Cruss190

Bleeding is overpowered/stacks too many times

I'd like to point out that with 3 stacks of the bleeding effect, you'll usually bleed out before you can apply 3 bandages.

Also, walking barefoot shouldn't gut you as badly as running, it's too simplified and slightly ridiculous in the first place, I can walk barefoot on concrete without dying in real life.

I'm all for a challenge but I feel atm it is a bit too punishing... 

• Like 4

I'm kinda torn....  The bleeding / damage increase helped make the infected more of a threat so in that respect, I like it.  I have to be more cautious around them especially when I'm alone.  I also won't engage hand-to-hand as much as I used to. 

I do think the shoe degradation is way too much though especially with purpose-made shoes for hiking, hunting and military use.  ....on the subject, I also think gloves wear too fast when sliding down ladders and also should take variants more into consideration.  

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I would agree that the bleed effect is too general, and over-done when stacked.  Wounds from infected, wolves, high caliber guns, and low caliber guns are all the same it seems.  They will expand on this I'm sure as they continue to re-balance.  Your character should not be able to inflict life-threatening wounds from running barefoot.  Now infection.... that's another story. But, realistically the lack of variability in wound severity is laughable considering that it was just tweaked.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Like 1

I don't mind the bleeding, as the game does not show you the severity of the injury. I believe you have to determine that yourself by watching how quick your blood drops. I've had 1 cut before and my blood has dropped very slowly. Then another time I got 1 cut and I bled out within about 20 seconds. So I don't think 1 cut means you lose a set amount per second, then stacks. I think some cuts are not as serious as others.

Walking barefoot whilst is horrendous in real life, doesn't cut your feet almost instantly like it does in Dayz. That part is a bit over the top.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, etaab said:

I don't mind the bleeding, as the game does not show you the severity of the injury. I believe you have to determine that yourself by watching how quick your blood drops. I've had 1 cut before and my blood has dropped very slowly. Then another time I got 1 cut and I bled out within about 20 seconds. So I don't think 1 cut means you lose a set amount per second, then stacks. I think some cuts are not as serious as others.

Walking barefoot whilst is horrendous in real life, doesn't cut your feet almost instantly like it does in Dayz. That part is a bit over the top.

That's interesting, I haven't noticed that. My little brother told me that at launch bleeding was less severe, how much time passed between the cases you mention? All I know myself is that even with 1 stack, you'll bleed out rather fast. I always had at least 1 bandage with me, just like I did when I died before making this topic. The funny thing was, I dropped a shirt maybe 40 meters earlier, one sprint, which i ran to and cut and then immediatly applied, it was less than a minute. I died while the last bandage was 90% applied.

While not exceptionally geared, I wore military clothes (BDU jacket, plate carrier, combat helmet). While zombies may whip their arms rather hard, I doubt they could cause such wounds to someone in such clothes. Not when you're conscious and hitting them back atleast.

This was also a rare case in that I got surrounded by three zombies and they took an exceptional amount of time to go down. That they surprised me was definitely on me though lol..  (also fuck crowbars idk what I was thinking).

53 minutes ago, Cruss190 said:

That's interesting, I haven't noticed that. My little brother told me that at launch bleeding was less severe, how much time passed between the cases you mention? All I know myself is that even with 1 stack, you'll bleed out rather fast. I always had at least 1 bandage with me, just like I did when I died before making this topic. The funny thing was, I dropped a shirt maybe 40 meters earlier, one sprint, which i ran to and cut and then immediatly applied, it was less than a minute. I died while the last bandage was 90% applied.

While not exceptionally geared, I wore military clothes (BDU jacket, plate carrier, combat helmet). While zombies may whip their arms rather hard, I doubt they could cause such wounds to someone in such clothes. Not when you're conscious and hitting them back atleast.

This was also a rare case in that I got surrounded by three zombies and they took an exceptional amount of time to go down. That they surprised me was definitely on me though lol..  (also fuck crowbars idk what I was thinking).

crowbars are op, got one tapped in the head with a tactical helmet on, not unconscious. Dead :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RyanS1994 said:

crowbars are op, got one tapped in the head with a tactical helmet on, not unconscious. Dead 😞

That really is op lol... idk what it is with melee weapons but sometimes they hit really good and other times not so much. On that ocassion the crowbar just really let me down... I find the hatchet a similar weapon, often killing a zombie in a few strikes and other times requiring 7+ strikes(regardless of where! Maybe hit detection on zombies is slightly bugged?)

I did onetap someone with a sledgehammer once xD

even in fpp make sure your aiming above their head for headshots, that will give you the best chance but sometimes zombies take alot of hits, maybe its intended, lots of people I real life die from one punch, and then alot of people don't... It is annoying though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

even in fpp make sure your aiming above their head for headshots, that will give you the best chance but sometimes zombies take alot of hits, maybe its intended, lots of people I real life die from one punch, and then alot of people don't... It is annoying though

If I'm not mistaken, their damage model also takes into account distance as well, no?  .....not to mention shot placement.

if your talking about shooting then yes, I doubt melee from further makes a difference you either hit them or you dont

30 minutes ago, RyanS1994 said:

if your talking about shooting then yes, I doubt melee from further makes a difference you either hit them or you dont

LOL!!!  Sorry about that. I was viewing multiple threads at once and confused this one with another. 

6 hours ago, etaab said:

I've had 1 cut before and my blood has dropped very slowly. Then another time I got 1 cut and I bled out within about 20 seconds. So I don't think 1 cut means you lose a set amount per second, then stacks. I think some cuts are not as serious as others.

Excellent input, thank you! I haven't bled enough times since 1.05 patch to confirm cut severity/variability.  

• Like 1

I liked the bleed amount, It makes everything more urgent. 

I've played with some people who seem to think the game is just a living simulator, And its  a survival game and I think the bleeding being this way takes away a lot of the that br mindset that this game was plagued by this game, I think the sickeness and bleed make it so these types of players have a harder time playing this like a battle royale , and makes them have to consider their options more than before, I like it personally. 

It can be rough,  though 3 stacks of bleed you are essentially dead in most cases. 

I hope they bring back broken bones if it can be implemented. 

• Like 3

Just now, Anwah said:

I liked the bleed amount, It makes everything more urgent. 

I've played with some people who seem to think the game is just a living simulator, And its  a survival game and I think the bleeding being this way takes away a lot of the that br mindset that this game was plagued by this game, I think the sickeness and bleed make it so these types of players have a harder time playing this like a battle royale , and makes them have to consider their options more than before, I like it personally. 

It can be rough,  though 3 stacks of bleed you are essentially dead in most cases. 

I hope they bring back broken bones if it can be implemented. 

I agree although I hope they devote more effort to bug squashing first.  I would love to see more depth in the survival aspects but I have to say, I'm tired of dying due to glitches / bugs more often than I do to the environment, etc.  I'd like to see them get those bigger, more persistent bugs worked out first and then bring it on🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

If I'm not mistaken, their damage model also takes into account distance as well, no?  .....not to mention shot placement.

I was thinking maybe the speed of the player and/or zombie had an impact on the force of melee hit. I've one tapped zombies with a timed strike on the head as they charge for you. Not consistently but with a variety of weapons nevertheless, so maybe the amount of HP's a zombie is spawned with also varies?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

I agree although I hope they devote more effort to bug squashing first.  I would love to see more depth in the survival aspects but I have to say, I'm tired of dying due to glitches / bugs more often than I do to the environment, etc.  I'd like to see them get those bigger, more persistent bugs worked out first and then bring it on🙂

Definitely, I would rather then fix bugs or have the game running functionally if they ever bring back broken bones because it won't be fun to break your legs and have other issues that was performance or even game related.  lol. 

• Like 1