Sign in to follow this  
xxDominion

Concerns for DayZ

Hi Guys,  I just wanted to voice a concern, and I hope a Dev might address it.  Its with the upcoming Survivor Games.  It is my hope, that BI is NOT pulling assets away from the development of DayZ, in order to push out this Survivor gamez..  I like the idea of the gamez, but I like more then anything the idea of the Dev Team, continuing to further develop and flesh out this great game we love called DayZ.  So, any info would be appreciated...  Thanks.. 

• Thanks 1

survivor gamez,xbox team,ps4 team should work all in pc build.
i bought the game in 2014 an and on 2019 it has less features than then.
i bought early access and now i have full game.
nice

From what’s I’ve heard, SG devs have actually been helping out DayZ devs, and vice versa. Arma devs, too. Bohemia are looking to help fund further development, and SG is one of their options (nearly 7 years of development doesn’t come cheap).

Updates have been great this year. If they keep it up, we’ll have nothing to worry about.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xxDominion said:

Hi Guys,  I just wanted to voice a concern, and I hope a Dev might address it.  Its with the upcoming Survivor Games.  It is my hope, that BI is NOT pulling assets away from the development of DayZ, in order to push out this Survivor gamez..  I like the idea of the gamez, but I like more then anything the idea of the Dev Team, continuing to further develop and flesh out this great game we love called DayZ.  So, any info would be appreciated...  Thanks.. 

Hello 🙂

The Survivor GameZ is a seperate team from the DayZ team. This new team is composed of 10(more or less sometimes) people working on this project for months now.

Like @ThePugman said, the team can indeed help the Dayz team if needed. But the work done on this dlc The Survivor GameZ can also be transfered to the base game if needed. This dlc is also a great place to test some ideas and features in a earlier stage, the best example being Hordes.

This dlc seems to be a dev idea and not a idea from bohemia. If you take a look on their discord they are all very active and passionate to their project but also dayz, some of them even stream dayz on twitch btw.

In short, take the Survivor GameZ as a testing ground. Everything good from this dlc could be used for dayz as well and help the dev working on this dlc to discover new stuff on the road.

Bohemia is a company, if money continue to come why should they drop dayz ? A lot of console users bought the game and the private servers on console are going to make quite some money for the team. And we are not even talking about dayz pc sells since release and merch.

• Like 1

Different team maybe, but they're still allocated funds that could have been used for the base game. I'd rather would have seen those funds funneled into the base game.

It feels ass backward to me they're wasting budget on this  game mode that could have easily been created by the modding community while essential elements for DayZ are not implemented and the modding community is trying to scrape them together.

Edited by azimov