haxordie

A new map proposal

It's a bit of a wishful thinking on my side, but I believe that the community lacks a good urban map. As in "a big major city half the size of chernarusplus map surrounded by country" urban map. So if BI plans on adding more DLC in the future, I'd suggest them looking in this direction. It'd be really interesting for me to explore a big, (once) living city, with detailed sewer system, dedicated districts, skyscrapers, and large hordes of infected. Of course, considering their announced plans in 2020, it's just a small suggestion for distant future.

Edited by haxordie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I couldn't agree more -- something similar to a GTA V map would be fantastic.

Sadly, I doubt we'd ever get this from Bohemia, because it would require a completely new set of assets for the city buildings.  I don't see them putting that much work into a new map for a game this old, even for DLC, but I hope I'm wrong about that.

30 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I Sadly, I doubt we'd ever get this from Bohemia, because it would require a completely new set of assets for the city buildings.

Maybe they could pinch them from 'Take on Helicopters'? I haven't played it (it's in my pile of shame) but, from the looks of it, it could be a great DayZ setting.

Map suits me, Cherno and Dmitrogorsk are normal cities. Megacities is another concept.

But the underground territory - that would be cool! Tunnels and mines and cellars could bring fresh breath to the game!☺️