DayzDayzFanboy

Police barrels

Has anyone noticed the appearance of barrels in police stations lately? Three times I've found them in three different police stations upstairs right in the doorway of the right hand most room. At first I thought someone had placed it there in an effort to block the door. You can climb over it into the room but it's a hell of a struggle to get out again and you can't pick them up. Is this a spawn location or some strange exploit of some sort? 

I've noticed that, not seen one I a while haven't played in a few weeks, are they fire barrels? Cos if not you should definitely be able to move them but you cant move fire barrels atall, campers used to use fire barrels to block off atc stairs

35 minutes ago, RyanS1994 said:

I've noticed that, not seen one I a while haven't played in a few weeks, are they fire barrels? Cos if not you should definitely be able to move them but you cant move fire barrels atall, campers used to use fire barrels to block off atc stairs

Can't remember what sort of barrels. Someone on reddit today said that fire barrels have to cool down before you can move them, but I'm sure they're bugged because I've found fresh spawned fire barrels that haven't been used and couldn't move them. 

2 minutes ago, Jake Blake said:

I never bother going into police stations due to garbage loot

Very true, though I often find pistol suppressors in them. I tend to avoid them too though, they tend to be idiot magnets! 

14 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

I check them cos its really easy to get a press vest and pump shotgun

Caught a guy directly three times earlier with a pump probably from only about 25 or 30 ft and he survived somehow. . Super disappointed in the damage of projectiles in this game right now. Any pistol caliber to the Head should kill you if it's a direct hit. . Including 22LR! Fact!

Edited by Jake Blake

On 2/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, Jake Blake said:

Any pistol caliber to the Head should kill you if it's a direct hit. . Including 22LR! Fact!

Not really, since there are hundreds of survivals of headshots. It really depends on the point of impact ie front of the skull, back of the skull, temple etc. 

Front of the skull, as in the forehead has high survivability whereas the back of the head and temple not so much. 

This is real life I'm talking about. 

If day z is in increasing realism in the game then it is totally plausible that a headshot from a pistol in the forehead will not be a 100% kill. 

Just saying. 

• Beans 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:24 PM, Thunderpants_AU said:

Not really, since there are hundreds of survivals of headshots. It really depends on the point of impact ie front of the skull, back of the skull, temple etc. 

Front of the skull, as in the forehead has high survivability whereas the back of the head and temple not so much. 

This is real life I'm talking about. 

If day z is in increasing realism in the game then it is totally plausible that a headshot from a pistol in the forehead will not be a 100% kill. 

Just saying. 

I never said bullets couldn't Ricochet off of human skulls. I clearly stated that any pistol caliber can easily penetrate your skull if it's a direct hit. I killed cows most of my life with 22LR and they have much thicker skulls than humans.

12 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

I never said bullets couldn't Ricochet off of human skulls. I clearly stated that any pistol caliber can easily penetrate your skull if it's a direct hit. I killed cows most of my life with 22LR and they have much thicker skulls than humans.

Okay, buddy. 

I quoted exactly what you said, so it is very clear what you did and did not say. 

Anyway, back on topic, I have not come across barrels in police stations, however I haven't entered the police hq buildings since the new update, if that is the buildings you are referring to, @DayzDayzFanboy

It certainly sounds like an odd place to spawn them...