Sam Stewart

Keep getting sick

I've been playing a while and know the basics enough and know how you get sick; cold, bad food, wet ect. But I've got a good amount of cooked food and clean water and take the tetracycline which cures it but then keep getting sick. I'm not wet or have any injuries and advice on this would be appreciated.

Wash your hands.

Don't drink water from bottles you've found (empty it), wash your hands, and don't drink from streams and ponds.

...and wash your hands.

What kind of cooked meat? The only sickness I've got from meat was madness for eating people.

Never seen any issue from chicken, wolf, cow or deer.

Disinfect your rags before you use them to bandage. Alcohol tincture and disinfectant spray are the trick.

Edited by Zalic

19 hours ago, Seen it All said:

I have been getting sick from cooked meat, only cure is charcoal 

Did you wash your hands after cutting up the meat though? If not, this can give you food poisoning

I have got sick from cooked meat that is burnt using a frying pan.  Apparently the only way to not burn meat in the pan is to add fat....lol

got to love Dayz

I have heard a little bit about the pre-filled water bottles. Other players trying to mess with each other. So be cautious on a good find. 

Definitely remember to wash hands and cook food. Avoid eating people unless desperate.