TheYetiBum

Sickness & Health System

Hi

Id like to ask the community & @Greensek for there feedback on a few things I've noticed about the health & immunity systems of DayZ, in the hope I can get some clarity on whether certain items are bugged or are meant to have functions that have never been directly explained in FAQ's about said systems.

• Should alcohol tincture & disinfectant spray clean dirty water making it safe to drink as well as clean items that may have come into contact with cholera? (as it currently does purify water just as well as Chlorine tablets)
  • Should Multi-Vitamins cure all diseases as well as bolster immunity against diseases? (as currently they act exactly the same as Tetra antibiotics and will cure Cholera)

These are the two things I have noticed which seem to stand out as potentially unintentional, I understand the rest of the depth of the health system & have read all the Articles directly released by DayZ, etc. But have never seen these items having descriptions allowing them to do these actions. 

Just a curious gamer out here trying to science  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

Hi

Id like to ask the community & @Greensek for there feedback on a few things I've noticed about the health & immunity systems of DayZ, in the hope I can get some clarity on whether certain items are bugged or are meant to have functions that have never been directly explained in FAQ's about said systems.

• Should alcohol tincture & disinfectant spray clean dirty water making it safe to drink as well as clean items that may have come into contact with cholera? (as it currently does purify water just as well as Chlorine tablets)
  • Should Multi-Vitamins cure all diseases as well as bolster immunity against diseases? (as currently they act exactly the same as Tetra antibiotics and will cure Cholera)

These are the two things I have noticed which seem to stand out as potentially unintentional, I understand the rest of the depth of the health system & have read all the Articles directly released by DayZ, etc. But have never seen these items having descriptions allowing them to do these actions. 

Just a curious gamer out here trying to science  

I think that alcohol added to water should have some effect on the purity. Maybe chlorine tablets are 100% guaranteed to purify whereas alcohol still gives a small percentage chance of infection, or, or doesn't quench thirst as effectively. Kinda like drinking vodka wouldn't hydrate like water would! 

I definitely don't think vitamins should cure anything. I do think they should maybe help reduce the chance of becoming ill. 

• Like 2

The vitamins boost your immune system, and from I understand, will help in the speed at which you heal.  Personally, I think they need to fix the feet bleeding.  You shouldn't practically bleed out because the bottoms of your feet get jacked up from your shoes getting ruined (BTW, shoes get worn too quickly).  How it should work is your stamina should go down, say, 50%, then after a while, maybe 25% health.  Just spit-balling here.

• Like 3

Point 1: No ; Point 2: No.

IRL: The most widely used type of alcohol for disinfecting anything is isopropyl.  This will make you sick if you drink it and there is also the possibility it will make you blind.

IMO: Multi-vitamins should only help decrease the time for getting rid of ailments by bolstering your immune system, but only if you take the proper agent for healing.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Like 1

I accidentally cured cholera with the multi vitamins. Ain't gonna lie I was relieved. They shouldn't cure stuff though maybe give you a pill symbol over your stamina that gives a slight buff and helps immune system. If they just change the name of the tincture to iodine it would make abit more sense. But it should be more rare.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I think that alcohol added to water should have some effect on the purity. Maybe chlorine tablets are 100% guaranteed to purify whereas alcohol still gives a small percentage chance of infection, or, or doesn't quench thirst as effectively. Kinda like drinking vodka wouldn't hydrate like water would! 

I definitely don't think vitamins should cure anything. I do think they should maybe help reduce the chance of becoming ill. 

Agree with each point fully, it is alcohol after all so it should give less water if drank as you were saying, the multivits honestly I hate being able to have a pot of 50 "immune to all diseases" pills, I wish it was the same as a few patches ago, pop one it helps immune system but doesn't exactly "cure" I heard you can become cured by just waiting so MAYBE it's bugged to speed that process up by a ton on accident? As it'd make sense if sick it'd help make that curing process faster just not instant

• Like 1