Tarkules

Store Firewood as a pile with persistency

I would like to have the ability to store firewood in a proper stack with persistency.

For example:

1. Pile 6 items of firewood in your hands (which can't be done in the current version, 1.05)

2. When aiming at the floor, a new interaction should appear - "Create a Firewood Pile".

3. This will place the firewood in a pile, and it should represent the quantity visually. (Similar to the piles of planks that are located at the lumber yards, only smaller)

The reason I'm suggesting this is because everytime we build a base, we end up with a big amount of firewood. Also, this could be a nice visual and practical addition to bases and camps.

Storing the firewood is a waste of space, burning them all night long is a hassle, and leaving then on the ground is a waste of materials.

Edited by Tarkules
  • Like 1

Why not store them inside of a tent, trunk of a car, bury them in a chest, places like that?

I did that at one camp I set up in the woods outside of Dubrovka.  I had two tents, one with all my regular loot and the other with nothing but firewood.  I went through several axes to do it, but at one point, I had about 60 pieces of firewood in there.  Of course, someone can easily come along and steal it, but placing the firewood inside of anything that has inventory slots should keep it in persistence.

Because:

1. Storage units are rare to find (tents and chests) and vehicles are hard to assemble and maintain (vehicles).

2. In reality, you will never store firewood in your pockets, you cars, tents and or any special containers. You just pile them up.

3. Firewood takes up a lot of space in storage.

Agree. Players should also be able to carry say up to three logs in their hands at a time. Could even be the case that a player can pickup and carry one log, once they do that another player can pile additional logs in their hands. Then drop all the logs into a pile as you describe.