TheDrifT3r_Cz

Update 1.04 disappoint

I have heard, that on Xbox, there is a big improvement in performance on both types of Xboxs..

But on PS4? Standard PS4 now even lag in small villages (my internet works fine). Aiming with scope in city? Wau, FPS drop big as cow, everything grey, or lime green.. Still same as in previous update.

Rendering is now even worst.. It's happen right ahead of you (10 meters). Zombies are grey, even if they get close to you.

Zombies still spawn on roofs (not spawn, they somehow teleport there, when they chase me.

Zombies comes thru you, while in fight with them. 

Players character strangely moves around zombie while in fight. 

I hope, there will be a hot fix coming in the next week.. I don't wanna to wait to next update.. 

BI got seperated team for consoles, but now it seems like they need seperated team for each type of console. 

@ImpulZ Sorry, but I need to make it more visible to developers.. Coz, propably you don't even read these common threads. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

Zombies still spawn on roofs (not spawn, they somehow teleport there, when they chase me.

Zombies comes thru you, while in fight with them. 

Players character strangely moves around zombie while in fight. 

Those issues are also on pc and it was never said it will be fixed for 1.04 on console

7 minutes ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

I have heard, that on Xbox, there is a big improvement in performance on both types of Xboxs..

But on PS4? Standard PS4 now even lag in small villages (my internet works fine). Aiming with scope in city? Wau, FPS drop big as cow, everything grey, or lime green.. Still same as in previous update.

Rendering is now even worst.. It's happen right ahead of you (10 meters). Zombies are grey, even if they get close to you.

[...]

I hope, there will be a hot fix coming in the next week.. I don't wanna to wait to next update.. 

BI got seperated team for consoles, but now it seems like they need seperated team for each type of console. 

Seems odd, they probably had to priotitize the optimisation on xbox first maybe ?

On my private server with just me in host in the uk and the host sever is 30miles from me I use the internet to check pong ands it’s 33ms or wot u call it and I lag so bad in my own server the rending is worse now than 3days a go when severs was duped to fuck

As a Xbox player, i can confirm that indeed this update had a huge improvement on performance, big cities are amazing to walk now, no issues at all.

I though Playstation was also the case, that is definitely weird.

• Like 2

I believe that they are fully aware of the bad performance on PS4/pro as I even paid for the performance boost on my sever cost £24 for extra ram power didn’t change a thing just wasting more money on a game I love to play but can’t I even have a better hard drive in my pro and dont make a difference with the super fast fibre optic broadband hardwired into the ps4 fingers crossed us ps4 owners can get close to u xbox players... 

23 minutes ago, Markyd said:

I believe that they are fully aware of the bad performance on PS4/pro as I even paid for the performance boost on my sever cost £24 for extra ram power didn’t change a thing just wasting more money on a game I love to play but can’t I even have a better hard drive in my pro and dont make a difference with the super fast fibre optic broadband hardwired into the ps4 fingers crossed us ps4 owners can get close to u xbox players... 

That RAM only applies for Minescraft servers I think

Edited by lJamesHalel1

Yeh that’s wot I thought but after reading the wiki if u have a lot of ppl in server and lots of stuff then it’s meant to help performance so my thought was it would boost my server but no luck... not even the public server are any good they lag out really bad as well.... it’s coz they rushed the PS4 port. 

@Lt.Master

Fixed: AI could teleport, visually appear where it was not positioned or be positioned at roofs

It's in the change log, why it should not be done right? 

I hope, that they are aware, but I don't wanna wait another month or more to next update, only with hope, that they will do something about it.. 

+ Now some zombies don't have a hitbox.. You can shoot whole magazine to them, fight them with knife, but you will not be able to kill them.. 

58 minutes ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

@Lt.Master

Fixed: AI could teleport, visually appear where it was not positioned or be positioned at roofs

It's in the change log, why it should not be done right? 

I hope, that they are aware, but I don't wanna wait another month or more to next update, only with hope, that they will do something about it.. 

+ Now some zombies don't have a hitbox.. You can shoot whole magazine to them, fight them with knife, but you will not be able to kill them.. 

As I said, on pc it's still the case so nope not fixed x)

20 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

As I said, on pc it's still the case so nope not fixed x)

So why it is fixed? I get you, but still why? And now it happens more often than before.. 

Still its not about only this thing.. Half of game suck. Never meet immortal zombie in last update. Now it happens twice to me from update release.. 

Cars have sounds now, but drive them to the hill is pain in arse.. Even on first gear it losing speed.. And freezing which comes with it.. You only asking to crash. (only this new car, Ada is fine in terrain and hills) 

Edited by TheDrifT3r_Cz

Although I'm not happy with the patch I have to say that the fps during gunfights improved significantly on my end (PS4 Pro, SSD, 1080p, boost mode=off)... But I haven't had a major gunfight in a big city (like electro) so I can't tell if big citys are still a big problem but scope rendering is completly fine for me (I guess my SSD helps there alot).

Anyway I would suggest that you guys set your PS4(Pro) to 1080p with boost mode off/Supersampling off. I hope that will help a bit...

Yeh I have to agree the gun play is a lot better u can hear every bullet fire and can control the recoil much better... I seem to get better FPS with boost mode on and running my pro on hdr mode but the popping sound when reloading a clip is painful and have to turn my headset down before has anyone else suffering with that 

38 minutes ago, Markyd said:

Yeh I have to agree the gun play is a lot better u can hear every bullet fire and can control the recoil much better... I seem to get better FPS with boost mode on and running my pro on hdr mode but the popping sound when reloading a clip is painful and have to turn my headset down before has anyone else suffering with that 

I thought you couldn’t use boost mode on 4k tv's? And at the same time you got hdr enabled? 

Sounds weird. 

U can but I believe that it will only boast games that it can boost I just have every thing on and full max lol I find it hard to see ppl at range on 1080p even on my big ass 4k tv lol I’ll check when I finish work and see if it makes a difference (£ 

5 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

I thought you couldn’t use boost mode on 4k tv's? And at the same time you got hdr enabled? 

Sounds weird. 

Afaik DayZ doesn't have HDR support but I'll try boost mode on tonight (maybe the improved it 4 the pro)...

Do you play at 4k? I had horrible fps with 4k but I haven't tried boost mode + 4k with latest patch.

So you guys set it to 1080p and enable boost mode? 

Because my pro tells me that i can not use boost mode due to 4k.

I'm enjoying the new update.

Honestly, as long as duping is a lot less of a problem, then I'll be happy.

Which appears to be the case.

As for performance, I would suggest running at lower resolution with super sampling off. 

Dayz will improve performance wise, that I have no doubt of, you guys should have seen this thing when it was first released on PC.

The devs have truly accomplished alot.

Unfortunately (for them), the scope of the game is absolutely gigantic and as such all of their efforts are over shadowed by the games short comings.

So wait, be patient, make the most of it.

If possible try to make your complaints clear and accurate, instead of just saying its dissapointing.

12 hours ago, hsv7ltr said:

I'm enjoying the new update.

Honestly, as long as duping is a lot less of a problem, then I'll be happy.

Which appears to be the case.

As for performance, I would suggest running at lower resolution with super sampling off. 

Dayz will improve performance wise, that I have no doubt of, you guys should have seen this thing when it was first released on PC.

The devs have truly accomplished alot.

Unfortunately (for them), the scope of the game is absolutely gigantic and as such all of their efforts are over shadowed by the games short comings.

So wait, be patient, make the most of it.

If possible try to make your complaints clear and accurate, instead of just saying its dissapointing.

Wait and be patient? 

Let me ask you this... When is enough, enough? What is, in your mind, a good timeline to wait and be patient? 2 years? 10 years? 5 months? 

Well that's entirely up to you.

Edited by hsv7ltr
Missed quote
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Wait and be patient? 

Let me ask you this... When is enough, enough? What is, in your mind, a good timeline to wait and be patient? 2 years? 10 years? 5 months? 

If you think it’s shitty then stop playing the game, simple.

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Wait and be patient? 

On 8/11/2019 at 10:39 AM, bent.toe said:

So you guys set it to 1080p and enable boost mode? 

Because my pro tells me that i can not use boost mode due to 4k.

I can turn on boost mode at 4k (+1080p) with my pro (I can't turn on Supersampling with my 4k TV tho)...

So i've tried boost mode on with 4k and the game looks amazing but its more laggy and the fps are far worse than with 1080p. I can't tell for sure if the boost mode does anything but before 1.04 1080p with boost mode off was the way to go and I think it's still the best. Anyway I'm really sad that 4k doesn't run as smooth as 1080p because I would really like to play at 4k. The game looks amazing at 4k and it's also more easy to spot ppl at higher distances at 4k resolution for me.

So I really hope that the devs can improve the 4k performance for the PS4 Pro players (with 4k TV's/monitors) and please improve the rendering of the enviroment (i even have a SSD inside my PS4 and still got problems). Pls improve it devs ❤️

21 hours ago, hsv7ltr said:

Well that's entirely up to you.

But i asked when your patience is up. 

You never answered that. 

20 hours ago, namrednels1 said:

If you think it’s shitty then stop playing the game, simple.

The concept is great and my 1000+ hours show that (887 hours on xbox and roughly 300 on ps4) so it's not a shitty concept. If you can stand behind a product this broken, a studio that rather release new weapons and features (that add more bugs) than fix the issues... Well that is called fanboyism and just makes you blind to the game breaking issues. 

I refunded it on xbox, Sony says no.. but yeah, i play it less and less. This weekend i played 1 hour in total. 

28 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

But i asked when your patience is up. 

You never answered that. 

Not yet, and I've been playing since the early days of the arms 2 mod on PC.