Sign in to follow this  
agresorxf

types.xml need explanation

Hello. I run my own server and I want change how and where certain loot spawn but I dont uderstand how each line of code works. So I have fev questions.

1. Pls explain each line how it works. For example on this section.

<type name="AK_Bayonet">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <lifetime>14400</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>5</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier2"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
    </type>

2. What zone of the map are that tiers in code above and how many tiers are in total ?

3. How to set for example so Mosin will spawn only on top of fire station or on top of radio towers for example ?

I was search for help on google but I dont find any usefull information or infromations was older than my grandma.

2 hours ago, agresorxf said:

1. Pls explain each line how it works.

QJm388Z.png

2. What zone of the map are that tiers in code above and how many tiers are in total ?

there are four tiers for chernarus.

this is an old old map, there are newer, but more confusing. This gives the general gist of it. Tisy and  Troitskoe arent shown, but they are tier 4

if you get into the map editor, you can see more details

iWxS3Y6.png

3. How to set for example so Mosin will spawn only on top of fire station or on top of radio towers for example ?

oyJq9g2.png

something like this if you only wanted it to spawn at the firestation. Radio towers are police spawns from memory, but it might be different now

Edited by aux7
  • Thanks 1

Thx mate for reply but still have some questions.

Lifetime and restock - how its counts ? 1 is one min, hour, game days ?

restock is set to "0" so that means that specific item wont spawn any more if reach maximum amount ?

quantmin and max is set to -1 how that works ? Why is mionus there not just "1" for exasmple.

1 hour ago, agresorxf said:

Lifetime and restock - how its counts ? 1 is one min, hour, game days ?

seconds

TxelyOX.png

restock is set to "0" so that means that specific item wont spawn any more if reach maximum amount ?

it means there will be no delay before it respawns.

the limitation on spawning is determined by the flags count and the nominal permitted amount. if the count equals the nominal, then no more will spawn

quantmin and max is set to -1 how that works ? Why is mionus there not just "1" for exasmple.

it means that it will be a randomly generated number (for the ammunition) if it was one in both then only one round would spawn.

for single items like rifles, its meaningless

• Thanks 1

TxelyOX.png

Its that some aplication to create types.xml ? If Yes could You give a link to it ?

Edited by agresorxf

Its that some aplication to create types.xml ? If Yes could You give a link to it ?

its not a public application, its dropped into excel. I have a macro that then mods it

use notepad++ to edit and add stuff to types and other game files

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aux7 said:

its not a public application, its dropped into excel. I have a macro that then mods it

use notepad++ to edit and add stuff to types and other game files

Thx mate. You are pro 😄

Another questions.

1. How to set up what spawn in zeds inventory. I want make lower quantity of food spawning in them.

2. How to set custom equipment for fresch spawned players. Want to make some random gear for more role play style like some medic, soldeir, police offcier equipment etc.

21 minutes ago, agresorxf said:

1. How to set up what spawn in zeds inventory. I want make lower quantity of food spawning in them.

kb4onKo.png

cfgrandompresets gives the chance of stuff spawning in infected cargo. So delete the food . .. . Hermit/army/city/village or edit the chance of it appearing

23 minutes ago, agresorxf said:

2. How to set custom equipment for fresch spawned players. Want to make some random gear for more role play style like some medic, soldeir, police offcier equipment etc.

iyj3FB7.png

this is where to edit the player, you need to edit the random player and void the clothes chosen player

• Thanks 1

Ahh one more thing. I need to make my server automaticly update mods and I read about couple of ways but no idea with one is better.

29 minutes ago, agresorxf said:

Ahh one more thing. I need to make my server automaticly update mods and I read about couple of ways but no idea with one is better.

I use a .bat file to update. Note that I have my Dayz direct on the c drive

@echo off
TITLE Aux7 - Data Backup
COLOR 0A
echo Start time copy process : %time:~0,8%
echo copy of directories is underway
echo Only new or modified files are listed
echo please wait
xcopy "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\*.*" C:\DayZServer\*.* /S /D /Y /R
echo End time copy process : %time:~0,8%
PAUSE

this is the bat file as standalone for the server files, but you can also write it in your main start bat file. Problem is you have to make sure the server files under steam have updated.

you can write a bat file using steam command and your steam password to connect to steam and update directly, but I dont like leaving my passwords in open files. Also accessing and downloading through steam is slow. I used to just check steam directly, and update the original files and the server would automatically update from the original files on restart.

if you look on git hub or on here you should be able to find several versions of bat files that you can use

17 hours ago, agresorxf said:

I need to make my server automaticly update mods

Dayz server how to from reddit. Also shows how to set player loadouts and clothing on spawn

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9hamlp/the_dayz_server_owner_howto_and_faq/

git hub bat file examples

https://gist.github.com/cp6/04ae70c87c44496d4288482958e7b2db

server monitor with updater

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/245162-servermonitor-with-updater-including-mod-updates/?tab=comments#comment-2437996

another example bat file and server stuff

https://write.corbpie.com/installing-and-setting-up-a-dayz-standalone-server-on-windows-server-2016-guide/

Its some guns there like "ak101" set to 5 and "ak101 black" set to 0

Never found in game guns like ak101 black etc. I understand that so they are set to "0" and thats why I never found them but dont understand why they are set to 0. Its like that bicouse of they are not implemented in to the game yet ?

Edited by agresorxf

I have some mods installed on my server and now dont know what to do. I should copy code from types.xml mod file and paste it in to types.xml Dayz file or I dont have to do it and items from mod will spawn in the map any way ?

On 2/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, agresorxf said:

Its some guns there like "ak101" set to 5 and "ak101 black" set to 0 Never found in game guns like ak101 black etc. I understand that so they are set to "0" and thats why I never found them but dont understand why they are set to 0. Its like that bicouse of they are not implemented in to the game yet ?

ak101 black is not in the game "yet" You basically mod an ak101 with paint. same goes for any black or green weapon. Paint has not yet returned to the game . .. .

On 2/2/2020 at 5:45 PM, agresorxf said:

I have some mods installed on my server and now dont know what to do. I should copy code from types.xml mod file and paste it in to types.xml Dayz file or I dont have to do it and items from mod will spawn in the map any way ?

for the mods you have added there should be an associated file that you paste into your servers types file. Otherwise nothing from your mod will spawn

First of all I have to say that this thread has been extremely useful and informative as I administer my own server. I do have one question. I changed the minimum number and nominal number on mil tents, car tents and sea chests - ensuring that some spawn. I uploaded the types.xml file and started the server back up. Am I right in thinking this should result in additional items appearing, or is there something I else I need to do. A group of use have been searching for a few days and none of us have found the items.

3 hours ago, Gopher_nz said:

I changed the minimum number and nominal number on mil tents, car tents and sea chests - ensuring that some spawn. I uploaded the types.xml file and started the server back up. Am I right in thinking this should result in additional items appearing, or is there something I else I need to do. A group of use have been searching for a few days and none of us have found the items.

hi

so youve changed sea chests (and the others) nominal and  min.

ggR0EZL.png

to what numbers exactly?

It counts in player and map, but not hoarder. I suspect that burying the sea chest would result in it not being counted

The tents are counted in map, player and cargo, but I am not sure about tents set up . ..

How  long has your server been running since a wipe?

Is your server public or private (passworded)

what are your average daily player numbers (new & regular)?

You have to remember that there are a huge number of locations for these items to spawn in and a huge number of items to spawn through these points. Tied into which they seem to be changing the spawn points of a lot of things.

At one location I monitored for a couple of hours, there were nearly nineteen items spawning through it, and there seems to be a format to what spawns as it was repeatable. Its the whole reason that people loot cycle . . ..

Basically, there will be more chests etc, but you have to be patient.

Yeah I finally found a chest after we were all looking across the map and 2 car tents. We know prior to the changes we had acquired all available so we believe these new finds are as a result of the most recent changes.

As for count I set sea chests min at 15 and nominal at 20 to force the appearance of at least 5 chests.

I have another question. I want to increase the size of the wolf packs to 12. Pretty easily done in events as per below:

<event name="AnimalWolf">
        <nominal>12</nominal>
        <min>8</min>
        <max>12</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="6" min="2" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="4" min="0" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>

The problem I am having is stopping 9 from running off when three are killed or having roaming groups of two wolves. Any suggestions? 

I could not get much insight from reddit but one person suggested rather than having one group of 12 maybe have 2-3 groups of 3-5 (default). Not sure how to force three groups to spawn at the same location at the same time. Again any suggestion?

2 hours ago, Gopher_nz said:

I have another question. I want to increase the size of the wolf packs to 12. Pretty easily done in events as per below:

<event name="AnimalWolf">
        <nominal>12</nominal>
        <min>8</min>
        <max>12</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="6" min="2" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="4" min="0" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>

This generates packs of 12? would have thought that the children max should also have been increased.

The problem I am having is stopping 9 from running off when three are killed or having roaming groups of two wolves. Any suggestions? 

I believe that this is "wolf behaviour" and its hard coded

this is mod territory. Do you know how to use the tools?

one person suggested rather than having one group of 12 maybe have 2-3 groups of 3-5 (default). Not sure how to force three groups to spawn at the same location at the same time. Again any suggestion?

there are on some spawning areas, double spawns. so you get two packs

from wolf territories

O6W1zZ6.png

so two different spawn groups with the same point