Sign in to follow this  
justice5150

Anyone know of any private med-high pop US vanilla servers?

Getting old of the normal servers, and the fact that loot that's buried counts towards the overall loot economy (ppl call it CLE or something like that) 

Basically hoarders hoarding, no chance for ppl like me to get the good stuff. 

Trying to find a US server that's private & vanilla? No modded pls! 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

There’s a few first person only servers that get high pop. Sadly nobody likes vanilla only and want mods.

Edited by nhow7108
  • Beans 1

Central Loot Economy = CLE. It's a major part of the game's design, creating attrition and shortages. Riddle me this: If everything is in the ground or in bases, is it no longer retrievable? Now you can't run somewhere and just point and click, but have to become more resourceful. In an apocalypse, if you're late to the party, you don't get anything because there's no communist government rations waiting for you with your name on it. "Oh, let's just politely loot this and leave something for the next guy," said no one, ever.

P.S. You are not entitled to getting any good stuff. Or anything at all for that matter.

2 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Central Loot Economy = CLE. It's a major part of the game's design, creating attrition and shortages. Riddle me this: If everything is in the ground or in bases, is it no longer retrievable? Now you can't run somewhere and just point and click, but have to become more resourceful. In an apocalypse, if you're late to the party, you don't get anything because there's no communist government rations waiting for you with your name on it. "Oh, let's just politely loot this and leave something for the next guy," said no one, ever.

P.S. You are not entitled to getting any good stuff. Or anything at all for that matter.

There has to be a balance though because this isn't an actual apocalypse, it's a game.

Your description of the CLE is opposite to what it actually is -- replenishing loot where there is a shortage, not creating shortages.

If people have gathered all the ARs on a server and buried them somewhere, meaning because of the current design of the CLE there will be no more ARs present above ground, how are you supposed to become more resourceful with that?  Chernarus is a 225 square km map and Livonia 163 and that stash could be anywhere!  Unless somebody leaks the location where those guns have been buried, you ain't firing no AR now, are ya?

The point being made here is every player deserves the chance at a similar experience, but with loot hoarding, the current CLE prevents that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

There has to be a balance though because this isn't an actual apocalypse, it's a game.

Your description of the CLE is opposite to what it actually is -- replenishing loot where there is a shortage, not creating shortages.

If people have gathered all the ARs on a server and buried them somewhere, meaning because of the current design of the CLE there will be no more ARs present above ground, how are you supposed to become more resourceful with that?  Chernarus is a 225 square km map and Livonia 163 and that stash could be anywhere!  Unless somebody leaks the location where those guns have been buried, you ain't firing no AR now, are ya?

The point being made here is every player deserves the chance at a similar experience, but with loot hoarding, the current CLE prevents that.

Thank you, took a lot of what I was going to say right out of my mouth. 

We shouldn't be forced to use 30% of guns just because everyone hoarded it. This is a game, not real life. 

You guys aren't getting the idea of what the CLE is at all. What you are suggesting is similar to going to the museum with your own paint and brush, then painting your own shit over the artwork. Think about it.

• Confused 1

Also if you think that everyone is entitled to a similar experience, play CoD.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

You guys aren't getting the idea of what the CLE is at all. What you are suggesting is similar to going to the museum with your own paint and brush, then painting your own shit over the artwork. Think about it.

Really? And who are you the dayz master? Lol  i'm of the same opinion it'd be more like the modd. tired of spending weeks looking for ak, m4 or lar ect ect. 

Edited by Chris Dowdell
Ezy being a troll.
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, drgullen said:

If people have gathered all the ARs on a server and buried them somewhere, meaning because of the current design of the CLE there will be no more ARs present above ground, how are you supposed to become more resourceful with that?

Let me spell it out for you... Get a sledgehammer, or similar tool. With me so far? Go out searching for bases. Too scared? Grab a shovel. Look at the environment with a critical eye. Then ask yourself, "If I were an AR hoarding piece of shit, where would I hide it?"

Here's an interesting bit of wisdom that could be metaphorically applied: "It's called fishing, not catching."

Also, go check heli crash sites, that's where I have found all my ARs in the past.(Total of 3 since July 2019.)

It's like you guys think that these High Tier weapons should be plentiful and readily available to every idiot running around.

3 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

It's like you guys think that these High Tier weapons should be plentiful and readily available to every idiot running around.

I used the AR simply as an example since it was mentioned in another post on a similar topic.  I think you're missing the point.

The point is no single item, weather it be a weapon, a car part, a base-building piece, whatever -- no item should be allowed to be hoarded to the point that it becomes unavailable to everyone else on the server.  All players should at least have the chance to loot any item in the game -- that doesn't mean you're necessarily going to find that item, but said item should either already be present somewhere in a loot spawn point or have a chance to be spawned by the CLE during that server session. 

• Like 1

Have you ever tried looking for a buried stash? It's almost impossible, given the shear size of the Chernarus/Livonia maps, and given how tiny and hard to see a little mound of dirt is. 

Not everyone hoards things in bases. That would be much easier, albeit very very hard to find. 

22 hours ago, drgullen said:

I used the AR simply as an example since it was mentioned in another post on a similar topic.  I think you're missing the point.

The point is no single item, weather it be a weapon, a car part, a base-building piece, whatever -- no item should be allowed to be hoarded to the point that it becomes unavailable to everyone else on the server.  All players should at least have the chance to loot any item in the game -- that doesn't mean you're necessarily going to find that item, but said item should either already be present somewhere in a loot spawn point or have a chance to be spawned by the CLE during that server session. 

I agree that those things should be available, but not the ARs.  There is a reason that there are only 4 LARs and over 100 IJ-70s in the CLE.  

Also, I'm not trolling anyone, I'm trying to be honest.  The CLE is a major portion of the game design and it is that way to create a specific landscape within each server.  I'm not going to sit here and discuss all the nuances of this system.  Just go read the wiki and then we can have an intelligent conversation about nominal counts, why there are so little of certain items, etc. 

Let me reiterate: YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO GETTING ALL THE BEST GUNS.  And you don't even NEED guns to play this game!!!  All of you complaining about the availability of ARs are taking a Battle Royale mindset into the server with you, when in fact, this game is so much more than just getting geared up and killing other geared players.  That idea is literally less than 5% of this game.

23 hours ago, justice5150 said:

Have you ever tried looking for a buried stash? It's almost impossible, given the shear size of the Chernarus/Livonia maps, and given how tiny and hard to see a little mound of dirt is. 

Not everyone hoards things in bases. That would be much easier, albeit very very hard to find. 

Yes, I have found four buried stashes. No, they are not easy to find.  But I'm not complaining about it.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:03 AM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Yes, I have found four buried stashes. No, they are not easy to find.  But I'm not complaining about it.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not complaining about finding buried stashes, far from it. 

I'm saying its an unfair system, when people can hoard & that's the end of the story.

Whether or not your opinion differs, its factual that a few having everything while the majority have nothing is unfair. That's literally the definition of unfair. 

I invite you to jump on one of these servers (ATL-225, ATL-274, DAL-100, DAL-067) and actively, keyword actively, hunt down a buried stash and share the clip with me. 

Finding stashes or bases by sheer chance is  A LOT different than hunting them down. 

Searching a single mountainside for buried stashes would take an entire day.

(censored)

Gave a server name, & location of my stash and told mister stash finder to find it. He won't lol. Not gonna keep my base info on forums tho. 

Edited by justice5150

7 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

I agree that those things should be available, but not the ARs.  There is a reason that there are only 4 LARs and over 100 IJ-70s in the CLE.  

Yes, because 80% of the loot in a miliary base should be off-limits. (Scopes, Magazines, Ammunition, Butt-stocks, Grips,ect.) 

I dunno if you've played DayZ before 1.05 patch, but there were ARs everywhere north. 

All the way from 1.00-1.05 that's what was normal, before people started hoarding. 

Edited by justice5150

You're complaining about others burying guns and hoarding loot, and just said this about your personal stash: 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:06 PM, justice5150 said:

And it is spread out, over 60 stashes, if you spent hours and hours searching, by your logic, you'd find it. 

Low-balling the math, even if half of those were mini dry sacks and the other half were wooden crates, that still equals 2100 storage space. Fourteen barrels...

And yes, I would find them. But I won't be wasting my time.

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

You're complaining about others burying guns and hoarding loot, and just said this about your personal stash: 

Low-balling the math, even if half of those were mini dry sacks and the other half were wooden crates, that still equals 2100 storage space. Fourteen barrels...

And yes, I would find them. But I won't be wasting my time.

LOL sure my dude! Good luck out there.