frodrick

1.08 and still no bugfixes.

it a joke, 2 patches and still no fixes for serious bugs. 
For real how many ppl have issues with shrooms turned the wrong way??
My official thought of BI is that this company is a frecking joke, no forum activity or no bugfixing. thanks for nothing...

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

We are still at 1.06 if I am not mistaken. Just saying...

Uhm no, i got the game at 1.05, then 1.06 were supposed to come, but on ps4 its had version nr 1.07 (levonia 8gb) and last nite a 1.3gb 1.08 patch downloaded. 

So 2 big paches but no major bugs were fixed. 

Let me quote 1 totally idiotic thing they fixed in last nites patch

"Dayz PS4 update 1.08 fixed: The boletus mushroom would spawn with a wrong rotation" 

Who the hell cares about a mushroom when game is unplayable due to gamebreaking freezes and random crashes? 

Edited by frodrick
Spelling
  • Like 2

Just now, frodrick said:

Uhm no, i got the game at 1.05, then 1.06 were supposed to come, but on ps4 its had version nr 1.07 (levonia 8gb) and last nite a 1.3gb 1.08 patch downloaded. 

Let me quote 1 totally idiotic thing they fixed in last nites patch

"Dayz PS4 update 1.08 fixed: The boletus mushroom would spawn with a wrong rotation" 

Who the hell cares about a mushroom when game is unplayable due to gamebreaking freezes and random crashes? 

it might have been a good idea to do some research of the game before buying it, maybe by looking at xboxs current state prior to 1.0, I'm sorry you paid so much for this buggy game but you only have yourself to blame

17 minutes ago, frodrick said:

Ummm no.

26 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Ummm no.

The version shown when updating on the PS4 is different than what they refer to. That's what he meant with the 1.08. We are on 1.06 but that's not his point.

I agree with the OP. Seems BI simply tries to fix what they broke in the previous updates without addressing the long standing, persistent issues like the inventory bugs, lag spikes with vehicles, etc. 

Some had been pointing to one of the blurbs in the patch notes as an indicator to addressing inventory issues but as I discovered yesterday, I think it was more specific as items still got stuck in my session requiring a server restart.

It seems like the game now runs better for me in regard to the frequency of these inventory issues but no better than it was with 1.05 after this patch.

.....so once again, a new, major update that never addressed the core problems with the game but introduces new bugs, and a patch / hotfix that simply addresses the new bugs but not the core issues. That is the main point here.

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

it might have been a good idea to do some research of the game before buying it, maybe by looking at xboxs current state prior to 1.0, I'm sorry you paid so much for this buggy game but you only have yourself to blame

He's not even talking about purchasing the game. Smh. He's talking about the shit development and lack of communication.

This is what's wrong with gaming nowadays 😂 I gotta do "research" on a game first lmao

• Like 1

I haven't played in a while because one of these updates lost us some viable gear but I just tested and they did fix one thing I seen
which was the quickslot selection, You don't get frozen in place anymore like you have cement shoes, 

I'm the biggest critic of this game I like to thing sometimes but I guess some progress is better than none at all at this point. 

Just remember this if you are interested in rust coming out in 2020, Just wait for others to buy it before you make that buy. 

5 hours ago, Anwah said:

I haven't played in a while because one of these updates lost us some viable gear but I just tested and they did fix one thing I seen
which was the quickslot selection, You don't get frozen in place anymore like you have cement shoes, 

I'm the biggest critic of this game I like to thing sometimes but I guess some progress is better than none at all at this point. 

Just remember this if you are interested in rust coming out in 2020, Just wait for others to buy it before you make that buy. 

Yeah....  That glitch was in the patch notes.  Again, something they broke with the update but fixed. Just wished they concentrated on a big update that focused on the core issues they seem to ignore with each TU, optimization, etc.

Personally I don't believe it's the OPs fault like someone else mentioned.  BI sold DayZ on PS4 as a 1.0 release when it honestly should have never left beta.  .....and now they are even doing physical copies.

In my case, I followed DayZ since the mod. I knew the issues with the stand alone and the drama.  .....but then I saw a different side of BI. One that had them stepping up to the plate and making a push to refine the game.  Yeah, maybe one can say I bought what BI was selling in regard to their renewed commitment to the game just before and during PS4s release. Shame on me for believing what they were promising to us.  ....but they were communicating and owning up to & discussing the issues.  Now it's a huge 180 from those days as their communication in regard to the biggest problems many folks have with this game is all but non existent at this point.

......but just because some people were fooled by BI doesn't mean they haven't the right to complain about it.  Quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, frodrick said:

it a joke, 2 patches and still no fixes for serious bugs. 
For real how many ppl have issues with shrooms turned the wrong way??
My official thought of BI is that this company is a frecking joke, no forum activity or no bugfixing. thanks for nothing...

I guess you are new here? 

This game will never ever be fixed, no matter what price tag the dev's come up with, no matter how many dlc's they charge you. 

When is enough, enough? 

When will players learn? 

Atleast xbox gave me a refund, Sony refused so i'm stuck with the ps4 version. Tried it the other night... Still buggy, still glitchy, still too much hassle. 

But they did re-implement the ability to switch weapons while moving. Wow..... Nope, not impressed. 

Just now, Esmy said:

He's not even talking about purchasing the game. Smh. He's talking about the shit development and lack of communication.

This is what's wrong with gaming nowadays 😂 I gotta do "research" on a game first lmao

you said it yourself thats what gaming is nowadays so yes you should research it

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

you said it yourself thats what gaming is nowadays so yes you should research it

A 1.0 release should not need to be researched!
Its like selling a Concept car as a production model where the steeringwheel falls of.

in reality a Production model will be recalled if a serious problem occured

One of my big problem with this is that BI dont communicate, they dont say there working on the problem or anything. 
If i were BI i would drop all new shit and try to get rid of all bugs first, and after that start adding contet until next bug appears and fix that.

Its like having a clogged toilet where noone try to fix it, instead everyone takes a shit and adds more until its full and starts pouring over the edge.

But like many gamecompanys if they have a newer game they dont care for the older ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

I said that's what's wrong, not that's what it is. Don't put words in my mouth.

There are plenty of games that run as intended and need no research whatsoever.

On 12/14/2019 at 4:06 AM, frodrick said:

A 1.0 release should not need to be researched!
Its like selling a Concept car as a production model where the steeringwheel falls of.

in reality a Production model will be recalled if a serious problem occured

One of my big problem with this is that BI dont communicate, they dont say there working on the problem or anything. 
If i were BI i would drop all new shit and try to get rid of all bugs first, and after that start adding contet until next bug appears and fix that.

Its like having a clogged toilet where noone try to fix it, instead everyone takes a shit and adds more until its full and starts pouring over the edge.

But like many gamecompanys if they have a newer game they dont care for the older ones.

What in red should be the title of this development cycle, Literally. 

Just now, Esmy said:

I said that's what's wrong, not that's what it is. Don't put words in my mouth.

There are plenty of games that run as intended and need no research whatsoever.

your right there are plenty of games that run as intended and need no research and then there's all the games that dont