Dontkillme10

Some newb questions

Okay, i had this game on PS4 now on Xbox series x, love the game, always go solo and try to get by.

But heres the thing, on PS4 i'm sure the game saved my character until i died, but Xbox just seems to start me at the beginning every game i start, is this right ? or will it do this every time i change server ?

I have seen an army base and a big town with a school on PS4, but so far just small places on xbox wondering how you bring the map up on xbox? and why do i not see a gun reticle when i have one ?

Anyone know some good community servers for loot and weapons? is there a way of favouriting your preferred server ? and are there servers with no food or drinks needed?

Sorry but i did say newb questions, and there will be more no doubt.

Thanks for your replies

Sounds to me that you are playing on the Community servers.  Each community server you will have a different character per server.  Take a photo of your server that with your phone and i'm sure that it will continue.

Official servers will carry on your existing character even if you hop between servers.  If you hop to a different server you will appear a different location each hop so sticking with the same serveer is best.  My home server is 4287, I play on that server exclusively.

There is no mini-map on Dayz, players use Izurvive app on tablet or phone to navigate the map.

To find loot I suggest looking for a temporary server, it's easy to gear up as the loot refreshes quicker.  Players will hop to these servers to loot and then hop back to their home server of choice.

Let me know if you have any further quesitons.

2 hours ago, Dontkillme10 said:

Xbox 

But heres the thing, on PS4 i'm sure the game saved my character until i died, but Xbox just seems to start me at the beginning every game i start, is this right ? or will it do this every time i change server ?

You can switch public servers and keep the gear you are carrying with you.   You will not spawn in the same location on the new server.

If you switch from public to private or visa versa you will generate a completely new character.  You can't transfer items back and forth.

xbox wondering how you bring the map up on xbox? and why do i not see a gun reticle when i have one ?

I don't think there is a map you can bring up from your controller.  For optics you have to bring up your iron sights, then use the direction pad to bring up the optic.

and are there servers with no food or drinks needed?

Call of Duty, Battle Field, PubG, and many others.