Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

Why is picking up items broken? When will this be resolved?

For background I've been playing the game for years, since the mod days. I know DayZ has always had bugs, and I stopped playing it about 6 months ago because I constantly picked up bugged weapons - to the point it was game breaking for me.

I keep on dropping in and out occasionally to see if this, and other things, have been resolved. Normally it hasn't.

This time we have a bug in picking up items and it happens in both vanilla and modded servers. I encountered this bug about a month ago - thought I'd let it slip and try again later. This is that later.

Essentially I cannot pick up anything other than transferring it to my empty hand via the UI then moving it across to my inventory. As you can imagine this is dreadful - and certainly not intended behaviour as there is a "take" option.

Here is a link to a video: https://streamable.com/73ob8

It's things like this that have ruined DayZ for me, from being someone who spent hundreds of hours per month to someone who barely even remembers DayZ is still installed. I can take the higher level bugs, things that are so complex that it's easy for them to be introduced but the bottom line is upon spawning within the first few seconds you shouldn't encounter a bug that almost instantly ruins any playthrough.

It is incredible to me that this could be considered a stable release if the very act of picking up items, something we all agree is fundamental to the game, is inherently flawed.

The cynic in me would suggest BI fix their fucking game before releasing paid DLC, but maybe that's my frustration coming out. I'm just annoyed that I've been stopped playing this game for what seems like 6-8 months now whether it be the "glitched gun" bug or this one.

Haven't played in a while. Another thing when picking up items, not a bug but... you have to simply tap the key to put it into your inventory (clothing or backpack) and to pick it up into your hands you have to hold the key. Isn't it logical if it was the other way around? I mean, it would take more time and effort for you to put an item into some bag on your back than to simply pick it up. Just curious a bit why is that, and perhaps that's quality of life solution?

We're you playing on experimental? I'm sure you know but the next patch 1.07 supposedly fixes that issue, i haven't seen anyone talk about it on the exp thread so im guessing it's fixed.

1 hour ago, Robzom11 said:

We're you playing on experimental? I'm sure you know but the next patch 1.07 supposedly fixes that issue, i haven't seen anyone talk about it on the exp thread so im guessing it's fixed. 

They do not need to guess ... there are already a lot of tickets from the experimental one, that the inventory is not working, 1.07 continues to get stuck in the inventory.

• Thanks 1

an example: i digged a sea chest, and sometime i un-dig, take or put an item and dig again. 

yesterday i un-dig as usual but....bad surprise, i can't dig again nor taking items or put new ones in.

But all is not lost, after several dangerous minutes i manage to hold magically in hands, un-log then restart, and all back to normal.

So don't give up when you have taking item bug, if it's worth the risk try every move

1.07 goes to stable tomorrow and that will be fixed.