Papa cHris 343

Everyone on here is so toxic.

Playing Livonia and haven’t come across one person that hasn’t tried to KOS me. And I’ve come across A LOT of people. 

just makes the game less fun knowing you can never have friendly interactions. 

Yep.  Nearly everybody I've ran across has tried to kill me. One guy, waited behind a door and attacked me as I had no idea he was there.  I knocked him out with a sledgehammer and tied him up and started taking all his food.  THEN he wanted to talk.  Wanted to be friends.  

No.  You attack first.  We're not friends.  You better kill me or you're going back to Brena or Kambiwobobrody or whatever it's called.  

I got one friend I play this game with.  If you ever want someone to play with and you ain't gunna just shoot me in the face, my gamertag is Sparlywag on xbox.  

Public servers are always going to be full of casual player who are only interested in killing people. Get yourself on a good private server like the NCRP servers.

It all depends on what stage you meet them. I have tried to speak to people while geared and I've been killed. but I've also talked down conflict. It all depends on the situation.

Don't get me wrong, KoS is a bigger problem but I think that is more about player being in Xbox Parties rather then in game.

recently I've talked to a few players who didn't talk back for a few seconds and stood dead still then started talking, obviously leaving their party, it really just depends on the person but i find a fair amount of friendly players, I convinced a guy in atc I was a squad of 4 and got him to put his hands up and walk downstairs then he saw it was just me and we ran together for a while both fully geared.

I know there are friendly people out there I just have had some bad luck the last few days. I keep trying to talk first before shooting but it keeps getting me killed lol

Just now, Papa cHris 343 said:

I know there are friendly people out there I just have had some bad luck the last few days. I keep trying to talk first before shooting but it keeps getting me killed lol

never talk to someone unless you have the advantage, it can go a long way for them to trust you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

never talk to someone unless you have the advantage, it can go a long way for them to trust you

This for sure. If you are able to hold someone up then they've got less of a chance to be anything but friendly. While being the one to talk will put you at a disadvantage in the wider scheme of things, hopefully you will have flanked the other person first which would buy you that split second to counter that disadvantage if they don't seem like they want to play ball (but it is a risk either way). However, even if it ends in bloodshed, I have always found this sort of interaction to still have been more satisfying than any camp 'n snipe scenario. 

Just now, Skofield_Kid said:

This for sure. If you are able to hold someone up then they've got less of a chance to be anything but friendly. While being the one to talk will put you at a disadvantage in the wider scheme of things, hopefully you will have flanked the other person first which would buy you that split second to counter that disadvantage if they don't seem like they want to play ball (but it is a risk either way). However, even if it ends in bloodshed, I have always found this sort of interaction to still have been more satisfying than any camp 'n snipe scenario. 

agreed, this game has too many encounters that are too similiar to a inglorious bastards style Mexican standoff which isn't very fun for anyone

I’ve had a mixed bag of interactions.  It does get frustrating with the frenetic KOS ruts you can find yourself in, but you just rinse/repeat and eventually you’ll have a story to tell at some point.  This game creates some dynamic adventures you can’t find anywhere else.  

Not everyone will try kill you, but I reckon maybe 1 in 20 people will play nice. I've had fresh spawns hit me, I've threatened them with a gun and let them be, and they have still followed and tried to kill me again. I hit them back with a knife as a final warning and they pretended to fall back, only to try sneak up on my a 3rd time, at which point I just shot them. Almost nobody is friendly on console, and it's a self purpetuating problem, now everybody is expecting to be killed on sight, everyone plays it safe and goes first. 

I've tried a few times with a fresh spawn to to be friendly and go out of my way to show non aggression, people will shoot you anyway. People will even be your friend for a while and then just shoot you when your not looking 2 hours in just for your loot. The gane is what it is, you're just gonna have to deal with it I'm afraid.