Sign in to follow this  
Seen it All

Sickness

I'm down with the sickness and all.  But it is hard to cure, how do you know what to take for what and how many?

Tetracycline one at a time or charcoal tabs for raw meat I'm sure? There is a bug that heals all sickness no matter what but you know poor sportsmanship and that

Your first order of business after spawn and can get hydrated is to locate the nearest medical facility or hospital and start looking for Tetracycline , and charcoal tablets.      Depending on the sickness you have,  you will need one of those.   The charcoal tabs are good for if you get food poisoning ( solmanola ) eating raw meat will get you this one.   Drinking from stagnant ponds,  dirty canteens and cooking pots,  and sometimes even a water bottle will get you Cholera and you will need the Tetracycline pills to take care of that.    The sooner you can take that pill the sooner it will be over,   if you let it progress it will get harder to take in enough fluids to keep you hydrated.    Thats why I always locate a medical building as soon as I can after spawning, because if you get sick with no medication on hand it could take you some time till you can get somewhere and find it.     I use to just suicide my character if I got sick because I could never find what I needed soon enough,  but now I know that the sooner I can take that pill the better off I will be.   Ive successfully treated both ingame and was pretty happy once I figured it out. 

You should know what sickness you  have, by the actions you took just prior to getting sick.   Eating raw meat or drinking bad water.     It took me 2 charcoal tabs to get rid of the sickness symbol after eating raw chicken,  but the amount may vary depending on your luck of the RNG.    It took me 2-3 tetracycline tablets on different occasions.          You can take another pill as soon as the pill symbol disappears,  if it didnt get rid of the sickness on the first pill.             

Edited by CottonHill2
  • Like 2

If you are unfortunate enough to get cholera and don't have any tetracycline, remember, SMALL SIPS OF WATER AND SMALL BITES OF FOOD.  If you eat or drink too much too fast, you'll puke your guts out, and you'll be in some pretty bad shape.  I had a buddy that was down to less than half health and in the RED on both food and liquid after getting cholera.  I met up with him and gave him a canteen of clean water and a couple pieces of fruit, and instructed him on just that.  We were able to make it from Chelm all the way to Novo (with a stop at the mil barracks north of Kraz) without him dying, and we FINALLY found tetracycline at the hospital there.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this