JVLFC1

Wolves

is anyone else getting attacked by wolves alot I was up by tisy got attacked 3 times in the space of an hour and a half surely this isn't right then on the way back got attacked again so four times in about two and a half hours 

3 hours ago, JVLFC1 said:

is anyone else getting attacked by wolves alot I was up by tisy got attacked 3 times in the space of an hour and a half surely this isn't right then on the way back got attacked again so four times in about two and a half hours 

Tisy is and always has been a busy area for wolves . . . if you are in the woods there, you are pretty much guaranteed to meet some. Especially sometimes it seems at night.

I have a tent full of wolf meat . . . its been close a couple of times, but so far I have been lucky .. 

Same here I have like four wolf fat on me 😂 are you getting a bug where they don't make any noise as well? I think the attacks are way to often tbh I mean three times in a hour and a half is just stupid let's be honest I've had them attack me not far from the coast as well yesterday I've had like six attacks in two days either im unlucky or they are bugged

12 minutes ago, JVLFC1 said:

Same here I have like four wolf fat on me 😂 are you getting a bug where they don't make any noise as well?

thats not a bug, thats been a feature for a while

13 minutes ago, JVLFC1 said:

I think the attacks are way to often tbh I mean three times in a hour and a half is just stupid let's be honest I've had them attack me not far from the coast as well yesterday I've had like six attacks in two days either im unlucky or they are bugged

the longer you are in a wolf area, the more likely they will come for you. Ive not seen any wolf behaviour that could be said to be a bug

Are you on a modded server? where on/near the coast?

No I'm on official im getting a bug where they make no noise at all they just appear out of nowhere even when shooting them they don't bark or whine at all I just think the attacks are way to frequent 3 times in a hour and a half is a joke 

So I've just logged in im in nagornoe got instant wolves on me with in like 3 mins definatly something not right 

Shot 3 wolves closed a door got glitched in the door even when I opened it couldnt move killed by zombies 10/10 this game man 

1 hour ago, JVLFC1 said:

No I'm on official im getting a bug where they make no noise at all they just appear out of nowhere even when shooting them they don't bark or whine at all I just think the attacks are way to frequent 3 times in a hour and a half is a joke 

wolves do that sometimes, they dont always howl . ..and if you think that is bad wait til you go on a modded server with the extra wolves mod . ..

1 hour ago, JVLFC1 said:

So I've just logged in im in nagornoe got instant wolves on me with in like 3 mins definatly something not right 

Nagornoe has wolf spawn areas all around in the woods ... I can count 7 wolf spawn areas  . . .in the northern woods you are in wolf territory . .. and if you get really lucky there is a bear spawn point there too .. .

For a long time I would have agreed with you, but recently, I've come to think that with humans being absent for "X" amount of time, many wildlife populations would increase as a result of diminished threat levels and non-existent general human activity. Quiet roads, few planes and helicopters, would lead to natural reclamation of the land. In some cases, populations could possibly boom if given the right environment, which is apparently the Tisy forests!

Just a thought, what do you think? Still a dumb game mechanic? Probably too frequent, but possible in this alternate world of DayZ. I'm not arguing, just interested in perspectives and good conversations. @JVLFC1 / @aux7

Listen I get the whole back story but I'm getting attacked way more than usual I've been playing this game for years on pc i now play PlayStation and xbox because more friends have it on console its definitely way more frequent than it used to be like I said I've been playing a long time something isn't right 

6 hours ago, JVLFC1 said:

Listen I get the whole back story but I'm getting attacked way more than usual I've been playing this game for years on pc i now play PlayStation and xbox because more friends have it on console its definitely way more frequent than it used to be like I said I've been playing a long time something isn't right 

ok, write it up as a bug report, detail the points where you had the encounter and see what they say . . .

9 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

For a long time I would have agreed with you, but recently, I've come to think that with humans being absent for "X" amount of time, many wildlife populations would increase as a result of diminished threat levels and non-existent general human activity. Quiet roads, few planes and helicopters, would lead to natural reclamation of the land. In some cases, populations could possibly boom if given the right environment, which is apparently the Tisy forests!

Just a thought, what do you think? Still a dumb game mechanic? Probably too frequent, but possible in this alternate world of DayZ. I'm not arguing, just interested in perspectives and good conversations. @JVLFC1 / @aux7

humankind leaves, nature takes over

a lot of the mechanics of the game are not the best, but are what they are. I have great hopes for the future of the game and improvements in physics and "AI" mechanics/behaviour

20 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

That is pretty much the way it goes. If you are interested, look up studies on the wildlife in the "dead zone" surrounding the Chernobyl nuclear disaster plant. Wild animals have moved in and taken over the ruins.

• Beans 1

There was a few patches ago where they were not spawning properly but I think it was since fixed. Livonia is the worst place for it because the south is consistent unlike Chernarus where it can change radically like in the west end it's wolf country and not far it is a player kill zone in NWAF. Something I do know for a fact a spawn point that should be spawning wolves but doesn't but I am not going to try and help fix it....because I am lazy but mostly I don't want wolves over there.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, JVLFC1 said:

As someone has already said, up that way is a heavy traffic area for wolves. I was attacked there by, what must have been, a pack in double figures one time. Only managed to get out of it by locking myself into one of those portable hunter trailers and shooting them one by one til they buggered off.

Honestly, I love the wolves in the game. One of the best improvements the devs have made.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, Tonyeh said:

As someone has already said, up that way is a heavy traffic area for wolves. I was attacked there by, what must have been, a pack in double figures one time. Only managed to get out of it by locking myself into one of those portable hunter trailers and shooting them one by one til they buggered off.

Honestly, I love the wolves in the game. One of the best improvements the devs have made.

Their behaviour is also much more detailed than you think at first glance. If you manage to spot one that has not detected prey yet you can observe their calm prowling or idle resting behaviour, they'll actually lie down, lick their paws etc. If they spot a dead infected, animal or player (or if they hunt and kill one) they'll stop and eat from it. If you face them with a melee weapon in hands they will not blindly rush straight at you, but back away growling and barking so their mates can flanks you.

I love this attention to detail on small things that few players ever get to see or even care about. It's what sets DayZ apart from most other games.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 7:19 AM, aux7 said:

And if you think that is bad wait til you go on a modded server with the extra wolves mod

Extra wolves isn't really a mod thing, it's a server setting. You can adjust the number of wolves that spawn on any server by going into the config area. I've got my server (or had before 1.09) 6-12 wolves.