soapmak3r

Alternative Creepy Music for DayZ

I composed some music for DayZ using the EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra VST library.

*EDIT 02* Videos up!

DayZ - Creepy, ambient music ideas - Part 1

DayZ - Creepy, ambient music ideas - Part 2

I edited the music onto some gameplay footage if anyone fancies having a watch/listen.

DayZ situational music ideas: http://soundcloud.co...ayz-music-ideas

Let me know if you guys like it and think I should make more. I could make this kind of stuff all day.

*EDIT* Added second batch...

DayZ music ideas 02 - http://soundcloud.co...-music-ideas-02

*EDIT 02* Videos up!

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 17

These are amazing. I'm going to go on a loot run to Cherno with "Paranoia" playing in the background Oh gods no.

I definitely think that some more music besides the other ambient soundtracks would be a nice touch. Great work!

• Like 1

These are amazing. I'm going to go on a loot run to Cherno with "Paranoia" playing in the background Oh gods no.

I definitely think that some more music besides the other ambient soundtracks would be a nice touch. Great work!

Cheers! Glad you like them. They are more or less just ideas at the moment. I have ton of ideas for different music that could be triggered by different situations. Trying to keep them as minimal (and creepy) as possible. :D

• Like 1

WOW that was excellent!!! :) Was expecting to turn it on and then off and leave it alone but you made some really creepy tunes there.And the fact that its just ambiance in background and keeps same terrifying sound instead of changing tempo etc is also excellent.

• Like 1

Great Sounds, would really fit as ambiente if placed well ingame.

+1! Make more!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Keep it up, as long as you feel inspired! I'd like to hear more. How about something that starts hopeful but turns quickly to despair, becomes increasingly desperate, then ends suddenly. This would encapsulate a number of my lives in DayZ. :)

• Like 1

Amazing work. DayZ is definitely in need of some better ambient sounds etc.

These fit perfectly & would certainly shit me up in game!

-MSTRB

• Like 1

Sweet! Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll get to work on some more this evening. I have a ton of other ideas! :D

Does anyone know if I can I add this music into the mod so that I can test how it fits in-game and make a few Bandicam captures of it? If not I can always edit it onto videos. :)

Awesome work m8! I often play with the dawn/day of the dead soundtrack going. ( sad I know ) but a soundtrack can make all the difference between a good experience and an awesome one.

• Like 1

Awesome work m8! I often play with the dawn/day of the dead soundtrack going. ( sad I know ) but a soundtrack can make all the difference between a good experience and an awesome one.

Cheers! Glad that you like them.

Here is the second batch of tracks. :)

DayZ music ideas 02 - http://soundcloud.com/john-marshall-ni/sets/dayz-music-ideas-02

I should have a youtube video up by tomorrow evening demonstrating how the songs work in game. :)

I turn off music so this wouldn't effect me, but as a musician: it is quite nice ;)

but I don't know how it would be implamented, I see these going with a trigger, rather then just being back ground music.

This would be perfect for a co-op mission, or a game like amnesia but DayZ? I'm not all sure how they would be implemented

i made a song for when the zombies start chasing you...

Don't even need to click the link to know it's Yakety Sax...

I like your newer compositions Soapmak3r (or should I call you John?). I await your YT vid with interest.

These seem pretty good and appropriate for the game, very similar to the current ambient music...maybe you should contact the devteam directly? ^^

Awesome to hear this music when at loading screen and instead of the tank there should be a kool DayZ pic.

The songs are really good, just a bit curious as to how they might implement them. Maybe have something like once you get closest enough to something (say, a crash site) the music changes? (To crash site, perhaps?) I'm pretty sure they already have a trigger system in Arma so I don't think that would be hard.

And I personally think we need more triggered music.

Thanks for all the positive feedback! :)

The songs are really good' date=' just a bit curious as to how they might implement them. Maybe have something like once you get closest enough to something (say, a crash site) the music changes? (To crash site, perhaps?) I'm pretty sure they already have a trigger system in Arma so I don't think that would be hard.

And I personally think we need more triggered music.

[/quote']

Yeah, I was thinking that it could work based on situation...So when you are approaching a crash site or military installation, a 'crash site' song would play with some military overtones...

When in industrial areas, industrial kind of ambient music.

I was also thinking that an interesting way to balance PvP might be to have 'paranoia' music play when you are within voice range of a murderer. Or maybe just in voice range of anyone...So that it raises the tension to breaking point.

Other ideas would be 'lonely traveller' or other melancholic songs could be triggered at the beach where we spawn, or it could be triggered when travelling through the wilderness.

'Creeping death', when crawling around, surrounded by zombies...

'On the run' when you are spotted by zombies and have to sprint to escape etc.

There is a lot of potential for a dynamic music system that could really scare the shit out of people. :P

idk its a bit odd for my tastes, sounds more like ambient noise then anything, but to each their liking. As long as it aint dubstep lol

I composed some music for DayZ using the EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra VST library.

DayZ situational music ideas: http://soundcloud.co...ayz-music-ideas

Let me know if you guys like it and think I should make more. I could make this kind of stuff all day.

*EDIT* Added second batch...

DayZ music ideas 02 - http://soundcloud.co...-music-ideas-02

*EDIT 02* Videos up!

Ok guys, I edited the music onto some gameplay footage if anyone fancies having a watch/listen.

DayZ - Creepy, ambient music ideas - Part 1

DayZ - Creepy, ambient music ideas - Part 2

majority of players turn off music, just an fyi.

Edited by fasthandz

majority of players turn off music, just an fyi.

Not meaning to sound too cheeky, but did you take a survey? If that is the case, maybe it is because there are only 2 repeating tracks at the moment, which I am guessing are more or less just placeholders...Like a lot of the stuff in the game so far.

Not meaning to sound too cheeky, but did you take a survey? If that is the case, maybe it is because there are only 2 repeating tracks at the moment, which I am guessing are more or less just placeholders...Like a lot of the stuff in the game so far.

I didn't do the survey, someone else did. And the answers back up what i said.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28712-how-many-of-you-keep-the-music-on-while-playing/page__hl__music