JMachadeX

Feedback from New player in DayZ

Hello everyone 🙂

First of all, DayZ is a really great game, i really like it, me and my brother we bought this game recently we just have like 26 hours in game, we are old WarZ / Infestation Survivor Stories, and now we moved to DayZ and we are enjoying a lot. DayZ is more realistic than WarZ in Survival aspect, but of course there are many things in DayZ that need a lot of improvements or even reworks.

things that i think they should reconsider/Improve

• Loot - should be improved/tweaked - Not much tweaked but a little bit.
  • More variety of Loot - Weapons, Clothes, Items, Melee weapons, Bagpacks, Masks etc...
  • Zombies - Should be really improved, they have a huge desync
  • Animations - Should be improved, seems have some lag even with great ping. Should be more responsive.
  • Inventory - really need improvements, have some bugs when you pick items.
  • About puting ammo on weapons, this is another thing that i think should be more friendly, you have lot work to do before give a shot. You have to remove the mag, then put ammo into mag, and then put mag into weapon...i think if we have the correct ammo of that weapon even with empty mag into the weapon, if we press R it should reload automaticaly.
  • Please FIX desync in game

I think that´s all for now, anyway this game is really good and have a lot of potential, just make the correct things 🙂

Edited by JMachadeX

1 hour ago, JMachadeX said:

Hello everyone 🙂

First of all, DayZ is a really great game, i really like it, me and my brother we bought this game recently we just have like 26 hours in game, we are old WarZ / Infestation Survivor Stories, and now we moved to DayZ and we are enjoying a lot. DayZ is more realistic than WarZ in Survival aspect, but of course there are many things in DayZ that need a lot of improvements or even reworks.

• More variety of Loot - Weapons, Clothes, Items, Melee weapons, Bagpacks, Masks etc...
  • Animations - Should be improved, seems have some lag even with great ping. Should be more responsive.
  • About puting ammo on weapons, this is another thing that i think should be more friendly, you have lot work to do before give a shot. You have to remove the mag, then put ammo into mag, and then put mag into weapon...i think if we have the correct ammo of that weapon even with empty mag into the weapon, if we press R it should reload automaticaly.

I think that´s all for now, anyway this game is really good and have a lot of potential, just make the correct things 🙂

Welcome to DayZ!

One good thing it has no safezones to go and save your loot. It has some ways of storing loot but not like the "you are now in a safezone" nonsense. 

Altho that economy paid my server for several years 🤣

18 hours ago, McWendy said:

Welcome to DayZ!

One good thing it has no safezones to go and save your loot. It has some ways of storing loot but not like the "you are now in a safezone" nonsense. 

Altho that economy paid my server for several years 🤣

yes, no safezones is a great thing, in ISS we had safezones and i saved so many loot and in the end i used nothing...still well dayz dont have it, so we are forced to use our main loot, that is so good 😄

On 1/5/2020 at 11:39 AM, JMachadeX said:

About puting ammo on weapons, this is another thing that i think should be more friendly, you have lot work to do before give a shot. You have to remove the mag, then put ammo into mag, and then put mag into weapon...i think if we have the correct ammo of that weapon even with empty mag into the weapon, if we press R it should reload automaticaly.

Everything you posted is good feedback, and things I am sure that everyone wants to see fixed.   Except for this quoted text above...

While I don't enjoy the current way that you have to take the magazine into your inventory or to the ground, put away the weapon, pick up the magazine, load it, put it away, get the weapon back in hands, and finally insert the magazine; I believe there is some middle ground that doesn't involve magically teleporting bullets through metal.

DayZ was never intended to be the kind of game where you could fill a magazine without removing it.

That being said, it would be nice if you could remove the magazine to hands in one action rather than 3. After all, they do let you hold both the magazine and gun while inserting it to the gun.

Gun in hands: right click on magazine--remove to hands.---->Gun goes to back slot or inventory slot that it normally occupies.

Drag ammo to magazine to reload.

Drag gun back to hands, still holding magazine, and receive prompt to swap or combine.

Player animation of digging in inventory, magazine goes to pocket, gun goes to hands and normal reload animation is performed.

It's still a few steps, but definitely better than the convoluted mess we are currently forced to deal with.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 2:39 PM, JMachadeX said:

Hello everyone 🙂

Hello, welcome to the forum. You're posting in the wrong section. You should be posting this here: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/122-new-player-discussion/

• Loot - Loot is configurable by server administrators...not a game issue. 1.06 stock CLE (types.xml) is the best it's ever been.
  • Infected - Infected don't have lag, it's you.
  • Animations - Again, it's you. Google 'DayZ Network Bubble' in relation to your ping reference.
  • Inventory - Known bug, please read the changelogs.
  • Ammo - No problem...this is intended and the perfect system (this isn't an intended shooter but a SURVIVAL SIMULATION), again it's you.
  • Desync - Your system is inferior in one or more ways. Not enough RAM, poor processor, gaming laptop, old GPU, etc.

You should open a ticket for performance related issues. You can do that here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

Hope this helps!