Sign in to follow this  
Vasily Elda

Bugged loot pos in 1.05

In the new version, the loot began to spawn in places where it should not be.
For example: I have a HescoBox (Wire Mesh Barrier), which can only spawn in the police and military, but for some reason, it began to appear in garages, sheds and houses.
I also noticed that military loot in the NW began to appear everywhere, in garages and other places where it should not be.

The wire mesh barrier always used to spawn in industrial buildings. Nevertheless, the spawning of certain loot in different building is intended. In other words, garages at military bases offer military loot now as well. Garages near a police station contain police gear. Medical items spawn in buildings next to the hospital.

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

The wire mesh barrier always used to spawn in industrial buildings. Nevertheless, the spawning of certain loot in different building is intended. In other words, garages at military bases offer military loot now as well. Garages near a police station contain police gear. Medical items spawn in buildings next to the hospital.

My HescoBox will spawn exactly where I wrote, because I have my own loot positions. And when developers break something, it's easier to track.
Therefore, I say that the position of the loot in the game is broken, because loot appears where it should not be.

and with regards to what you wrote, it does not correspond to reality. you can immediately see a person who does not understand the mechanics of spawn loot.

I confirm. Developers broke the spawn loot system. On the forum of the community of mod developers, we talked about this and it turned out that the guys have the same problems. Now the loot will spawn not in the prescribed places in types.xml, but around them. Developers, as always, will do something new, break the rest!

Instead of telling someone he doesn't know anything about the CLE and blaming the developers, how about you read sometime? It is INTENDED. Loot areas with a different loot area than a certain loot area are going to contain loot of that certain loot area now.

Edited by IMT

11 minutes ago, IMT said:

Instead of telling someone he doesn't know anything about the CLE and blaming the developers, how about you read sometime? It is INTENDED. Loot areas with a different loot area than a certain loot area are going to contain loot of that certain loot area now.

where is it written about, share the link?

2 hours ago, Vasily Elda said:

My HescoBox will spawn exactly where I wrote, because I have my own loot positions. And when developers break something, it's easier to track.
Therefore, I say that the position of the loot in the game is broken, because loot appears where it should not be.

and with regards to what you wrote, it does not correspond to reality. you can immediately see a person who does not understand the mechanics of spawn loot.

Look I am just talking about the official servers/vanilla community servers. So I cannot say anything about Xml files on your private server. 

In some cases it does correspond to reality. Why should police gear not spawn in the garage of the police station? Sure the houses next to the hospital might be a bit more far fetched, but perhaps thats where the medical personnel lived.

Anyhow, here is the link where the devs confirm it is intended: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143841

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

Look I am just talking about the official servers/vanilla community servers. So I cannot say anything about Xml files on your private server. 

In some cases it does correspond to reality. Why should police gear not spawn in the garage of the police station? Sure the houses next to the hospital might be a bit more far fetched, but perhaps thats where the medical personnel lived.

Anyhow, here is the link where the devs confirm it is intended: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143841

Thank you for the link! And I'm sorry if I rudely put it.

This new loot mechanic is very stupid.

There was loot mechanics, not perfect, but you could work with it. Now, all that you have done can be thrown away, because someone very “smart” came up with such a system.

3 hours ago, IMT said:

Instead of telling someone he doesn't know anything about the CLE and blaming the developers, how about you read sometime?

I always read. Only a bug tracker is not a changelog. Such things should be indicated precisely in the changelog.

And I do not blame the developers, but stating a fact!

Edited by Vasily Elda

36 minutes ago, Vasily Elda said:

Thank you for the link! And I'm sorry if I rudely put it.

This new loot mechanic is very stupid.

There was loot mechanics, not perfect, but you could work with it. Now, all that you have done can be thrown away, because someone very “smart” came up with such a system.

I always read. Only a bug tracker is not a changelog. Such things should be indicated precisely in the changelog.

And I do not blame the developers, but stating a fact!

Well, I agree with that. This should've been in the changelog. But saying the developers broke it is subjective, since I and other people think it's a nice and good addition and that it makes sense.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IMT said:

and that it makes sense. 

Eh, more or less. Garages behind or next a police station, ideally on the same property, yes. But houses next to a police station? Why should a normal person living there have police stuff under his table?

Also, I hate stealth changes. Thats what a changelog is for -_-

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

I hope that the developers will put out variables to control the spread of loot in the config file, otherwise ahtung.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:30 PM, amadieus said:

That link does not have a confirmation by any dev that it's intended. It just has a bunch of people making statements with no source.

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

That link does not have a confirmation by any dev that it's intended. It just has a bunch of people making statements with no source.

Geez has said so in that bug report:

''Hello everyone.
According to the designers, this is intended behaviour and everything works correctly in this case.
With Regards,
Geez''

I have the opinion that it doesn’t matter when some items can appear anywhere. Since people of different specialties could be anywhere and leave their things. Such a scenario implies some history. One could add random appearances of any objects to random places: on the side of the road, in the forest and in the field.
I don't like it when players use a strictly programmed system of places and loot. Such players often abuse it, guarding the places of popular prey and Kos of unarmed and weak opponents.

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

Geez has said so in that bug report:

''Hello everyone.
According to the designers, this is intended behaviour and everything works correctly in this case.
With Regards,
Geez''

Is there someplace that says Geez is a developer? He's obviously an admin for the feedback tracker, but that doesn't make him a dev.

9 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Is there someplace that says Geez is a developer? He's obviously an admin for the feedback tracker, but that doesn't make him a dev.

Don't know if he is an actual dev or just the admin. Nevertheless,  he works with the dev team and thus knows if something is intended or not.

12 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Does he have to be? If you could actually read then you would know the answer. First off, you already missed his post and second, it says ACCORDING TO THE DESIGNERS. What do you think that means?

Geez might or might not be a developer but he does assign tickets to developers so he either is a developer himself or works with the developers.

Edited by IMT