Sign in to follow this  
tandwan

The DayZ Hacker Problem (You will not like this)

So first off I try to stay quiet on these forums. I don't chime in unless I have something to say and even then I normally don't post it because most people just don't want to hear it. You want a perfect game and you want it right now and the bottom line is you are an entitled to more from this game because you paid for it.

So let me tell you the facts. First, Bohemia cares, or at least someone there does, but the company as a whole is so understaffed that they can't push a fix out for the hackers. My data comes from reading their most recent report in which they said they're only going to push out 4 updates a year or something like that. If you played in the mod, like a couple of us did, then you know hackers are nothing new to the game and in fact were a major problem back then as well.

You know what most of us did to fix the hacking problem back then?
We went to private servers.

You know why we went to private servers? Well, for one, mods that were really good and added to the game. Second, the fact that private server owners were fighting for communities and thus were johnie on the spot for taking care of hacking issues, or exploiters. Private server owners WANT you to play on their server, and with that said are ACTIVELY trying to fix problems such as people duping, speed hacking, glitching, and all that. The public servers right now, and actually always have been, like taking public transportation. Yes, you will get where you want to go, but you're probably going to have to deal with some nonsense along the way. People telling you : 'Go to private servers' are in fact not copping out. We have dealt with this before and we know private servers are probably going to be the fix you want instead of just slamming your head against the wall with public servers. At this point, you know the hacking is bad on the servers and yet you continue to play there. You scream at Bohemia for a fix when let's be fair here, it took them about a year to fix you not running down stairs fast and killing yourself.

TLDR; If you want to stay on the public hives and try to play against the players who are hacking, then yes go right ahead. You are hurting yourself and nobody else at this point when the easy fix is to take your entire crew to a private server, start fresh, and be a part of a community.

• Beans 2

I disagree, Bohemia has shown a serious lack of caring.

I have posted several threads on hackers ruining official servers.  No response at all. No action taken that I can see.

I created tickets on feedback.bi about hacking.  No response, no action taken that I can see.

Sent emails to Bohemia complaining about the issue.      Bohemia's response---

"Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience, the banning system is administrated by Battleye, we have absolutely no involvement in the process of detecting cheats/hacks nor administrating any bans etc. I would suggest you contact Battleye directly: http://www.battleye.com/support.html Thank you. Best regards, Dominik Bohemia Interactive"

NOT THEIR PROBLEM.

I have emails Battleye and have no response yet. Nothing is being done about this.

• Sad 1

Ok let me fill you in since you joined this forum less then a month ago. I'm going to assume you just recently joined in with us playing DayZ and did not play back in the mod. This is all pretty par for the course when dealing with Bohemia and Battle-eye and those of us who have been here for a while are pretty clear on the scenario. About every patch on mod there was a big hacking influx and no amount of griping to Bohemia fixed it. Back then this was Dean Halls baby and for a while it was great. The truth is everything you do with Bohemia is pointless. Getting with Battle-eye about the issue is a waste of your time because in the off chance someone reads your email they're probably not going to do anything.

I'm not trying to come down on you or make fun of you. I'm not trying to tell you to stop emailing all these people or fighting against the unbeatable foe, you do you man. I am just trying to save you some time,  effort,  and heart ache

If you want to do all that and continue to scream while you game on public servers,  by all means.  I will still get up and go to bed on the left side of my bed and sleep like I'm dead. When you're ready to take matters into your own hands however I would tell you, try out private servers. Your choice man.

• Like 1

thanks Tandwan, I am new to the game and really frustrated by the hacking.  

In the last week, I have transitioned to community servers, most running mods. I am enjoying it, but I currently bounce around 4 different servers in an effort to find a new "Hacker Free" home.

Yes your right about staying on official vanilla servers, you need to accept the hacking, or move. That sucks, but it is the only solution.    I am tired of screaming at a wall.

• Beans 1

Good choice. I know my words may seem harsh but truthfully this game is only as frustrating as you let it be. I gave up on live servers a long time ago. I've been on private ever since, never really looked back primarily because of duping, hacking, and the refusal of Bohemia to do anything about it except after long months of silence. This games awesome, but hackers kill it. Private servers with IP ban abilities make it a lot, lot better. Enjoy 

Edited by tandwan
Words

Seeing this thread made me smile. I went through the same thing, back on North America 1, the last hardcore public hive in mod. When Stealth took it down for the same issue, me and my clan tried our hand at a public have, which worked for a while, namely due to the amount of adminning I did, jobless at the time, but, in the end, we had to go to a private hive, and things only got better. It is an uphill battle, but, things are getting better all the time, stick with it, and you'll like what you see.

Just some old forum guy,

Creeper

How do you even cheat in DayZ and why would someone even cheat lol i really don't see how is it possible... i guess cheating will not be possible later down the time when they optimize the servers and therefore make the game even more server sided and therefore literally no cheaters unless they hack in the server lol

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

How do you even cheat in DayZ and why would someone even cheat lol i really don't see how is it possible... i guess cheating will not be possible later down the time when they optimize the servers and therefore make the game even more server sided and therefore literally no cheaters unless they hack in the server lol

Well they cheat because.

They're often kids wanting to pwn others because they're too bad to make it themselves, or guys wanting some "fun", or some others use it to get revenge... Cheats are everywhere, even on a small forgotten game like Build'N'Shoot Ace of Spades 0.75.

You don't need to hack the matrix to cheat in this game, otherwise not every public server would be infected by cheaters.

All it would take is a 150 or even 200 ping limit on official servers and this crap would instantly vanish by and large.  Don't pretend like you don't know why.  Do you understand how easy that is to do?  Its one command.  I can only imagine 3 reasons this hasn't happened.

1. astronomical apathy, zero fucks given.

2. They actually want an excuse to close their own servers and drop their sever costs and push everyone to community servers.

3. The utmost ravenous SJW ideology where they think a ping limit is xenophobia. 

Edited by Futurist

The issue with the ping kick is that it kicks immediately upon detection. I've had players here in the states that got kicked because their ping momentarily went high. I had to disable high ping kick. Good thing I can block out specific countries and VPN users on my server.

5 hours ago, Futurist said:

All it would take is a 150 or even 200 ping limit on official servers and this crap would instantly vanish by and large.  Don't pretend like you don't know why.  Do you understand how easy that is to do?  Its one command.  I can only imagine 3 reasons this hasn't happened.

1. astronomical apathy, zero fucks given.

2. They actually want an excuse to close their own servers and drop their sever costs and push everyone to community servers.

3. The utmost ravenous SJW ideology where they think a ping limit is xenophobia. 

if only they made it so you get kicked if your ping is high for like some amount of time rather then oop... your ping spiked up to 500 but your average ping is 72... sigh.. i'm sorry little fella but the limit is 150 😞 kicked.. 
yea that sucks... imma guess it sounds somewhat easy to implement that as a feature.. if a player has constant high ping he gets kicked but if a player gets short burst of high ping like let's say up to 30 seconds after it jumping above the limit if the timer passes he will get kicked but if it stabilizes back to normal below the limit he's all good xD

5 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

The issue with the ping kick is that it kicks immediately upon detection. I've had players here in the states that got kicked because their ping momentarily went high. I had to disable high ping kick. Good thing I can block out specific countries and VPN users on my server.

^this 😄

On 3/10/2020 at 2:52 PM, tandwan said:

and actually always have been, like taking public transportation. Yes, you will get where you want to go, but you're probably going to have to deal with some nonsense along the way.

Dont hate on public transportation, plz. 

Public transportation is a great opportunity to interact with other humans in LR 'Literal Reality'.  Also good for the environment.  Is DayZ good for the environment??  The results are pending.

Everything else is hard to disagree with.