HardLuck

Car trouble

Question

So I recently gathered up all the things I needed to get a car up a running, and after getting everything installed and everything filled up, it instantly starts smoking when I start it. And to answer your question before you ask it, yes the radiator is 100% full, I filled it until it no longer gave me the option to do so. So what am I missing? 

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, HardLuck said:

So I recently gathered up all the things I needed to get a car up a running, and after getting everything installed and everything filled up, it instantly starts smoking when I start it. And to answer your question before you ask it, yes the radiator is 100% full, I filled it until it no longer gave me the option to do so. So what am I missing? 

I play on ps4 and I've only experienced this when there is a lack of water in the radiator. its news to me that this has happened to you if you have a full radiator of water. maybe the cars engine is damaged? has it been used by another player before you found it and that player might have crashed into something just enough to make the engine smoke? are you getting a yellow engine icon on the speedometer at the bottom left of the screen?

The car was a fresh spawn, I had been watching a particular area after each server restart because I new one normally spawns there. And I, same as you have only ever experienced this happening when there is radiator is empty, or low on water. But like I said I made for certain that I filled it all the way to make sure I avoided the very problem I’m having issues with now. I just don’t understand what’s wrong.

I've seen this before when a fresh spawn car originates partially clipped into the terrain, but it hasn't been for a number of versions.  Take a screenshot of the car when it spawns there again.  Also try finding a different car spawn.  It's natural for others to assume that you're not filling the radiator properly as the indicator is somewhat ambiguous.  Good luck.

Thanks for the input guys. I’ll continue watching this area for the next spawn and see what happens, though I don’t recall the car I got being clipped into the ground anywhere, but I’ll make sure to keep an eye out for that next time.

if you filled it with water then u know... i just know the water level and the gas level make it confusing because they are on opposite sides of their semicircle when full.....  would be much better if they either had a F and E on them for full and empty or both went the same way... i know it got me the first time i thought it was full lol.... and it takes roughly 4-5 bottles or canteens... if you are only about 60% full it will start smoking

24 minutes ago, Bossshawk said:

if you filled it with water then u know... i just know the water level and the gas level make it confusing because they are on opposite sides of their semicircle when full..... 

This is why it's confusing.  It's a temperature gauge.  How many cars, in real life, have you seen where the gauge is a water level gauge?  None I bet.  Gasoline level can be measured directly, whereas it's not really possible to measure the water/coolant level in the same way.

• Thanks 1

This is a PC ticket, but it points to some nonsense in the game that is not in line with the normal understanding of mechanics. Nonsense, because everything is turned upside down. The alarm warning indicator should be activated first, after continuing operation, an alarm occurs. In the game, first the accident and at the same time the indication of the accident.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149402

Edited by lex__1