Darin Hogarty

Bleed broken

Got 1 cut and bleed to death in a matter of 1-2 minutes. Got bit by a wolf, killed about 7 zombies and only got cut once. Didnt have any bandages on me so I quickly drove to a building to tear up an item. Bled out in a matter of 2 minutes.

Anyone else having a problem with bleeding out happening at alarming rates? I'm going to test with ruined shoes tonight and report back.if it has the same effect.

Bleeding is broken since 1.05 on console (on purpose). PC had a patch for this problem...

Yep. I assumed that gonna happens when pc got 1.05 an i saw couple of Streamer reporting the issue. So of course the port it over 1 to 1 with the current issue an release it to us. Pc get an patch as quick as possible like allways, an we will be stuck with it till 1.06 GG

1 hour ago, Neophyter said:

Yep. I assumed that gonna happens when pc got 1.05 an i saw couple of Streamer reporting the issue. So of course the port it over 1 to 1 with the current issue an release it to us. Pc get an patch as quick as possible like allways, an we will be stuck with it till 1.06 GG

BI and their devs are just lame. DayZ on console is and was a pure cash grab and it seems like that they don't care about their player base. The game is broken and it feels like that will never fix it on console (see 1.05).

• Sad 1

It depends on how severe the injury is.  There are 3 levels......minor, moderate, and severe.  Each of these comes with a different rate of blood loss.  I have been cut multiple times, and NEVER bled out in 1 or 2 minutes. 

• Beans 1

17 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

It depends on how severe the injury is.  There are 3 levels......minor, moderate, and severe.  Each of these comes with a different rate of blood loss.  I have been cut multiple times, and NEVER bled out in 1 or 2 minutes. 

This was a cut with a 1 by it. And it was 1-2 minutes that I bled out. In 1.04 I walked around for like 30 minutes slowly bleeding before almost dying. In fact I passed out and still survived lol

So either I found a glitch where the bleed isn't reporting the correct level of injury. I.e., showing minor but it's REALLY severe.

Or The bleed is inaccurately amplified... 

Or I suppose a third option.. Might be that a wolf bite is causing minor wounds to be treated as severe? 

Edited by Darin Hogarty

I will say that the game doesn't accurately depict WHICH injury you have.  It's possible that you received an injury to your head or torso, which would cause you to bleed out rather quickly.

1 hour ago, Darin Hogarty said:

This was a cut with a 1 by it

That number merely depicts how many injuries you have, which then would tell you how many bandages you have to apply.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

That number merely depicts how many injuries you have, which then would tell you how many bandages you have to apply.

So 1 wolf bite could require 1 bandage BUT be severe enough to kill you by bleeding out in 2 minutes if you don't apply a bandage? is that what you're saying?

6 hours ago, Darin Hogarty said:

So 1 wolf bite could require 1 bandage BUT be severe enough to kill you by bleeding out in 2 minutes if you don't apply a bandage? is that what you're saying?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Remember, if you have an injury and you don't have rags or a bandage, you can use sewing kit to stitch your wound (the leather sewing kit doesn't work for this anymore).

On 10/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, Stagman70 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Remember, if you have an injury and you don't have rags or a bandage, you can use sewing kit to stitch your wound (the leather sewing kit doesn't work for this anymore).

And if totally out of rags, bandages, sewing kits and such then you can use knife/melee-weapon to tear up some of your clothing to make some rags.

Its definitively a last resort as you then will have to drop some stuff (or carry some stuff by hand so you can't get a gun out quick) as it no longer can be carried in the clothing - but its way better then losing it all and dying in a field somewhere.

As far as I remember then ruined clothing cant be torn into rags, so remember to check their status before you take them off (as you cant take them on again if you make the mistake and takes them off to try and tear them into rags) and you will be good.

A bandana can also be used to close a wound (only once though, it cant be used forever anymore), that would be my first go-to if out of other stuff. 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 1