hsv7ltr

New Players Be Warned

To be honest, DayZ on PS4 is a mess. There are so many "game breaking" bugs and problems that many people have more trouble than fun in this game and that should be a shame for the devs!

-you are getting killed because your gun isn't working
-you spend hours to find a rare gun and then realise that the mag gets stuck in the gun and make it worthless
-you can't pickup/see loot from friends/players
- Buggy items/inventory (e.g. you can't reload your mags until you relog)
-lot of desync and bad server performance
- horrible fps in some areas and especialy in pvp scenarios
-lot of crashes (blue screens) and freezes and you end up waiting 10mins in a que but at the end your loading screen will freeze when you are about to enter the server because someone is using voip near your last position

....just to name a few "game breaking bugs and problems".

10 out of 12 players from my friendlist already left the game because of those game breaking bugs and I can't blame them. I can't even blame those people which say that this game is a pure cashgrab on console. Some friends asked me if the game is any good and if they should buy it and the only thing that I can tell them is that the general idea and look of the game is great but I wouldn't recommend to buy the game because it's unfinished and there are too many game breaking bugs in it's current state.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect such a game to be bug free but imho it's a shame to release this game in such a bad state and for such a high price. The slow development and basicaly no hotifixes makes it even worse and BI should be ashamed of their work!

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2019 at 11:38 PM, SillyJoe said:

To be honest, DayZ on PS4 is a mess. There are so many "game breaking" bugs and problems that many people have more trouble than fun in this game and that should be a shame for the devs!

....just to name a few "game breaking bugs and problems".

10 out of 12 players from my friendlist already left the game because of those game breaking bugs and I can't blame them. I can't even blame those people which say that this game is a pure cashgrab on console. Some friends asked me if the game is any good and if they should buy it and the only thing that I can tell them is that the general idea and look of the game is great but I wouldn't recommend to buy the game because it's unfinished and there are too many game breaking bugs in it's current state.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect such a game to be bug free but imho it's a shame to release this game in such a bad state and for such a high price. The slow development and basicaly no hotifixes makes it even worse and BI should be ashamed of their work!

I'm surprised The Voip thing hasn't been address, Literally if someone is in game chat while near you with their mic on you cannot get on lol they could hold you offline unless you went to a new server get warped and go back. 

4 hours ago, Anwah said:

I'm surprised The Voip thing hasn't been address, Literally if someone is in game chat while near you with their mic on you cannot get on lol they could hold you offline unless you went to a new server get warped and go back. 

Not only that, if your unlucky and you die near players which are using voip right next to your corpse you can't even respawn as your game will freeze as well... Hopefully they have adressed this issue with the latest patch.

Surely you can just close the game and restart it? When you die and do not respawn, the game just puts you at the title screen until you load in fresh and you get your fresh spawn.

34 minutes ago, etaab said:

Surely you can just close the game and restart it? When you die and do not respawn, the game just puts you at the title screen until you load in fresh and you get your fresh spawn.

Ofc you can close the game and restart it but it's kinda annoying if you end up in 15+ que only because the voip is freezing your game. So the problem are the freezes when spawning/respawning if someone is using voip right next to you, especially on a high pop server with a big que.

Well thankfully I have had none of those issues since the Invisible Z's killed me last week but I do give a damn in building a character up to log out in a safe place only to find the next time I log in I find myself no where near where I logged out and within a minute shoot because I have been spawned in where others are having a gun battle. Well peaved.

I've never been killed by an invisible zombie, maybe that's a lag issue your end ? Or you're on a server not in your region?

On 10/3/2019 at 4:28 AM, etaab said:

Sure you could but if you play on a high population server with um.. players.. some of these things have 10+ player ques, one official server has like 20 player waits and that one Private one is like 30 player + waits haha, its not worth it. 

Well the 1.05 update seems to be as wonderful as expected.

Once again, if you are a new player do your research.

Many of us have come to the game at various stages of development and used that as an excuse or reason to justify the poor state of the game. 

There is no excuse! 

Resources are spent on new features, new platform releases, A NEW MAP!

Yet, as it is, the game itself is so flawed at its core that anything added just serves to create another layer of issues.

And to top it off BI are now releasing the game in stores? 

I thought Dean Hall was the problem for a long time but I'm thinking now that he never had a chance when a part of Bohemia.

Sorry that this turned into a rant post but I personally believe the forums should be filled with posts like this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hsv7ltr said:

And to top it off BI are now releasing the game in stores?  

Holy shit, they ARE RELEASING THE GAME IN STORES!? Like, they wanna sell it? Unbelievable. Its almost as they wanna, i dunno, make profit as a company or something. Maybe even pay their employees.

Btw what is it now that drives you so mad that you are spouting BS again?

Well done, cherry pick one line from my post and take it out of context.

Are you telling me you think it should be released as a full game? Because a quick scroll through these forums would suggest it is far from what anyone who buys games in stores would consider finished. Yes some of the community are more into the alpha and beta or early access games but this isn't marketed as such.

I think I've made it pretty clear what my problem with BI is, but to simplify it for you.

DayZ has become a cash cow, the development is more marketing than creating a finished product.

BI will use it as a cash grab, then more than likely funnel said funds into DayZ 2 or some such. I hope I'm wrong.

The PS4 version is a mess compared to the xbox counterpart but it's still a very good game. I'm picky with games,  I don't buy many per year as I used to. I really love Dayz even with its faults.

I would say it's a full game, but BI do need to fix the basics and then at least it would be a worthwhile purchase for the more casual gamers who aren't Dayz fans since the early days.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:16 AM, hsv7ltr said:

The point is there's too many people buying the game only to be disappointed. You say It's better but that is such a general statement, what can a new player take from that?

I'm willing to bet that it is a very, very small percentage of new players that will come here in search of fair reviews and then make a decision to purchase, or not.