BIPOLAR SKILLZ

Hackers Got Me Again

2,000 Hours and this game has become a hackers paradise. Admin abuse on community severs and hacking just ruins this whole game for me. Official servers are worse cause no one is there to watch these people cheat. Some server admins watch for cheats but not many. 

Empty and totally unexplored police station (all doors closed... ok, maybe a tactic by some clever player), no Z's around, no sound of footsteps, all rooms explored without any problem... You are dead... just happened an half hour ago while playing into a community server... very good and encouraging for good game reviews

It happens to me almost every time I play. The enjoyment is being sucked out of playing DayZ by these people.

I want to play official servers, but it's like BI want to drive us away to community. I put tickets into the feedback tracker and get not even an acknowledgement that someone has even looked at it.

I was told to DM Tim directly via discord with the info and he would ban the ppl who were using the scripts. https://imgur.com/7AmBg5r

I don't feel I should have to do that when Tim himself told me to go through the feedback tracker. 

It really is pushing me away from playing.

I quit using public servers a long time before the hacker jihad began. I left because I wanted to find a server not plagued by server hoppers who were camping in to find chopper crashes. I went to private servers and even rented my own server and to this day have not gone back.

A shameless plug for my own server but if you're looking for a home till then... doors open. Seriously though, I feel for you with the hacker thing and I know how frustrating it can be.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:09 AM, oldfossil said:

Empty and totally unexplored police station (all doors closed... ok, maybe a tactic by some clever player), no Z's around, no sound of footsteps, all rooms explored without any problem... You are dead... just happened an half hour ago while playing into a community server... very good and encouraging for good game reviews

It is hard to know if someone who killed you is doing so illegitimately unless a third party can confirm it, not to reach but every death for PC users will be questionable but not answerable when you die all of a sudden. More than enough Xbox users did this when it was factually the opposite across the board, but one thing I do know is that I will almost never get randomly killed or shot at when going through dense forest...and the only time I ever did was the Tisy Highway on the edge of the map. 

9 hours ago, Monosof said:

It is hard to know if someone who killed you is doing so illegitimately unless a third party can confirm it,

This.

I think a lot of these "I was killed by a cheater" complaints are just people venting because they were killed by someone that that never saw, but who saw them.

In this game, 90% of the time, you are going to be taken out by an opponent that you never clapped eyes on. But that doesn't indicate cheating or hacking. That's not to say that cheating doesn't go on. It does, although I have never seen any real evidence of it, personally, in 6 years of playing the game.

I've been killed plenty of times by other players that I never saw. But I can't put that down to cheaters or hackers.

• Beans 1

Perhaps a kill cam or a kill info screen being added into the game to show people how they died would filter out some of the false hacker claims to make it easier to track down the real hackers.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, Tonyeh said:

This.

I think a lot of these "I was killed by a cheater" complaints are just people venting because they were killed by someone that that never saw, but who saw them.

In this game, 90% of the time, you are going to be taken out by an opponent that you never clapped eyes on. But that doesn't indicate cheating or hacking. That's not to say that cheating doesn't go on. It does, although I have never seen any real evidence of it, personally, in 6 years of playing the game.

I've been killed plenty of times by other players that I never saw. But I can't put that down to cheaters or hackers.

Guess I'm lying haha. So you deny that there are hackers? We got killed raiding a base. Fair enough. But when we start getting killed at the beach over and over. That is a hacker with global kill. I have been ran up on by a guy running 1000mph and ran right the bush I was hiding in. Speed punched me until uncon and stole all my guns. 

4 hours ago, BIPOLAR SKILLZ said:

Guess I'm lying haha. So you deny that there are hackers?

FFS, did you even read the post?

I specifically said "That's not to say that cheating doesn't go on. It does, although I have never seen any real evidence of it, personally, in 6 years of playing the game."

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

FFS, did you even read the post?

I specifically said "That's not to say that cheating doesn't go on. It does, although I have never seen any real evidence of it, personally, in 6 years of playing the game."

Yeah but I have seen you in other posts kinda of defending these hackers and acting  like we are getting killed and salty about it. Youtube Dayz Hackers and you will find a new video by Anarchy showing people cheating on his community server.  We aren't salty about getting killed and losing gear. We just want fair play and to enjoy the game. Hell I love just exploring and looting. I mean how hard could it be to detect someone moving on a server faster than cars or a heli? Seems like something anti cheat could easily detect.

Jesus fucking wept.

READ THE LINE AGAIN...

"That's not to say that cheating doesn't go on. It does, although I have never seen any real evidence of it, personally, in 6 years of playing the game."

For your further benefit, what this means is that I don't dispute that hacking and cheating exists in DayZ, but I have never seen any evidence of it in 6 years of playing.

10 hours ago, BIPOLAR SKILLZ said:

Yeah but I have seen you in other posts kinda of defending these hackers

Tonyeh has in no way, shape or form defended hackers on these forums.

Unless you can produce some evidence to the contrary, I suggest you stop these accusations as it amounts to straight up trolling.

15 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

Unless you can produce some evidence to the contrary, I suggest you stop these accusations as it amounts to straight up trolling.

Wow you guys are a bunch of snowflakes haha. Can't speak my mind on a public forum then just delete the forum. 

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Jesus fucking wept.

READ THE LINE AGAIN...

"That's not to say that cheating doesn't go on. It does, although I have never seen any real evidence of it, personally, in 6 years of playing the game."

For your further benefit, what this means is that I don't dispute that hacking and cheating exists in DayZ, but I have never seen any evidence of it in 6 years of playing.

Then why do you act like people are just lying about it and are salty about getting killed and just blaming hacks on how they died?

I have never been robbed in my city I live in. In Tonyeh's world that person just lost their wallet and are mad about it trying to blame a robber. 6 years of playing this dude probably sits in a low pop base and eats mutton.

1 hour ago, Max Planck said:

Evidence is right there. 90% percent of the people are salty cause they didn't see the person who killed them. In debate class in college that was called a deflection in favor of the hackers. 

1 hour ago, BIPOLAR SKILLZ said:

Can't speak my mind on a public forum

When what's on your mind are baseless accusations against others users, then no, you can not. It's pointless and leads to flamewars.

Topic locked.

Edited by Max Planck