Pauperprince

TKO (Total Knock Out)

We get knocked out to quickly, to easily.
No one wants to get knocked out by a zombie slap at full health. And then, spend the next 10 seconds listening to them slap the rest of your health away.  What we do want is the excitement of fighting, as health falls, and moderating when to disengage. We want a chance to be in the fight long enough to enjoy it. Also, a 20km/h vehicle crash into a cow crossing sign, shouldn’t knock you unconscious.
BI, did any of you not see Zombieland? Rule no.4 wear seatbelts. 

Please tweak the TKO threshold. 😎

Edit: Players please leave feedback, support or over wise. If you feel you are knocked out to easily. We need to let developers know. 

Edited by Pauperprince

16 hours ago, Pauperprince said:

We get knocked out to quickly, to easily.
No one wants to get knocked out by a zombie slap at full health. And then, spend the next 10 seconds listening to them slap the rest of your health away.  What we do want is the excitement of fighting, as health falls, and moderating when to disengage. We want a chance to be in the fight long enough to enjoy it. Also, a 20km/h vehicle crash into a cow crossing sign, shouldn’t knock you unconscious.
BI, did any of you not see Zombieland? Rule no.4 wear seatbelts. 

Please tweak the TKO threshold. 😎

Edit: Players please leave feedback, support or over wise. If you feel you are knocked out to easily. We need to let developers know. 

Prior to this patch, This was also true. I spawned on the beach fighting a guy, I had full hp a helmet, And he has nothing I m slashing away at his face and he just K'o's me at 75%.  Like its nuts and I think car player damage should be disabled or something until cars are functional. 

• Like 1

It's odd.....   I rarely get knocked out but it always seems weird to me that a zombie would be able to knock a person out by simply flailing their arms.  .....maybe by another player wit ha well placed headshot but not with a helmet.  Definitely needs some tweaking.  

Regarding the car.....  I totally agree.  They should nix the player damage for now.  I would even go as far as saying that they should drastically reduce or eliminate the collision damage to vehicles until they can get the lag spikes fixed.  I would say that is the #1 leading cause of people losing their cars in this game right now.  ....at least for those that don't disappear.  I'm so tired of having to drive around the game world at or below 20kph.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, Pauperprince said:

No one wants to get knocked out by a zombie slap at full health. And then, spend the next 10 seconds listening to them slap the rest of your health away.

I enjoy role playing games, so I tend to have an active imagination. Try not to get lost in the animation. Instead of a slap, it's a vicious central nervous system reflex, one which can't be replicated by humans because they cannot achieve muscular tetany, unless, possibly with the help of adrenaline on rare occasion. That might be why your character can't outrun infected. 

KO depends on accumulated shock damage. I've been knocked out by multiple zombies, 3 to 7, but never by 1. The 7 is an estimate, they swarmed me at night in the street after I mistakenly fired my KA-M, the only one I've ever had. You can deduce how that ended. I'm very discerning when engaging infected since then. Sometimes I'll kill several with a gun, sometimes I only knife one and keep moving. It's situational, mostly. As a product of experience, I play in a calculated manner. When I get slack is when die.

7 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

.....maybe by another player wit ha well placed headshot but not with a helmet.

Let me play devil's advocate... Referring to the example above with unexpectedly violent, unfriendly infected, a concussion and/or fainting, is likely even with a ballistics helmet because it doesn't prevent brain trauma. If your brain accelerates too quickly and your skull is what decelerates all that meat, you'll get fkuced up. All of us have a free-floating brain suspended in fluid within our skulls. That fluid is the only thing responsible for prevention of brain injury due to acceleration. Theoretically, strong neck muscles would aid deceleration to minimize or mitigate injury. (Will soft and strong skills hopefully be implemented in 2020? The damn meter is there above the stamina bar every time the inventory is open.)

I guess I'm trying to say I like the shock system the way it is, if I might cast a vote.

As far as the car issues, that's so rough, and I feel for you guys. I'm still running places and getting eaten by wolves sometimes.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

I've only ever been knocked out twice and that was when I got shot both times. I fight loads of zombies and they've got hits on me, I'm surprised you're getting knocked out so easily.

you have to be getting hit by atleast 3 zombies simultaneously to go uncon, pretty easy to take 2 down even if you have the op zombies that take way too many hits, so after getting hit a few times back off and live to fight another day

The issue is that at 75% health players blackout and are helpless until dead. It should be at 25% or lower. Why give us a health bar that we can only use 25% of. 🧐

Edited by Pauperprince

This is why you need to travel with companions or simply just avoid infected.   On a blackout, as soon as you fall unconscious your teammate should get on those infected and take them down, and get you treated asap.   As long as it's clear, first thing should be bandaging any bleeding wounds.  Then get you conscious with either CPR or a Defibrillator or an Eppi pen.   Blood transfusion to recover blood loss quickly, after.  Etc.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, Pauperprince said:

The issue is that at 75% health players blackout and are helpless until dead. It should be at 25% or lower. Why give us a health bar that we can only use 25% of. 🧐

The point is that shock is separate from health and you don't see how much you have taken.

5 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

The point is that shock is separate from health and you don't see how much you have taken.

Thank you, although i was already clear on your opinion and how you appreciate shock as an invisible factor.