Daxos1

CLE not working

My custom server appears to have an issue with the CLE. My issue is that none of the loot appears to be cycling, ever. Even server restarts etc do not change this, and if I go to a specific area and came back after several days, the *exact* same loot is still in the *exact* same spots as it was before. Now I recently switched hosting companies, and this was not an issue with my previous hosting company, which I do not want to go back to though. However, the CLE seemingly not working makes the game not really playable.

I'm using a default types.xml and the only two mods I have installed are community framework and Zomberry.

The support staff of my hosting company has tried everything and we're out of ideas what else to do. I'm not having this issue on any other server I'm joining except my own. I've already tried fresh installs several times but none of that appears to fix the issue of the spawned loot never changing unless manually picked up.

Does anyone have any insight into what the issue might be?

Thank you.

I tried posting this before but for some reason my post was deleted.

I recently signed up to host a server. It currently does not have any mods. It seems loot cycling is not working on my server. I'm using a default 1.08 types.xml. When I log out anywhere and memorize the loot and come back a day later even after several restarts the exact same loot is still there. I do not recall it working this way before 1.08, and according to the types.xml file the specific items I checked out had a lifetime of 180 minutes. Why are they still there after 24 real life hours when noone has interacted with them?

After spending hours with the support staff of my hosting company and talking to friends who also run servers I am starting to get the impression the "lifetime" values of items in the types.xml file are being ignored. This may not be easily determinable on populated servers, but on a new server that does not have any regular players yet you can easily see this. Was this change intended? How come there was nothing about ignoring lifetime values in the 1.08 patch notes because 1.07 did not have this issue?

I hope you've put this in the Bug Tracker because if you're right about this, it's a major issue for sure and just posting it here won't get it fixed.

I have no way to verify it except on my own server and I only noticed it between the 1.07 to 1.08 change. I need some other people to look into this and see if they're encountering the same issue first.

Well I just got contacted again by the support staff of my hosting company, and they were also able to recreate the issue on their own servers. This does sound like a bug as I haven't read anywhere that the "lifetime" value should be ignored now. Loot cycling simply doesn't happen automatically anymore. I'm going to enter a bug for this on the bug tracker I guess.

3 hours ago, Daxos1 said:

I tried posting this before but for some reason my post was deleted.

Not deleted, just moved to the server area.
If you have trouble locating a post/topic of yours, you can find it through your profile.

Also, merged.

I can confirm this...playing on a low pop server, log in two days later and there's still the exactly same loot around.

This thread is a bit old and might have been resolved already but for the record:

Are you sure it's not the CE idle mode that's causing your problems? If the server is empty it stops the loot system so you wouldn't see any changes if there haven't been any players.

Change IdleModeStartup and IdleModeCountdown to 0 in globals.xml if you want the economy to work even without players

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Islerokk said:

This thread is a bit old and might have been resolved already but for the record:

Are you sure it's not the CE idle mode that's causing your problems? If the server is empty it stops the loot system so you wouldn't see any changes if there haven't been any players.

Change IdleModeStartup and IdleModeCountdown to 0 in globals.xml if you want the economy to work even without players

This is probably the issue. When a server is empty the economy hibernates. I'm not sure I like this feature, I prefer when the server ticks along not giving a fudge if there's players on it or not...

On 8/11/2020 at 5:09 AM, Derleth said:

This is probably the issue. When a server is empty the economy hibernates. I'm not sure I like this feature, I prefer when the server ticks along not giving a fudge if there's players on it or not...

I like it in theory when we know the server is running and functioning correctly. I do not like it when I'm trying to see if the loot is cycling correctly on my own server from one day to the next when no one else logged in. Haha

I have been having a similar issue on my low pop server and was starting to think maybe this was a setting that I didn't know about. But even after a week loot hadn't cycled for me in some areas. Is this idle mode server-wide? Or is it based on a range, so if we're all playing around NWAF the loot there will cycle regularly, but the loot in Novo and Cherno will not?

On 8/10/2020 at 4:09 PM, Islerokk said:

I had posted about an issue with loot not despawning and cycling properly, I just set up a vanilla server which is still low pop to empty and this was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!