Derleth

"Nominal" in Events.xml

What does that parameter actually signify? I used to think it was the amount of events of a certain type that can be active, but for bears the value is 0 and I know for a fact (ouch) that they spawn, so - what does it actually do?

Also, the <min> and <max> values are supposedly the min and maximum total of that type of unit that can be active at any time, is that correct? I'm trying to improve my zombie spawns and thought about increasing the <max> value in the various infected events, in order to avoid that, for example, a bunch of players triggering spawns in Cherno and fighting hordes there has the side effect that players approaching Berezino finds it empty of zombies, since the Cherno incident has already saturated the "city" type.

Is this how it works?

• Beans 1

On 2/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, Derleth said:

I'm trying to improve my zombie spawns and thought about increasing the <max> value in the various infected events, in order to avoid that, for example, a bunch of players triggering spawns in Cherno and fighting hordes there has the side effect that players approaching Berezino finds it empty of zombies, since the Cherno incident has already saturated the "city" type.

You can lower the clean-up time of dead infected from 5.5 minutes to 30 seconds, so the server can spawn infected again faster, where needed.

globals.xml:

CleanupLifetimeDeadInfected = 330

Also, maybe using Static max & min (smax & smin) in the zombie_territories.xml file can help you scatter around a minimum amount of infected where you need them to be always (Berezino, in this case) and reduce the usage of Dynamic spawns.

Regards Nominal:

I think that as long it has a lower value than the minimum, the minimum value wins.

So if "AnimalBear" has Nominal=0, min=2, max=2, and active is set to 1, the map will spawn 2 bears.

I know for a fact that raising the value of Nominal from 0 to a higher number than the max value, works.

I don't have enough experience with this and also trying to figure this out.

Edited by Tarkules
  • Like 1

Thanks, this helps me understand a bit more. Would be nice with some documentation so configuring servers was a little less trial and error..

• Thanks 1

nominal and min/max are actually pretty simple

say for bears your events should look something like this:

<event name="AnimalBear">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <min>2</min>
        <max>6</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>custom</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="1" type="Animal_UrsusArctos"/>
        </children>
    </event>

so we go through each line (as I know how it works)   

nominal - the average of spawns that happen on the server   (usually between the min and the max numbers)

min 2  - obviously the minimum of spawns that can occur on the server

max   -  the maximum amount of spawns of this type on the server that is occurring (or possibility of it occurring) on the server

life time - the length the spawn can stay around

restock is generally not used for event spawns

safe radius is how far away you need to be for the spawn not to happen or close down

the rest is generally set by BI

but the children is where it gets fun!   so bears are easy 1 bear per 1 spawn

but if we take wolves

<event name="AnimalWolf">
        <nominal>8</nominal>
        <min>4</min>
        <max>10</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="6" min="2" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="4" min="0" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>
    </event>

the children area is much different:    with 2 different variants of the wolf   1 grey 1 white (obviously)

but the fun part is the max/min    this refers to the amount of wolves in the pack     so you want 20 wolves in a pack with at least 10 buggers running after you?   set the min to a variation of 10 between each colour and set the max to a variation of 20 for each colour 

for example

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="12" min="6" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="8" min="4" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>

this should increase your wolves and help with any animal type

hope this helps 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if they are set to 0 or zero   then it reverts back to what the server is told to do in base game

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 7:11 AM, Derleth said:

Thanks, this helps me understand a bit more. Would be nice with some documentation so configuring servers was a little less trial and error..

and yes I had a hell of a time working this out and also the spawn areas are shit for wolves but that's an entirely different discussion   😏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mother1977 said:

the children area is much different:    with 2 different variants of the wolf   1 grey 1 white (obviously)

but the fun part is the max/min    this refers to the amount of wolves in the pack     so you want 20 wolves in a pack with at least 10 buggers running after you?   set the min to a variation of 10 between each colour and set the max to a variation of 20 for each colour 

for example

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="12" min="6" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="8" min="4" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>

this should increase your wolves and help with any animal type

hope this helps 😄

Right, I think I've got the nominal/min/max now. As for children, on infected I've noticed that they don't have a max value:

<event name="InfectedCity">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>50</nominal>
        <min>25</min>
        <max>250</max>
        <lifetime>3</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>300</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0.1</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>300</cleanupradius>
        <position>player</position>
        <limit>custom</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_BlueCollarFat_White"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_CitizenANormal_Beige"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_CitizenANormal_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_CitizenANormal_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_CitizenBSkinny"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_Clerk_Normal_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_Clerk_Normal_Green"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_Clerk_Normal_Red"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_Clerk_Normal_White"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_JournalistNormal_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_JournalistNormal_Green"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_JournalistNormal_Red"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_JournalistNormal_White"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_beige"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_black"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_checks"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_green"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_grey"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_red"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_stripes"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_white"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_ShortSkirt_yellow"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SkaterYoung_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SkaterYoung_Striped"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SkaterYoung_Violet"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SurvivorNormal_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SurvivorNormal_Orange"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SurvivorNormal_Red"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbF_SurvivorNormal_White"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenASkinny_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenASkinny_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenASkinny_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenASkinny_Red"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenBFat_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenBFat_Green"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CitizenBFat_Red"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_ClerkFat_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_ClerkFat_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_ClerkFat_Khaki"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_ClerkFat_White"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CommercialPilotOld_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CommercialPilotOld_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CommercialPilotOld_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_CommercialPilotOld_Olive"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_beige"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_black"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_bluechecks"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_greenchecks"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_grey"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_khaki"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_magenta"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_Jacket_stripes"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_JournalistSkinny"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_MotobikerFat_Beige"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_MotobikerFat_Black"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_SkaterYoung_Blue"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_SkaterYoung_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_SkaterYoung_Green"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="5" type="ZmbM_SkaterYoung_Grey"/>
        </children>
    </event>

On the City type they all have a minimum value of 5 but max is set to 0, so I suppose that means there is no upper limit. However in the vanilla zombieterritories no city spawn has more than 15 infected as maximum amount, so it would be hard to jam 5 of each city zombie (61 children in the list) into that spawn... I guess the figure is used for some randomisation logic to pick among the listed children for each zombie spawned for the encounter.

I've noticed - got another topic on that subject - that events with many possible children tend to only pick from the first 10 or so in the list. To get a mix of female and male zeds in cities I have changed the order of the children in my events.xml so there's one zmbf, one zmbm, one zmbf and so on through the whole list. I haven't tried reversing this in 1.07 so I don't know if it has changed, but in 1.06 there were only female infected spawning from the city type until I reordered the list. Opened a feedback ticket on that but it hasn't been reviewed yet.

Does anyone know what the "lootmax" value does? Maximum amount of possible loot items in cargo of the infected? Don't think I've ever seen a zed with more than 2 or maybe 3 items on it. I doubt their inventory would fit five items anyway...

Edited by Derleth

Also, maybe using Static max & min (smax & smin) in the zombie_territories.xml file can help you scatter around a minimum amount of infected where you need them to be always (Berezino, in this case) and reduce the usage of Dynamic spawns.

It doesn't work.

I tried to get a bear permenantly spawned at a fixed point by setting smin="1" smax="1" and the bear never spawn.

The only way was to delete all the other positions.

I want my bear always there at my position without deleting the other random positions and I can't find a way.

I tried to create a new event, but it doesn't work.  Animal events can't be reproduced.  Only Static event works but a static event for a bear result with a bear without behavior.

PLS, help me.

EDIT:

OK, I get it.

It seems a territory section is randomly choosen, and if it's choosen, then min and max is considered.

so I put this line in every territory section of the bear_territories.xml, and it spawns every time.

<!--custom-->
        <zone name="Graze" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="1" dmax="1" x="5316.82" z="9818.90" r="1"/>
 <!--custom-->

Edited by Didier Dewalque

LOVE this community sometimes!

with everything we don't have to work on server back ends, we have muddled through and found the answers for multiple questions in the one thread!  love it

sorry for not getting back to you with answers (real life sucks atm)

so for the zombie spawns if they are zero (0) then they are not capped. so ALOT can spawn but it does rely on server resources when a heap do spawn in and can affect the performance causing lag.  plus 50 or more zombs is insanely taxing and you really shouldn't go over about 40 -45 on spawn tops.  try capping them out, but make sure you know where the spawn area is and adjust to what you believe the area needs.

@Didier Dewalque  that's awesome!  i can so think of a few ways to make that being fantastic on a server, especially for events

On 2/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, Derleth said:

Does anyone know what the "lootmax" value does? Maximum amount of possible loot items in cargo of the infected? Don't think I've ever seen a zed with more than 2 or maybe 3 items on it. I doubt their inventory would fit five items anyway...

this includes the items that zombies carry   so a construction worker zombie can have (for example) a construction helmet, a vest, glasses, duct tape and a 9v   -  totally doable and have seen it on vanilla servers lol

• Beans 1