Sign in to follow this  
Anomal

Rescue DayZ by adding Crossplay feature

Hello,
I have alot of friends that are playing DayZ on Xbox. Also alot of guys that want to play it on PS4. I want to play with my friends, like i can in some other games.
I think its easy to give Crossplay Acces to Playstation, Xbox & PC.

Just give every user the ability to turn on and off the crossplay feature. Or host different servers, some with crossplay and some without.
So everyone could choose at their own, if they want to play with controller or mouseplayers.

/edit

it also would bring in more rp flaire, because you need to use ingame voice. :)

Edited by Anomal

1 hour ago, Anomal said:

I think its easy to give Crossplay Acces to Playstation, Xbox & PC.

Oh?  How do Xbox and PS install the PC mods?

It's never going to happen.  If you want to play with your friends on XBox, get an XBox.

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

Nobody's playing DZ SA Vanilla on PC?

Plenty of people play DayZ on PC.  This is obvious.  And besides, if nobody is playing on PC, then why would you suggest cross platform to begin with?

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

Only mods on PC?

Yea.  Players make mods on the PC.  I don't know of any mod creators for XBOX or PS.

It's never going to happen because BI already stated that it's never going to happen.  And even if it would happen someday, it's not even on their radar of things to do.

Since Sony opened up to that idea not too long ago there is at least a possibility that crossplay will happen someday. At the pace of developement we are most likely talking years here. Mod support won't be a thing obviously but I am open for that idea. The more, the merrier.

Seeing that M$ is pushing into the PC market with their XBox One games pretty hard currently, see Halo for example, the odds of crossplay between BoX and PC are higher then among all 3 I guess.

15 hours ago, Parazight said:

Plenty of people play DayZ on PC.  This is obvious.  And besides, if nobody is playing on PC, then why would you suggest cross platform to begin with?

I didn't suggested anything. YOU suggested that mods prevents from xplateform PC. So i ask you rhetoric questions.

And crossplateform could be ps4/xbox only.

Edited by S.Kaneda

I'm sorry, but if they work on cross play before working on other things that were supposed to be in the game, like bows and arrows, like broken bones, like other methods of transportation, I think a lot of us long-timers on PC will be pissed.  I certainly will be.

The reality is here we are at the fifth patch since the game was released and there is still so much missing.  I would rather have the missing pieces put back in and THEN we can discuss the possibility of cross play.  We need to finish dinner before eating the dessert.

As I stated earlier in the thread though, don't hold your breath as I seriously doubt they will ever get around to making this a thing.

• Like 1

They already said no crossplay, there's no plans about server infrastructure etc to support such, and it's not even the exact same game on all platforms. For example, on PS4, large nametags pop up on the screen when someone speaks. This is a Sony requirement. Etc.

only crossplay that may ever come is between xbox and ps4 ... pc is it's own thing... you really want someone with superior controls and 60fps stable to kill you lol

Bohemia Interactive: “Although technically quite feasible, we would rather not mix PC and console players, as this would lead to a noticeable gameplay imbalance.”

Just make a toggle button or different servers, so everyone can choose between crossplay or no-crossplay! (If the player chooses by his self, unbalanced gameplay is not that a problem.)

I have alot of friends playing console, i want to play with them. I love dayz, but i have barrely no-one to play with on computer. Im sure other people are on the same spott...

PLEASE BRING IN CROSSPLAY :(

GOD DAMNED OTHER PEOPLE PLAY FORTNITE IN CROSSPLAY!

Fortnite: PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, mobile            <------- MOBILE!!!!!

Dauntless: PS4, Xbox One, PC

Rocket League: Xbox One, Switch, PC, PS4

SMITE: Xbox One, Switch, PC, PS4 (September 17)

Paladins: Champions of the Realm: Xbox One, Switch, PC, PS4

Realm Royale: Xbox One, Switch, PC, PS4 (October)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Xbox One, PS4, PC (October 25)

Edited by Anomal

You quote Bohemia as to why it's not going to happen and then whine about it not happening.

The internet...you gotta love it.

I don't have any friend playing DayZ on consoles, so I don't care at all about crossplay. Actually it's like the last last thing to be added. Better have bows and a finished game before ?

And even if there's some crossplay added, someone already said that consoles and PC DayZ are different versions.

Even if it was the same version ; do you really want to be forced to play with a keyboard (and then a mouse) on a console to be able to properly play ? I doubt there's enough buttons on a console to make it fair for consoles. Maybe by using one or two "combo" buttons to make more controls... But it would be a pain. Or maybe I'm interfering with ArmA x)

I won't talk about performances as consoles seem to be more and more powerful.

TBH I think this game shouldn't have been made on consoles before a true beta version, with all features and a global rework to make it compatible between consoles and PC.

NO ONE have to be "FORCED" just give a simple turn on/off option or different kind of servers. And in PS4 oder Xbox One you also can play with mouse and keyboard... on pc you also can play with controller. So there is noone forced and there is no pain if you can choose. I want to play with my friends without buying a console, damn in other games i can.

im playing atlas, rocket league & the new call of duty with them, its great.... sad that we cant have the dayz experience together.

Edited by Anomal