ZinMas 101

Make Dayz Great Again! PLEASE! (English translated at the end)

I still remember the patch where water wells didn't work and there was no food to be found (very rare).

Best patch ever.

• Beans 1

On 9/29/2019 at 10:31 AM, repzaj1234 said:

DayZ Underground (US) and DayZ Down Under (AUS) are the closest servers to that with decent population.

DayZ Underground and DDU are great servers. Actually I had a blast on DUG lately, but I agree with the OP:

DayZ vanilla should be much more challenging, and less depending on mods.

Mods should be a way for the community to add/theme/diversify the gameplay, not complete the missing functions. Unfortunately, this is how Modding works in DayZ nowadays; just to fill the void. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, Tarkules said:

DayZ Underground and DDU are great servers. Actually I had a blast on DUG lately, but I agree with the OP:

DayZ vanilla should be much more challenging, and less depending on mods.

Mods should be a way for the community to add/theme/diversify the gameplay, not complete the missing functions. Unfortunately, this is how Modding works in DayZ nowadays; just to fill the void. 

In DayZ Underground server everybody is camping their bases so its a boring experience, at the end is Role Play. Is always the same: camping base or go clenaning the map with 5 or 6 more players all in group like cowards. Meh...

@ZinMas 101 I don't mean to negate everything you just wrote, however; you really should consider different point of view. 

Before, and by that I mean before 0.63, practically all of what you list as negative was happening just the same. I myself was usually running around fully geared, looking for all the loot, no need to hunt and so on.

With the addition of stamina, something very crucial changed and that is player's loadout vs movement. But more importantly, my mindset changed. It wasn't that long before I realized that running light is just as viable as being fully geared. Beauty of this game is that you can play it as you see fit. As I said, currently the focus for me i running light, with only essential gear and surviving off the nature most of the time. Couple of days ago, my friend and I run into another player, who was like you describe geared, carrying several weapons and so on. This however; gave him no advantage whatsoever in the encounter. 

People who chose to have all their encounters fully geared at the NWA can do so. Same as we can run light with rifles, lurking around and choosing which encounters we get into and which we don't. Hunting, farming and cooking are very viable, no need to collect cans and so on. Even movement during the night is again quite feasible. 

Melee combat with knife is now the perfect way to dispatch infected quietly and efficiently. 

So I would definitely argue, that now the game allows so much more and can rally accommodate any playstyle you choose without penalizing you for it. 

• Beans 1

31 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

@ZinMas 101 I don't mean to negate everything you just wrote, however; you really should consider different point of view. 

Before, and by that I mean before 0.63, practically all of what you list as negative was happening just the same. I myself was usually running around fully geared, looking for all the loot, no need to hunt and so on.

With the addition of stamina, something very crucial changed and that is player's loadout vs movement. But more importantly, my mindset changed. It wasn't that long before I realized that running light is just as viable as being fully geared. Beauty of this game is that you can play it as you see fit. As I said, currently the focus for me i running light, with only essential gear and surviving off the nature most of the time. Couple of days ago, my friend and I run into another player, who was like you describe geared, carrying several weapons and so on. This however; gave him no advantage whatsoever in the encounter. 

People who chose to have all their encounters fully geared at the NWA can do so. Same as we can run light with rifles, lurking around and choosing which encounters we get into and which we don't. Hunting, farming and cooking are very viable, no need to collect cans and so on. Even movement during the night is again quite feasible. 

Melee combat with knife is now the perfect way to dispatch infected quietly and efficiently. 

So I would definitely argue, that now the game allows so much more and can rally accommodate any playstyle you choose without penalizing you for it. 

@William Sternritter Probably you was an apple glitcher so thats why you didnt need to hunt, fish or cultivate. Now we have lot of resources everywhere, even the zombies gives you ton of food and drinks, ammo, etc... So now is just not a survival experience man. And in my oppinion, melee combat now is useless to try surprise a player and knock him out like we could do before with just one hit on the head, we cant do that anymore, we cant surprise anybody by one hit. Cheers.

Edited by ZinMas 101

7 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

@William Sternritter Probably you was an apple glitcher so thats why you didnt need to hunt, fish or cultivate. Now we have lot of resources everywhere, even the zombies gives you ton of food and drinks, ammo, etc... So now is just not a survival experience man. Cheers.

I don't know what an apple glitcher is and infected give you barely any food now. Maybe you should stop talking bs about others and play the game some more.

1 minute ago, William Sternritter said:

I don't know what an apple glitcher is and infected give you barely any food now. Maybe you should stop talking bs about others and play the game some more.

@William Sternritter Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah maaaan im preeeeetty sure you dont know what an apple glitcher is.... when you was playing before 0.63, man, most of players were apple glitchers cause the lack of food, what are you talking about? 🤣🤣🤣

Im done with you man, cheers. 😂

4 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

@William Sternritter Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah maaaan im preeeeetty sure you dont know what an apple glitcher is.... when you was playing before 0.63, man, most of players were apple glitchers cause the lack of food, what are you talking about? 🤣🤣🤣

Im done with you man, cheers. 😂

Yes, I knew how to look for food and there was plenty. Including animals. Nom nom wolf steaks. So … yeah … we're done here. 

23 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Yes, I knew how to look for food and there was plenty. Including animals. Nom nom wolf steaks. So … yeah … we're done here. 

I cant believe you dont know what an apple glitcher is if you played it before 0.63 it is just not believable man, I insist, everyone did it because of the lack of food... but you're like... acting like you dont know I think. And yes, I also know many players who claim to had big bases ... but did not say they played on empty public servers. Maybe that's why you found food everywhere (on empty servers) while in full private servers most of players had to GLITCH APPLES I dont care if you like that or not, its a big fact man 😂 And now you mention animals, when before you said you didnt need to hunt.... you're just weird, it smells weird for me. 

At least when they were just spawning, they always picked apples (glitching it) on the coast to climb north... but hey... you can still acting like you're surprised with it... 😂 

Edited by ZinMas 101

49 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

snip

Nobody cares.

He CAN be a legit player. The fact he's lying or not isn't relevant, it's just pointless.

Edited by Alphajim
  • Beans 1