Arierref

SHOT AT CLOSE RANGE

hello guys, i'm new to the style of survival game and i'm really enjoying it.  But one thing has always caught my attention: the fact that you cannot shoot at close range, I think it is far from any reality!  If another player or infected is too close, you cannot shoot: very unreal!  I believe that the possibility of shooting at close range would greatly improve the reality of the game;  because nobody asks the opponent to move away so he can shoot, the gun can be leaning on the opponent, just pull the trigger!

Pretty sure you already posted this once, but anyway... 

If a player or infected is up close to you, you can knock them back with your weapon before shooting them. If you think about it logically how could you raise a rifle at someone pressed up against you. You'd have to knock them back right? 

Meu post anterior parece ter sumido !!! mas tudo bem ... A lógica de uma arma de cano longo é verdadeira, mas uma arma de cano curto, revólver, pistola ... essa lógica não se aplica !!! this improvement would make the game much better.

Edited by Arierref

Shooting a rifle in a hand-to-hand scuffle is practically impossible - oh sure you can pull the trigger if you have your finger on it - but aiming the rifle is another matter. You're just as likely to blow your own head off as that of the zombie punching you. So the way it has been done in-game is fair to me. What we do need is a weaker weapon melee attack that you can use even if out of stamina. And bayonet attacks need a damage boost, they are practically useless as is.

• Beans 1

On 12/31/2020 at 10:46 AM, Arierref said:

hello guys, i'm new to the style of survival game and i'm really enjoying it.  But one thing has always caught my attention: the fact that you cannot shoot at close range, I think it is far from any reality!  If another player or infected is too close, you cannot shoot: very unreal!  I believe that the possibility of shooting at close range would greatly improve the reality of the game;  because nobody asks the opponent to move away so he can shoot, the gun can be leaning on the opponent, just pull the trigger!

The combat system/interface in this game is particularly bad.

In melee enemies will pass through you.  You can launch them on top of a roof, drive them through buildings, etc.  Frame rate can drop to where you don't know where you're swinging.

I have an extensive firearms background.  Decades of recreational and professional use.

They prevent you from shouldering the weapon entering doors or peering through window openings because you are 'too close'.   Not only should you be allowed to shoot through a broken window you should be able to use the window sill to brace the rifle.  There should be bipods in the game.  There should be various shooting sticks, and the ability to create them out of sticks and rags/belt.  You should be able to brace your rifle on that window, a car, a tree, the side of a building, or any other stable surface, when you want to increase your precision.   It is also likely you would seek cover during a gunfight and end up next to something that could be used as a brace.

Your character acts like he's having a seizure when he aims his rifle. It's ridiculous.   Long guns are easy to use, even for a novice.   25 yards at a dinner plate is child's play for most novices, not in this game.  A coffee saucer at 100 yards, with iron sights, is not difficult for an experienced shooter.

And the Russians don't know how to use a shooting sling?

https://nfga.org/wp-content/uploads/highpower/basic_highpower_info/SR_Shooting_Guide_AMU031204.pdf

I'm pretty sure they do as its old technology that's been used in the Olympics, and used by hunters, shooters, and soldiers around the world.

It would be nice if we could alter existing structures, move furniture, etc, but I realize this is not possible for them.  (also it would appear some of the furniture has been purposefully put in place to prevent gates from being installed.)  If so, we could make sniper hides/loopholes.   Given the option no sniper is going to stick the barrel of his rifle out a window lol.

https://ia802703.us.archive.org/2/items/MCRP3-01A/MCRP3-01A.pdf

Edited by VodkaFish

On 12/31/2020 at 10:13 PM, VodkaFish said:

It would be nice if we could alter existing structures, move furniture, etc, but I realize this is not possible for them.  (also it would appear some of the furniture has been purposefully put in place to prevent gates from being installed.)  If so, we could make sniper hides/loopholes.   Given the option no sniper is going to stick the barrel of his rifle out a window lol.

It is possible, was even showcased sometime during alpha (video below). The feature itself is not rocket science, the reason they never went ahead with it is that it would simply be way too heavy on server performance. All that crap would need to be calculated and synced real-time between the server and connected players. A tree that always falls in the same direction (and has no collision...) when cut is not the same, it's basically just a status flag (1 or 0) while objects being knocked around by cars or moved by players would need to be calculated, saved to the database and synced. Everywhere around the map. Real time. Would be an immense resource hog, so basically it will not happen in persistent online environments on maps the scale of Chernarus, not in the foreseeable future anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome if you could actually move stuff around or blow holes in walls etcetera, but I doubt we will ever see it in DayZ.

Edited by Derleth