Sign in to follow this  
Buakaw

Let's talk about recoil

..or accuracy rather. Every gun behaves like a sawn off double barrel when fired on auto now.

Whats up with it? Are people okay with this crap?

Notice how only the first bullet goes center and every other bullet goes around it. I understand deviation and inaccuracy, but this ain't it chief. This is pure bullshit.

Dayz 0.62= high recoil, high accuracy, felt realistic. Dayz 1.00= low recoil, extreme inaccuracy, feels like a joke.

inb4 noone cares cuz Dayz is about fishing

Edited by Buakaw
  • Beans 1

Well here is a test.

Dispersion values are about the same, or the same, for full auto and semi. If you look at the weapons bumping around you will notice they are hardly aligned at all times.

yLyvmk1.png

Of course it depends on the gun but I think the baseline thinking for mag dump accuracy should be "shotgun pattern".

8 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Dispersion values are about the same, or the same, for full auto and semi. If you look at the weapons bumping around you will notice they are hardly aligned at all times.

Of course it depends on the gun but I think the baseline thinking for mag dump accuracy should be "shotgun pattern".

Of course. But the deviation goes from able to hit targets to will miss 75% of bullets after firing only one shot.

For example 2 round or 3 round burst firing should yield accurate results in the 10-30m range. But it doesn't.

The first bullet goes center, the second bullet already goes like this:

Y0vJUeC.jpg

In arma 3 you can get an equal or tighter grouping full autoing an LMG on 200m than you can get with burst firing in Dayz on 25m. Also, stance doesn't even affect gun behaviour right now. I could be prone or walking and have the same results.

Here is how burst firing at 10m should look: 6Uo2Hvm.jpg

Here is what burst firing at 10m in dayz currently looks: 24xw7MR.jpg

Here is what burst firing at 100m can look:  fREQtP9.jpg

Here is what burst firing at 100m looks like in Dayz, being generous with the red dots here: TSSR9C3.jpg

It doesn't follow any logic, laws of physics or realistic gun behaviour. It's just there to deter you from doing anything other than single tapping.

Probably dumbed down for console players.

Edited by Buakaw

I think I made a good case but I guess noone actually cares enough

13 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Here is how burst firing at 10m should look: 6Uo2Hvm.jpg

And some weapons with a lower recoil should be tighter than this. Depends on experience also: I don't think DayZ player and his recoil should be representing a noob, but not Delta Force either. Also you will notice, recoil is not exactly appropriate for various weapons. Fire a FAL and fire an AKS-74U side by side...

I don't think old version was any more accurate in full auto. I remember AKM jumping around like crazy. And not even necessarily that "unrealistic."

10 m or 25 m in game can seem deceptively short though. Maybe I will make a silhouette and test on silhouette target at 10 and 25 m later and see about how many hits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I want this back.You'd be missing the door with 70% of your bullets currently if you'd try to do that. I will make a video.

Edited by Buakaw

15 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I want this back.You'd be missing the door with 70% of your bullets currently if you'd try to do that. I will make a video.

That's an exaggeration. I made a dimensioned silhouette target with a couple posts in the ground to show 10 m and 25 m distance, and I tested a few weapons. Some were really bad, others very accurate. Some weapons' recoils should pretty much be switched around with each other. The AKM though is definitely more controllable than 0.5X.

MP5K is like a sewing machine and spanks the UMP45. And you have to aim quite low and to the right when going full-auto with the Skorpion.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 1

Akm/aks are very accurate at the first shot then it starts kicking like a mule Just as IRL. 

If you think its controllable in Burst/auto then you should go to a firingrange and try it for yourself. You wont get decent results. 

Akm is known for its reliability not its accuracy. 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:21 AM, -Gews- said:

Okay, I was so wrong.

The M4a1 and AKM are actual laser beams as long as they have buttstock and handguard attached. But that only applies to fully automatic fire, not burst fire.

However I really don't think "recoil patterns" should exist in Dayz, such as the vz.61 in your video, where simply ALL the bullets stray 1m off the crosshair.

Nor should burst firing look like this at 25m.

PS: I didn't know of the offline mode mod when I took the video.