skJF

New update

Here was my first experience with the new update. First thing that happens when I spawn in, is get stuck in a house because doors barely work now.  Next, I drink less than a half bottle of water and throw up...  2 minutes later I'm basically dead.  Lucky I have a pond and a stockpile of chlorine and fruit.  Next, I find the update has apparently thrown my ADA about 50 yards over a base wall and ruined half the parts.  After that, trying to jump onto a mesh barrier, I ended up falling (literally the falling animation) up from the ground, onto the roof.  Then, as I'm literally sitting on the roof, my water starts going down rapidly with 3 arrows.  And keeps going down by 3.  And keeps going down by 3.  As I'm SITTING. not sprinting.  Sitting, immobile.  I brought 5 water bottles and 2 canteens, and used all but 1 bottle and half a canteen, on a jog from pavlovo to zelenogorsk.  Managed to fill them back up there, and run back, using more magically.  And I filled up at the pump while I was there.  I mean...  How tf did they think this was ok to release?  They literally ruined the game.  This is actually not even fun anymore...  You can't do anything with having to eat and drink constantly.  You literally need to eat and drink so often, you throw up and magically die because people just throw up and drop dead on a daily basis...  Who TF eats 3 cans of spaghetti, 3 cans of beans, a bag of rice, 4 sodas and 3 water bottles on top of 7 pieces of fruit IN A SINGLE DAY and then wait for it....  IS STILL STARVING TO DEATH.  At this point I'm legitimately questioning whether or not this dev team are literal mental deficients. Did they not test this at all?

All events occured within the first hour of playing. Haven't played since, not sure if I'm going to...  might give away my cars and base to a freshie on the coast

Edited by skJF
Time frame
  • Confused 1

You probably contracted cholera from dirty water, use antibiotics. You dehydrate really fast & throw up continuously. Canteens and water bottles have a 50% chance to spawn with cholera now. I'd advise reading the patchnotes with every update.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

47 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

You probably contracted cholera from dirty water, use antibiotics. You dehydrate really fast & throw up continuously. Canteens and water bottles have a 50% chance to spawn with cholera now. I'd advise reading the patchnotes with every update.

They were my own that I'd personally disinfected, filled and tabbed.

If you're going to assume and condescend, at least be remotely close.  You know what they say about when people assume...

You just read it as condescending, it wasn't my intention. Several previous patches that didn't character wipe have reverted people stored water to it's default unclean state once logging back in  after an update, my friends reported the exact same issue. Also fruit and mushrooms can spawn rotten & dried now so maybe you ate some fruit without knowing to check. Also chill out & don't assume everyone's on here trying to be a d*ck, I was trying to help

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

Try to stash your stuff in your base and then suicide... Maybe new character will "work" fine.

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

Try to stash your stuff in your base and then suicide... Maybe new character will "work" fine.

Excellent suggestion. 

It amazes me how I read how someone is having all these complex issues, and assume it's the GAME that is broken and not something else.  I haven't seen ANY of these issues that you are claiming have happened to you.  I have about 40 hours on 1.05, and I have had ZERO issues.  As far as "constantly" needing something to eat or drink, unless you're sick, try not sprinting everywhere you go.  I jogged from Vyshnaya Dubrovka to Severograd and never once went yellow.   BTW, you LITERALLY use the word "literally" too much. 

• Like 1

I've not played this game for months because I'd got fed up of the bugs, dupers removing all the loot, the base building being too time intensive and ultimately unrewarding as people can just wreck it in minutes, and cars were borderline unusable. 

I loaded up today for the first time in a while, character didn't appear on the load screen, just some glictched polygons. So I figured whatever, selected randomize and joined a random server with this new unknown character. As ever, it's night time and my screen looks like my TV has been turned off except for a white dot in the middle and the hud at the bottom.

I've just basically rolled my eyes, turned it back off (likely for another couple months) and came here to see what the current concensus is. Safe to say I think this game has the worst devs in the industry and they're working hard to destroy a game that has everything needed to be awesome. Everything except decent devs that know how to make the thing work properly and deliver an enjoyable experience. What a waste of money this purchase has been. 

• Confused 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, M00nfly said:

What a waste of money this purchase has been. 

Different strokes for different folks. I've already gotten my money's worth from it. 

I spent 30 dollars and I've been playing for a year now. With ups and downs but hey, I'm still here. 

I could spend that same amount at TacoBell and it's gone in 10 minutes. And I feel much worse about it afterwards.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

To the guy that started this post, I think you’re just really bad at this game. You just have to make getting fresh clean water a priority when you first spawn, and you have to learn to use medicine. 

Since 1.05 I have only had 4 issues which were easily corrected. 2 by logging in and out. 2 by dropping and then picking my item back up. I have more issues with AAA games. I feel that some of the issues you guys have is from your computer or a corrupted file. 

I’ve  never even had the up and down moments. For me this game keeps getting better and better. My only issue is the lack of ARs because of hoarders. I wish they would address that. The problem is that you can go to a military base loot the whole base and kill a few people and the best you’ll get is a sk 59. I just want an AR, even if it’s exactly like the Sk 59 in that it can only do semi auto and a not so great scope. But I’d love to be able to customize it a little and it not look so old. Civilian semi auto rifles please?

This is the xbox forum, corrupted files are the devs problem if that's what's happening. I played last night and it took 4 attempts to get the game running, it crashed twice on the load screen and a couple times in game. I met up with my mate and he couldn't see half my inventory when I tried to share it. The game is years old and still performs poorly and is riddled with bugs. 

I'm actually not concerned with weapons as long as I have enough to get by, I just want the game to be playable and fun. Once I got going last night I did actually start to enjoy it again, but surely nobody is defending the issues with this game, it's one of the worst I've ever seen for bugs, and I've been playing games for over 30 years. 

Edited by M00nfly
  • Beans 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:01 PM, S.Kaneda said:

Buckshot is the best painkiller I have

8 hours ago, M00nfly said:

This is the xbox forum, corrupted files are the devs problem if that's what's happening. I played last night and it took 4 attempts to get the game running, it crashed twice on the load screen and a couple times in game. I met up with my mate and he couldn't see half my inventory when I tried to share it. The game is years old and still performs poorly and is riddled with bugs. 

I'm actually not concerned with weapons as long as I have enough to get by, I just want the game to be playable and fun. Once I got going last night I did actually start to enjoy it again, but surely nobody is defending the issues with this game, it's one of the worst I've ever seen for bugs, and I've been playing games for over 30 years. 

The way I see it is DayZ is an absolutely huge undertaking of a game; think of all the different moving parts. There is no other game out there (as far as I know) that goes into this much detail on so many different things. 

I'm not going to defend the bugs because, of course, bugs and exploits ruin the game. 

But that being said, at least in my experience, what is right with the game far outweighs what is wrong with it. 

There are so, so many people on here complaining about this, that and the other as though it is a personal attack on them and their rights that the game doesn't play the way they think it should. 

It sux that the game is crashing for you, @M00nfly and, I'm not going to lie, I would be very frustrated, too. I have my games saved on an external ssd and I have very few crashes. Have you considered that this could be the problem? 

5 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

The way I see it is DayZ is an absolutely huge undertaking of a game; think of all the different moving parts. There is no other game out there (as far as I know) that goes into this much detail on so many different things. 

I'm not going to defend the bugs because, of course, bugs and exploits ruin the game. 

But that being said, at least in my experience, what is right with the game far outweighs what is wrong with it. 

There are so, so many people on here complaining about this, that and the other as though it is a personal attack on them and their rights that the game doesn't play the way they think it should. 

It sux that the game is crashing for you, @M00nfly and, I'm not going to lie, I would be very frustrated, too. I have my games saved on an external ssd and I have very few crashes. Have you considered that this could be the problem? 

I'm running on an XB1X and again, the hhd isn't an acceptable excuse. There's a ton of games out there that are easily as big as this game, the difference really is most aren't running on a live server. The 4 crashes last night were the first time I'd booted the game up for months, so it wasn't very reassuring that anything had changed. I have over 200 games in my collection not including game pass, and like I say, this is the only one with this kind of severity of bugs and lack of support to fix it. I imagine the issue must be this is a very small team of devs working on this title. 

4 hours ago, M00nfly said:

I'm running on an XB1X and again, the hhd isn't an acceptable excuse. There's a ton of games out there that are easily as big as this game, the difference really is most aren't running on a live server. The 4 crashes last night were the first time I'd booted the game up for months, so it wasn't very reassuring that anything had changed. I have over 200 games in my collection not including game pass, and like I say, this is the only one with this kind of severity of bugs and lack of support to fix it. I imagine the issue must be this is a very small team of devs working on this title. 

Can you name some of the games that are "easily as big as this one"?

9 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

Post before he answers "that's not comparable to DayZ, DayZ is UNIQUE".

BeraRzV.jpg&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=1

How about you list some, then? 

It's funny; you see me as a fanboy and I see you as a hater. 

We both probably have reasons for our viewpoints.

The difference is I have articulated mine, but you just type in capitals and post Gollum and Obama images... 

10 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

Can you name some of the games that are "easily as big as this one"?

Really!? Just.... Wow. Dayz has a big map, that's it, the actual content is fairly simple, the only real point being its a live server.. There are tons of games with huge environments, and most with a lot more going on. Get busy on Google if you need to educate yourself. 

50 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

Really!? Just.... Wow. Dayz has a big map, that's it, the actual content is fairly simple, the only real point being its a live server.. There are tons of games with huge environments, and most with a lot more going on. Get busy on Google if you need to educate yourself. 

Ohhhhh, OK, so you meant from a purely superficial point of view that it's a "big game", not that it's 'large in scope'. Gotcha. 

So, you're first mistake is thinking that the map is part of the "live server" element; the map and all the buildings and river beds and the spawn point markers of cars, trees, loot & zombies are actually stored on the hdd of your xbox one x along with the individual skins and rendering data files of guns, food, trees, zombies etc, but the actual in-game elements, such as zombies, cars, other players etc are communicated to your xbox from the live server, that's why if you have a synchronisation problem (referred to as desync) your actions in-game, such as shooting, melee etc will have no effect on the environment or whatever you are shooting or whatever. 

So, maybe if you educate yourself and realize that it could in fact be that your fancy pants system is struggling with having to simultaneously access data from the on board hdd and write data onto said hdd, where as if you have an external ssd it wouldn't be such a big job for your system. 

But hey, what do I know? I'm only running the game from an xbox one (not s, not x) using an ssd with maybe 3 crashes since the game came out... 

Just trying to help, dude. Sheesh. 

12 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

Ohhhhh, OK, so you meant from a purely superficial point of view that it's a "big game", not that it's 'large in scope'. Gotcha. 

So, you're first mistake is thinking that the map is part of the "live server" element; the map and all the buildings and river beds and the spawn point markers of cars, trees, loot & zombies are actually stored on the hdd of your xbox one x along with the individual skins and rendering data files of guns, food, trees, zombies etc, but the actual in-game elements, such as zombies, cars, other players etc are communicated to your xbox from the live server, that's why if you have a synchronisation problem (referred to as desync) your actions in-game, such as shooting, melee etc will have no effect on the environment or whatever you are shooting or whatever. 

So, maybe if you educate yourself and realize that it could in fact be that your fancy pants system is struggling with having to simultaneously access data from the on board hdd and write data onto said hdd, where as if you have an external ssd it wouldn't be such a big job for your system. 

But hey, what do I know? I'm only running the game from an xbox one (not s, not x) using an ssd with maybe 3 crashes since the game came out... 

Just trying to help, dude. Sheesh. 

You ignoring a huge glaring FACT. This is the only game that suffers as bad as this one. Even PUBG which was as bad when it first came a long has seen huge improvements, and while it may not have zombies on the map, it still has all the spawn points and runs with 100 players not 20 or 30. I don't need a crash course in how the tech works, I know how it all works just fine. This game is broken for everyone, some suffer more than others, but the game is still super buggy and each patch to fix something breaks something else. The game is ambitious, it is conceptually great, but you can't blindly defend the issues people experience and put the blame for that anywhere except the dev team. Look at how bad no man's sky was, and look at elite dangerous, those two games have seen great support and made way more progress in the same time frame. Dayz is losing its player base, and its not because the game is rubbish, it's because of all the inherant issues. 

15 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

The difference is I have articulated mine

I did so, but you rejected it.

And by the way, i thinked about someone else who has "fanboy" in his nick (i already "golumed" him and you reacted laughting...), but yes i called you fanboy once alongside him, because you stands up for this game and it's dev team very hard, ignoring all the facts that show the lack of them.

Just the fact that you tell someone to buy a SSD to "patch" the lacks of this game shows you don't have clear mind.

If that game needs SSD, they need to inform people before they purchase it.

But i'll tell you, that won't do nothing for them, i don't have one, and i don't crash that much, and you find lot of people that crashe a lot with SSD here, the first time i played 1.05 with my friend that has SSD, i crashed 0, he crashed 5x, 2h game...

I'll tell you this, again, compare DayZ to ARK, that is far from perfect yes, but wow, what a gap between them, all you're supposed to do in this game works, despite its complexity. Even Conan Exiles works better... (post before "go play ark or conan if you love them so much").

Edited by S.Kaneda
  • Beans 1

51 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

I did so, but you rejected it.

And by the way, i thinked about someone else who has "fanboy" in his nick (i already "golumed" him and you reacted laughting...), but yes i called you fanboy once alongside him, because you stands up for this game and it's dev team very hard, ignoring all the facts that show the lack of them.

Just the fact that you tell someone to buy a SSD to "patch" the lacks of this game shows you don't have clear mind.

If that game needs SSD, they need to inform people before they purchase it.

But i'll tell you, that won't do nothing for them, i don't have one, and i don't crash that much, and you find lot of people that crashe a lot with SSD here, the first time i played 1.05 with my friend that has SSD, i crashed 0, he crashed 5x, 2h game...

I'll tell you this, again, compare DayZ to ARK, that is far from perfect yes, but wow, what a gap between them, all you're supposed to do in this game works, despite its complexity. Even Conan Exiles works better... (post before "go play ark or conan if you love them so much").

I read I saw and I told you to go play ark or Conan if you love them so much, I couldn't help myself haha

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

I read I saw and I told you to go play ark or Conan if you love them so much, I couldn't help myself haha

I said so 'cause that's an answer i already got here... 😙

Edited by S.Kaneda
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

I said so 'cause that's an answer i already got here... 😙

Usually how it goes man keep golluming it's a pleasure to watch