Kohlbar

Power Attack Controls?

Hi, I play DayZ on Xbox One and I've noticed that in Xbox version, there is a sprinting melee attack that is done by pressing the melee button while sprinting. On the PC version, there seems to be a regular power attack that one can do if they want to knock someone out first hit with a sledgehammer or shovel. Is this just the regular attack, is it a power attack only available on PC, or is there a control for it that I'm not aware of on Xbox?

On 1/14/2021 at 2:26 AM, Kohlbar said:

is there a control for it that I'm not aware of on Xbox?

3 minutes ago, SynicasmOne said:

Hold Shift + Left Mouse

I guess I should've clarified on controller on xbox... thanks anyway duderinos

I just read on reddit apparently it's uhh holding Y while aiming with a melee weapon. so if anyone else has this problem rofl there you have it. I'll try it when I'm on next.

Like... I literally figured it out it's holding LT + holding Y to do a power attack. Like I literally said specifically an xbox control and 2 people respond with keyboard commands. I'm not angry.. honest... I just hope someone else who has this question will one day happen upon this tiny little thread and get some help out of it. HOLD LT + HOLD Y

1 hour ago, Kohlbar said:

Like... I literally figured it out it's holding LT + holding Y to do a power attack. Like I literally said specifically an xbox control and 2 people respond with keyboard commands. I'm not angry.. honest... I just hope someone else who has this question will one day happen upon this tiny little thread and get some help out of it. HOLD LT + HOLD Y

I feel the same way about the reload button.  I complained about it here for a bit, but no one seemed to know that you held down the Y button on the xbox controller to reload.  double tap to unload.

On 2/7/2021 at 5:27 PM, VodkaFish said:

I feel the same way about the reload button.  I complained about it here for a bit, but no one seemed to know that you held down the Y button on the xbox controller to reload.  double tap to unload.

Lol, thanks for understanding, I thought I was taking crazy pills for a minute. Hold Y to reload, Double tap Y unload, single tap Y for chamber.