ImpulZ

Addressing the crashes after the update 1.05

Nonsense

There hasn't been a live-stream in god knows how long. I don't understand why you can't devote at least an hour per week, or every fortnight to dedicate a stream answering our questions and suggestions. 

Edited by Xenophon-

1 hour ago, Xenophon- said:

That is the biggest kick in the teeth we have received yet, that is a total lie. If you believed in community & engagement you would've done this sooner. There hasn't been a live-stream in god knows how long. I don't understand why you can't devote at least an hour per week, or every fortnight to dedicate a stream answering our questions and suggestions. 

Fyi...  Siva is just a member like us so that response you replied to wasn't made as a dev or BI rep.

56 minutes ago, Kean__1 said:

Fyi...  Siva is just a member like us so that response you replied to wasn't made as a dev or BI rep.

Oh god, you're right lmao. DELET

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xenophon- said:

Oh god, you're right lmao. DELET

The avatar threw me off too.

I hope the devs "get it right this time". Haven't played DayZ for weeks as all my friends left the game due the exessive bluescreens and the numerous game breaking bugs. If the devs can't deliver with the next patch/update I'm done with BI and all their future work on console...

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

At this point i'm kinda questioning if they actually are looking into it or if this was only to shut us up. I'm trying to avoid being negative about it as they've addressed it at the least, but really? No information at all still? 

• Like 1

This will literally take ages for them to fix 😂 prob won’t be fixed till 1.06 or after tbh and kinda sad it took them couple weeks later to actually figure out something is wrong about the crashes on console 🤣 whoever it is working on console needs to up their game or something 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J99OP said:

This will literally take ages for them to fix 😂 prob won’t be fixed till 1.06 or after tbh and kinda sad it took them couple weeks later to actually figure out something is wrong about the crashes on console 🤣 whoever it is working on console needs to up their game or something 

.....or maybe bite the bullet and bring in a third party like NWI did with Sandstorm to co-develop for consoles.  

So you’re telling me you’re game is too perfect to be the problem and are now blaming the consoles hardware for not being able to run your game? Red dead redemption 2 has far more mechanics and a bigger map and runs just fine. It’s not the consoles problem it’s the developers. You guys can’t seem to do shit right and now it’s a consoles problem? If that’s the case why would you release the game on said console in the first place? Maybe if you put actual money and time in the game it would be a whole lot better. The blue screens never happened this often till this update. That already says a lot about you people working on it other than just putting the blame on someone/something else. There are many things you can do. If money is the problem start a damn Kickstarter so your little fanboys can give you the money to actually make this a FULL GAME and not an alpha or early access. It’s that simple. Change the entire fucking engine that the game runs on. Try loading in an entire part of the map that the player is in and not just what they’re lookin at, that’s the reason why the hell cars don’t work because the way you try to make your game run is unprofessional. Sure you may be indie developers but that doesn’t give you the excuse to say that you can’t improve the game after 7 years. Fallout 76 was under development for about 3 and still runs better than yours sadly. If you can’t handle the pressure the players put on you at least license the game and let passionate developers make the game while you make some profit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, IClementineI said:

Fallout 76 was under development for about 3 and still runs better than yours sadly

From all the examples you could have choosen from, you really took the worst of all.

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, FirefighterSFVFD_1 said:

I actually almost died due to the "No Damage" bug as well. I ran into a container and tryed to close in zombies after shooting and two of the Zombies was hitting me and I couldn't use the Stock of my rifle to hit them for some reason and the bullets wasn't do anything so I just tryed to get out of there as fast as I could. I managed to get out and log, then came back to see the guy I had shot at ran away and never returned and my M4 magically wasn't in my inventory or on my shoulder where it should've been so it's just gone. Thankfully it is a community server that I rarely play on, it's just more for practice and such but still annoying to say the least.

That no damage bug has been going on since the last patch honestly, Its actually nuts and happens whenever it wants, And usually if you are playing with a friend , They can spot it for you
sometimes you have a knife out Slashing away on your side and on their side you are Shooting your Sg5 like a wack job. 

not even 6 month on console launch there is a big drop on numbers, Livonia is great idea but tbh it's another closer step for losing revenue, Yeah you may gain some revenue in sales during launch but failure to fix & provide more ability for server owners is a big downfall which eventually the number of server owner gonna be less which is less revenue for Bohemia

1. Fix the bug to make it alteast playable

2. Provide server owners access to server mod/more control, Imagine paying 1k per annum for a server that is how many copies of Dayz sold?

Dear dev. 

You also checked a possible cause with the version diffrence?

My ps4 runs v 1.05.152530 while the server side seems to run v 1.05.152551. I noticed that before the update there was no diffrence between them. Now it is giving me constant blue screen.... 

please help fast, 

im paying big money for private server wich currently runs a broken game... 

thanks in forward

Well.. It's starting to look like the "We'll keep you updated on this thread" thing has turned into a "We'll release this post on Forums to shut them up so they think we care while we actually don't work on it but wait until 1.06 to fix it" in my opinion. I know it could take a while to fix but we're back to stage one and it's all 'Non-Vocal' again with the console community once more. There's a reason this game has taken a big downfall or player count since the release on PS4. 

.....the funny thing is that they'll end up fixing this one issue while we're still stuck with all the other game breaking bugs that can cause player death, stop progress, glitch / ruin items that you spent hours obtaining, etc.

Yeah... I'm starting to think this game just doesn't have much of a future on Console or PS4 at least. The dupers are running around in lobbies just duplicating things and stopping loot spawns and then you die more to the devs and poor development than you do Zeds or Players. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FirefighterSFVFD_1 said:

Yeah... I'm starting to think this game just doesn't have much of a future on Console or PS4 at least. The dupers are running around in lobbies just duplicating things and stopping loot spawns and then you die more to the devs and poor development than you do Zeds or Players. 

That's the sad truth.  I've died more times because of my character freezing while in a fight, weapons suddenly not doing any damage or glitching, etc. than by my own stupid mistakes.    ....and then having to jump through hoops with workarounds that are not always guaranteed to work.  It seems I spend more time worrying about what I do in the game world that can be affected by a glitch than I do with simply playing the game.  

Lag spikes while driving?   .....no problem, just keep your speed under 20 KPH and you might be lucky enough to not crash too hard if one occurs.

Things getting locked into inventory in tents, trunks, etc.? ....no problem, just rent a server so you and your friends can log off and restart it every time you need to get something out that is stuck. We actually have to do this about 1-4 times a session on top of me having an auto restart every evening.

Mag and weapon loading glitches?   .....no problem, just don't use the reload button (triangle).  Just reload from your inventory using the combine function (thanks to etaab for turning me on to this one).  Extremely annoying especially when in a fight but it seems to work.

Character freezes shortly after driving a car?  ....no problem, just make sure you dart into the nearest house while crossing your fingers that you don't freeze before you get there and hang out for 2 minutes or so.  ....but even then, that's no guarantee you won't freeze once you step out that door.  

These are just a few examples of things I constantly have to worry about while playing simply because of bugs with the game.  ......and those are just the ones that I found potential workarounds for.

For once, I'd really love to just play the game using the available options, features, items, etc. as they were originally intended without all the problems. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kean__1 said:

For once, I'd really love to just play the game using the available options, features, items, etc. as they were originally intended without all the problems.

+1

BI, I've been playing since the mod on PC and am actually disappointed. I convinced all my boys to spend 50$ on this game in hopes that after 6 years of development it would at least be able to not crash and we would have a working inventory. It also baffles me as to how this game being based off of the arma 2 or 3 engine. (Not sure which one sorry guys). And that 7 year old game runs way better than this shit show you have presented us with. Also you give pc full mod support to better the game and you don't even give our admins on servers a command list to tweak loot spawn amounts for the 100 pop servers with no guns because it is all hoarded or in the hands on the top 1% that's the dumbest thing ever. You basically say that the loot should be uniform so that the first to get to it can run down to the coast and sit in a treeline to snipe anyone who tries to get any good loot. Thank you for all your massive consideration for the community and I hope you can keep lining your pockets with our hard earned money while you develop this train wreck. Rust will be loads better when it gets to console. Gary also is active with the community. Dayz you're on hold until I can see something shiny rise out of this pile of shit you've created.

so what’s up with not being able to dig up a crate that’s under a pine tree? does the tree ever fall a different direction when you chop it after a server reset?

7 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

That's the sad truth.  I've died more times because of my character freezing while in a fight, weapons suddenly not doing any damage or glitching, etc. than by my own stupid mistakes.    ....and then having to jump through hoops with workarounds that are not always guaranteed to work.  It seems I spend more time worrying about what I do in the game world that can be affected by a glitch than I do with simply playing the game.  

Lag spikes while driving?   .....no problem, just keep your speed under 20 KPH and you might be lucky enough to not crash too hard if one occurs.

Things getting locked into inventory in tents, trunks, etc.? ....no problem, just rent a server so you and your friends can log off and restart it every time you need to get something out that is stuck. We actually have to do this about 1-4 times a session on top of me having an auto restart every evening.

Mag and weapon loading glitches?   .....no problem, just don't use the reload button (triangle).  Just reload from your inventory using the combine function (thanks to etaab for turning me on to this one).  Extremely annoying especially when in a fight but it seems to work.

Character freezes shortly after driving a car?  ....no problem, just make sure you dart into the nearest house while crossing your fingers that you don't freeze before you get there and hang out for 2 minutes or so.  ....but even then, that's no guarantee you won't freeze once you step out that door.  

These are just a few examples of things I constantly have to worry about while playing simply because of bugs with the game.  ......and those are just the ones that I found potential workarounds for.

This post sums up my dayz experience, In June, I thought this game was alright felt pretty decent, then encountered the server hopping/ghosting, I thought that was the biggest issue we'd face , then the duping, The Fps drops when full automatic fire guns, We finally get a patch to fix the ghosting/ server hoping etc, And that breaks so many other things, Now this patch I couldn't even play with a decent state of mind because of the random crash, and its so inconsistent, I dont even want to deal with the idea of looting to crash/hard freeze to a Zombie die to it and lose all my gear for free. 

The game was more playable in june 100% but if they could get these changes to work, 

it just breaks my heart because I like this game, And I like the world it built but I cannot actively enjoy it because bs. 

• Like 1

Hello Survivors, 

We released an update that aims to mitigate the crashes affecting some PlayStation 4 players. 

Tweaked

• Memory distribution on PS4

Changed

• Updated the texture streaming system to be more resilient against texture allocation failures
  • Applied compression to several textures

Please, let us know if you keep experiencing crashes on the PlayStation 4, while providing as many details as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unrelated, but because you don't talk anywhere else I have no choice but to post here.

Can we, console users receive updated logfiles. Including the likes of base/combolock destruction. Aswell as who placed down beartraps/mines. We struggle to admin our RP server due to the lack of these.

Bohemia you are the most incompetent and ridiculous team on consoles, sell the company to real programmers, you are not able to manage an update, you think you can fix the bugs? Naaah, I'm sorry you're wrong. I lost all the friends who played with me in dayz, nobody wants to play it anymore. The funny thing is they release the DLC but they can’t fix the bug, ridiculous.