery, rad and spark plug. Schwing! So excited!  A couple dayz and nightz in game and found all I needed. But,  I had taken a wheel off and stashed it away for safekeeping. Instead of installing everythingand then trying it out, I climbed in to check the fuel level and it started shaking violently and flew up in the air, with a diving technical difficulty of at least 4.5. Then our favorite screen You are dead! Lol, fun times. At least I get a piece of fruit for my troubles. 

One thing to get runned down by a car, that makes for a good story...not so much to get coasted by getting into a car your trying to fix up. Feel your pain, just had a character that had been going for over a month get nailed by getting into a car. Fairly stable server as well. One never knows...