IdealBicycle641

Can I axe a question?

Never bothered to settle down. Never thought I'd be the type. But I've organically found a few DayZ brothers and a home server and now I'd like to throw down some roots and make a camp (not silly enough to try for a base). I'm trying to be the stay at home dad while they fuck with the cars and looting. Morale of the story is has anyone made a stone oven since the latest update? It won't let me mine large stone with a pick axe. It just tries to make a garden plot. Is the pick axe bugged to act like a shovel or am I having a bad night?. I'd just like to purify water out in the woods without need to venture into town to look for pills and potions. Any constructive feed back welcome. GO.......

Edited by IdealBicycle641
Spelling

48 minutes ago, IdealBicycle641 said:

I know gas canisters will be an answer but i want ther stone oven with the cooking pot.

Maybe you should try fire barel, no?

And be warned, crafted fireplaces despawn very fast.

I don't know if you still can craft stones from boulders, i think i saw somewhere it wasn't possible anymore.

You could also find a tripod (or send your minions find it), so you don't need a gas canister/fire barel/hoven to use cooking pot.

Edited by S.Kaneda

Yes good point. Didnt think of the barrel. That will be the easy way out. Cause i do have one out here in the sticks, just havnt poked holes in it. And I'm not lugging another one out here. The boys are hard on cars can't trust them to deliver if not on foot. The tripods despawn pretty fast as well. I don't want to be one of those people that just bury everything in easy to make wooden crates. Makes it hard not to though, if you don't just want to wander aimlessly. After 6 months of looking I like this spot. Would love that oven or to know it's impossible. Thank you for the help.

21 minutes ago, IdealBicycle641 said:

The tripods despawn pretty fast as well.

The tripod despawns with the fireplace, if you put it in storage once you finished cooking, it will not, in fact, same as cooking pot, see : https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fireplace

"WARNING: As of version 1.02 all forms of fireplace have a persistence bug that may despawn them after 24 in game hours have past. Deleting all items, upgrades, and attachments to the fireplace."

I'm not sure it's a bug (i think it's BI will), and i'm not sure it's as long as 24h in game (=3 real hours on officials servers).

Other warning, if you store stuff in fire barel and make fire in it, it will ruin stuff.

Edited by S.Kaneda

Yeah. That's why I was keen to keep my barrel whole and virgin. But what ever I'm not a whinger I'll use what I got to work with. I just would like confirmation that the large stones are proper broken. Also while I'm at it. I realize the CLE is buggered again. But I came across a small tent that people have been tampering with for days. Can't pack it up cause there is 1 crowbar that is irrevocable. Haven't seen a spawned small tent for ever. Has anyone else. If so where.?. 

47 minutes ago, IdealBicycle641 said:

I just would like confirmation that the large stones are proper broken. 

It's still craftable. Just keep trying different rocks, some don't like to put out. I've had good luck on the coast rather than inland. (But dont use an axe)

Edited by bandito6000

On 10/13/2019 at 8:52 AM, S.Kaneda said:

I don't know if you still can craft stones from boulders,

It did prior to 1.05, so I don't know.  What we did in the past is if you have a tent, after your fire is out, simply gather up your large stones and put them in it.  Then, you can use them again.  Bullshit, without a doubt.  I don't know why it's so hard, apparently, to have fireplace/fire ring/campfire persistence.  It becomes a pain in the ass after a while.

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

It becomes a pain in the ass after a while.

I agree.

Persistence should defiinitly be higher on fireplaces with stones (or attachement like tripod)... Same as tents in fact.

You don't bother making stone fire just for abandoning it like you do with simple fireplace.

Edited by S.Kaneda