Sign in to follow this  
agresorxf

types.xml need explanation

aux7 - 

This generates packs of 12? would have thought that the children max should also have been increased. [Oops I will correct]

this is mod territory. Do you know how to use the tools? [No idea - any suggestion of a good website to go looking and learning?]

so two different spawn groups with the same point [But I wonder if the spawns are triggered at the same time. I would reckon having two spawns listed like this really only doubles the chances of wolves at that spot with the occasional double spawn]

One additional question - any suggestions on where to look to understand the map coordinates I see in many of the config files?

ok i thought i would help you out a bit

this is the map that i use to figure my coords out in 

https://dayz.ginfo.gg/livonia

secondly, if you increase your pack size and you don't want pussy cats running away after 2 or 3 killed then you need to increase your min in the child area at the bottom

for example 

the original xmls for wolf spawns are  (on livonia but can be used for cherno)

<event name="AnimalWolf">
        <nominal>11</nominal>
        <min>5</min>
        <max>7</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="3" min="2" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="3" min="1" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>
    </event>

totally off balance (and doesn't really scare anyone lets be honest! lol)

so mine atm (and is literally about to increase) is

<nominal>11</nominal>
        <min>5</min>
        <max>14</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="7" min="4" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="7" min="4" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>
    </event>

the minimum is the minimum of each type of wolf that spawns, not much help i know but from what players have seen about 30-45% kill of pack makes them run anyways. so the higher the minimum the more in the pack so therefore the more you have to kill before they run 

and yes you can add packs of 2 bears as well! the players on my server literally shit themselves when they hear bears now 😄 evil? i think so

3 hours ago, Gopher_nz said:

this is mod territory. Do you know how to use the tools? [No idea - any suggestion of a good website to go looking and learning?]

I learnt it by playing with it, I still use the arma tools  . . . the link below goes to a pbo file editor instruction for scripts. This link talks about stamina editing

https://josephtwheeler.wixsite.com/dayzstandaloneguide/forum/introductory-topics/scripts-and-stamina

it will help you get started . .. . from the pbos you can then get into the bin file editing (toolbox)

Matthew Longtime also does some good videos, he posts on here too. mostly about map editing

this forum under the modding section has some interesting references and comments.

Most of it (well for me anyway) has been a work it out for yourself thing ..  .

so two different spawn groups with the same point [But I wonder if the spawns are triggered at the same time. I would reckon having two spawns listed like this really only doubles the chances of wolves at that spot with the occasional double spawn]

there are two of these "double" spots I go past, and I almost always get two packs arrive. Wolf spawning is triggered and also random so . .. I dont know yet really how it works.

there is a spawn point up the road from my main base location, and I hear wolves there regularly, even though no one (other player) is there and I havent/am not anywhere near their trigger area

One additional question - any suggestions on where to look to understand the map coordinates I see in many of the config files?

I use several map providers, but Izurvive is the main one

pJ1G25p.jpg

y4dq0Y7.png

for this spawn point 540 is the x axis and 4252 is the y axis ( I dont know why they call it the z) and d is the height

I presume d is the spawning area. I have had wolves appear right  next to me . . . .

looking in the dayz workshop, there are several wolf mods available . . . . . .

• Like 1

How about this - should result in having to kill at least 8 or 9?

<nominal>22</nominal>
        <min>20</min>
        <max>22</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="11" min="10" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="11" min="10" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>

4 hours ago, Gopher_nz said:

How about this - should result in having to kill at least 8 or 9?

try it & see what happens . .

• Like 1

I did - a massive wolf pack appeared - all ran off after only four were shot 😞 Not sure where I went wrong.

57 minutes ago, Gopher_nz said:

I did - a massive wolf pack appeared - all ran off after only four were shot 😞 Not sure where I went wrong.

I dont think the wolf behaviour is determined by the numbers, I am still looking   . .. .

There is a mention of wolf behaviour described as "herd" not sure if this is relevent. My guess is that the behaviour is buried in a pbo

can i add more than one category and more than one usage to a type ? i want this gun to spawn in my shop but also around the map , would this be correct ?

<type name="M4A1">
    <nominal>20</nominal>
    <lifetime>28800</lifetime>
    <restock>1800</restock>
    <min>10</min>
    <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
    <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
    <cost>100</cost>
    <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0" />
    <category name="weapons" />
    <usage name="Military" />
    <value name="Tier3" />
    <value name="Tier4" />
    <category name="store"/>
    <usage name="Store" />
  </type>